Hoping for 30 fps campaign

OP darknikolas

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
People tend to say that they don't see a difference between 30fps and 60fps but I do. I would prefer non-splitscreen to be at 60 and splitscreen to be at 30fps. If we consider that Infinite will most likely launch on the next Xbox Generation and on PC, splitscreen at 60fps is completely plausible.
well frank o connor recently said its a xbox one game unless its a cross gen game which I could see
It’s coming on Windows 10 and Xbox One (confirmed at E3) and the next-gen is just rumours.
Ew, why on earth would you prefer 30 FPS? 60 is hella better.
I wouldn't mind 30 fps, but 60 is becoming the standard for most games these days.
If it's on the next gen consoles then it better be running 4K 60FPS, Xbox One players who own the OG One or the S I would say 1080p 60FPS would be a great marker. Frames have never truly bothered me unless it's a frame drop of course. But when I'm playing by myself I can rarely ever tell if it's running 30 or 60FPS. But again if it's on next gen consoles then I would have to say 4K 60FPS is the standard.
I don't feel that their is any benefit to lowering the frame rate, I think that It would be detrimental to the game especially on PC if it was 30fps all the way around. I personally think that there is a noticeable difference between the two and It would look better and run smoother on 60fps
While I can understand your reasoning, think about it this way. Infinite is running on a completely new engine, and, based off of what we saw, it's capable of doing SO much more than the blam! engine that was being used since CE. Those massive environments with incredible levels of detail are just the tip of the iceberg. I think 343 can pull off a 60fps campaign, and downgrade it to 30fps for splitscreen, without sacrificing large scale environments. Especially with the power of the Xbox one X, and whatever Xbox Scarlet is going to be. Not to mention, they're taking their time with this game. Rest assured, it'll be incredibly optimized and polished on launch. They'd be foolish to repeat the mistakes of H5.
At this point it is probable that the game will release on PC, next gen and current gen. Given this, they could very well just let us choose between some predefined settings. I completely agree with having halo infinite on power point btw. The thing that i really want is that grandiose, high budget, almost experimental feeling that i got with halo 1 and halo 2. Those two games had things I had never seen before in games and they felt passionate. You could feel the overtime. Halo 5 single player felt like they cut a lot of corners.
I feel like Halo Infinite will feel passionate and driven by the love the developers have for Halo. On the original Xbox One and the One S, it'll probably have a scaleable framerate and resolution, so we won't have to worry about missing out on large, detailed environments. I see it going down to 720p at 30fps on the Xbox One and the One S, and downscaling to 1080p and 30-60 fps on the One X, depending on what's happening. On the next gen consoles it'll undoubtedly be able to run at 60fps or higher, and 4k resolutions at all times, except maybe in splitscreen. It'll probably downscale to 1080p in spiltscreen, especially if your doing 4 player splitscreen and your looking at a huge environment.
Now that I've gotten used to what 144fps looks like, there's no way in hell I'm going back to 30. May as well make the game playable in PowerPoint.
More importantly than FPS, being able to change FOV.
I see you guys want 30FPS cinematic experience am I right lololol!!
It is not a make a break thing for me, since I often play older games. If you are asking which is better it is always going to be 60 or higher. If its comes to the quality of controls vs visual quality I prefer the former since I will be playing more than watching.
Nadesicle wrote:
I personally enjoy the games better at 30 fps. Probably because I'm an original Halo guy and that's what I'm so used to. When I play 60 it feels to "smooth" if you know what I mean. Maybe I'm just weird, but I accept that. :)
Being an old Halo-er as well I 100% agree with this. 60fps plays too smooth and feels almost like Im playing a b rated sci fi movie.
Tbh I've never seen a game series take a plunge and going from 30fps up to 60fps in a main entry title, just for the one after to plummet back to 30.

In all actuality, the new engine for Infinite is more than likely being optimized across the board for consistent 60fps gameplay, and given that we have X and S models of the One, with other models coming in the future, I'd be hard to convince that we're getting anything less than 60fps for any Halo title ever again. All previous titles for MCC including the newly-included Reach are up to 60fps with enhanced visuals and they supported splitscreen up to 4 players. I'm firm in believing Infinite will be no less on an engine specifically made for this game.
tsassi wrote:
Naqser wrote:
How about a more niche and stylistic look on the visual department which doesn't require too much from the hardware.
Allowing the large maps, more AI and whatever else you wanted.

I don't feel like what we need is to push the graphics all the time. It's time to advance other stuff.
Yes, I notice the difference between 30 and 60 fps. I never thought I'd do, and that people exaggerated when they said going to 30 after being used to 60 is sickening / jarring. I'm not too far off from those experiences.
I would be inclined to agree, but if the announcement trailer is anything to go by, looks like that's not going to to happen. I'm fairly certain that trailer was in-engine, though probably not representative of the final graphical fidelity. I'd expect the final game to look like a somewhat toned down version of that.

