I hope we're able to use some of special weapons in Halo infinite a little more often than we were in Halo 5 I would love to use the voids tear a little more often
That’s only if the Void’s Tear actually returns in Infinite, which I don’t expect it will.
I'm personally not a fan of all the unique weapons and variations in the weapons sandbox of Halo 5. I would be alright with a small handful of these returning in PvE modes particularly, so seeing some unique Covenant and Promethians weapons available as pickups in the campaign is certainly a fine idea.

I think they really throw a wrench in the traditionally simple balancing act of Halo's weapons sandbox in multi-player, though, so if I had to choose between them not coming back at all or coming back across the board in PvE and PvP, I'd choose for them to be entirely exempt.
I honestly hope they remove all the unique weapons, they were kinda cool for your first experiance of finding them, but became to hard to balance properly and it became a fight of who had the better version of what guns (Blood of Suban anyone?)
I actually hope they chill out with the variants. Keep it more simple.
I don't want all the variants to come back just some of them
Absolutely. I've said this many times before, so I apologize for repeating myself, but seriously the sandbox needs to return to its roots. Simple military style weapons that serve a specific purpose. The term "tactical" in the military sense means that something is designed to achieve a specific purpose. A sniper rifle is tactical because it has a very specific purpose, for example. Weapon variants and goofy skins can be fun, but when a single weapon has so many variants with so many purposes, it can no longer be considered tactical in the strictest sense.
The variants were cool at first but you can tell they are op. Very unbalanced. Halo infinite shouldn’t let them come back.
Like always I think that's a nice addition for Forge (more options, more possibilities), but also terrible for pretty much everything else. And I do include Warzone in this! I still believe the mode would be better and way more balanced with PW map pick-ups, power-up as well as vehicles obtainable on conquer zones and predefined loadouts. The mode was build like it was to sell ya the gambling mechanic without angering the user base too much (and sadly for the most part it worked...)!
Absolutely. I've said this many times before, so I apologize for repeating myself, but seriously the sandbox needs to return to its roots. Simple military style weapons that serve a specific purpose. The term "tactical" in the military sense means that something is designed to achieve a specific purpose. A sniper rifle is tactical because it has a very specific purpose, for example. Weapon variants and goofy skins can be fun, but when a single weapon has so many variants with so many purposes, it can no longer be considered tactical in the strictest sense.
They're gonna have to retcon Johnson's line in Halo 2 from "get tactical Marines!" to "get REQd Marines!"
I agree with the OP. There weren’t many times we were able to use weapon variants in the campaign of H5. Hope that changes in Infinite.
If you mean stuff like the target locator then yes, as for req variants they could give us the option to adjust the settings of guns our selves. Hopefully the vehicle variants return though even if the appearance is just cosmetic and can only be spawned in forge.
If they make special weapons, then they should make them show up more so we don't only see it once in campaign.