EDIT: I wouldn't ditch 60 fps for better campaign graphics. Frankly, graphical fidelity in games is at the point for me where I put game responsiveness even in single player ahead of graphics. Heck, if this game was everything I wanted, but hadn't advanced graphically from Halo 5, I wouldn't have the slightest problem with that.
You wouldn't have a problem if Halo Infinite had the same/similar graphics as Halo 5's bad textures (https://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1188/11888561/3068485-8777959797-Halo5.png)? Textures that looked worse than Halo 3 (https://i.imgur.com/KK8IkbL.jpg)? Fair enough, but I'm super proud of 343 Industries for taking the direction they are with Halo Infinite. A long development time, incredible graphics (The original Halo trilogy introduced ground breaking graphics for its time when each game came out). This is the direction they should take the main Halo games in. If Halo 6 was on the same/similar engine as Halo 5 with those graphics instead, that would be really unacceptable looking in modern day in my opinion.
You wouldn't have a problem if Halo Infinite had the same/similar graphics as Halo 5's bad textures (https://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1188/11888561/3068485-8777959797-Halo5.png)? Textures that looked worse than Halo 3 (https://i.imgur.com/KK8IkbL.jpg)? Fair enough, but I'm super proud of 343 Industries for taking the direction they are with Halo Infinite. A long development time, incredible graphics (The original Halo trilogy introduced ground breaking graphics for its time when each game came out). This is the direction they should take the main Halo games in. If Halo 6 was on the same/similar engine as Halo 5 with those graphics instead, that would be really unacceptable looking in modern day in my opinion.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say by showing me a couple of abnormally bad textures from Halo 5. Do you just want to vent about some personal gripe of yours? Because I'm certain that you are smart enough to understand that when I say "if this game [...] hadn't advanced graphically from Halo 5, I wouldn't have the slightest problem with that" I don't mean "if this game looked like some weird edge case of Halo 5", but "if this game looked as Halo 5 typically looks". The texture work you'd normally see is naturally much more detailed than anything you find in Halo 3, as seen here and here.

Another thing I'm certain you are smart enough to understand without me spelling it out explicitly is that when I say "I wouldn't have the slightest problem with that", I really mean that I wouldn't have a problem with it. I play Halo CE quite happily despite the graphics being very 2001 because I really like the gameplay. If the game is fun, I don't care about the graphics. I'm not saying somebody else would be fine with it. I'm not saying Halo 5 graphics would pass for a next-gen triple-A game in 2020. I'm not actually expecting Halo Infinite to have not advanced graphically. And I'm obviously happy to see that it has. I'm simply expressing the fact that graphical fidelity is ultimately very low on my priority list, all things considered.
tsassi wrote:
Naqser wrote:
How about a more niche and stylistic look on the visual department which doesn't require too much from the hardware.
Allowing the large maps, more AI and whatever else you wanted.

I don't feel like what we need is to push the graphics all the time. It's time to advance other stuff.
Yes, I notice the difference between 30 and 60 fps. I never thought I'd do, and that people exaggerated when they said going to 30 after being used to 60 is sickening / jarring. I'm not too far off from those experiences.
I would be inclined to agree, but if the announcement trailer is anything to go by, looks like that's not going to to happen. I'm fairly certain that trailer was in-engine, though probably not representative of the final graphical fidelity. I'd expect the final game to look like a somewhat toned down version of that.

EDIT: I wouldn't ditch 60 fps for better campaign graphics. Frankly, graphical fidelity in games is at the point for me where I put game responsiveness even in single player ahead of graphics. Heck, if this game was everything I wanted, but hadn't advanced graphically from Halo 5, I wouldn't have the slightest problem with that.
While I can't speak for tsassi on that matter, one would have to assume that in the case of it being "Halo 5 bad" graphics, it'd be consistent through and through.
Unlike the screenshot you posted where parts of the textures aren't up to par with the rest of the game.

As far as I'm concerned with graphics, the only time you actually notice how good they are is when you start the game up, and whenever the game decides to shove it in our face when you look at some massive set piece with incredible details and what not.
This is my experience, and to me it's quite ironic, the thing I'm least interested in when playing a game, is the graphics, they're the things we see, but when playing I couldn't care less about them as long as the gameplay is good, I actually forget about the graphics when playing. Can you honestly say that after 100 hours in, that the graphics of the game you're playing is of any importance?

Graphics are hyped up and showcased because it's the easiest to convey to people, and to talk about. How advanced the new tech in the engine is, how many more polygons they can fit in and what kind of new normal/bump mapping tech they've got which has reduced whatever which allows them to do something. It sounds so impressive, and it must be even more impressive to people who do not understand that kind of language.

Thinking back, I do not recall many games which are hailed because they "pushed graphics" forward, but because of the gameplay, neither do I recall many of the games with "impressive graphics", quite the opposite, I recall games which had good gameplay, but not really the best graphics, I also recall the games which didn't go nuts on getting the best imaginable graphics, but those that went with a more stylistic approach.

The graphics will not be the "main selling point" of Halo Infinite in 2-3 months, if they are, they better be some eye-blood inducing goodness, or the game is in an extremely sad state gameplay and content wise.
60fps over 30 ALWAYS. It´s a true difference.
Well, for me, i dont really care about the frame rate. I think that because of the new engine and the standars for Today-games they will make the whole game (cutscenes and gameplay) at 60fps or more to use the entire power of the Xbox One X and Xbox Scarllet. Just have this in count, Halo: TMCC plays at 120 fps in the One X, so we can wait to have Infinite at 60fps
I personally find 60fps way better to play then 30fps.
Particularly in games where you change directions a lot. Once you get used to 60fps in driving games (eg. Forza) you can't go back.
But having said that I would much prefer stable 30fps over an inconsistant 60fps.
I haven't tried a variable refresh rate set up though.
I imagine the new engine for Infinite has been hand built with 60fps in mind. Maybe even for split screen?
Darwi wrote:
I personally find 60fps way better to play then 30fps.
Particularly in games where you change directions a lot. Once you get used to 60fps in driving games (eg. Forza) you can't go back.
But having said that I would much prefer stable 30fps over an inconsistant 60fps.
I haven't tried a variable refresh rate set up though.
I imagine the new engine for Infinite has been hand built with 60fps in mind. Maybe even for split screen?
splitscreen was confirmed more than once so im assuming 60FPS across the board for ALL versions of the game
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4