Hostile Wildlife

OP FloppyFish05583

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I think it would be a great idea to have different types of wildlife:
Neutral, Hostile, and Passive.

The moas were a pretty cool addition to Halo Reach, it made the planet feel more like a planet than a gameplay zone (along with the big hostile ones with the tusks cant remember the name). What if in Halo Infinite, we had animals like the Moa, and then others that are aggressive on sight, or others that are hostile when disturbed.

In the reveal trailer 2018, we saw a herd of rhinos. Maybe those could be neutral..? Running past them too fast or shooting them causes them to charge? What are your ideas
I doubt they would give up the opportunity to have wildlife in a semi open world halo game. Especially since they have already put in work on animals in a demo .
I doubt they would give up the opportunity to have wildlife in a semi open world halo game. Especially since they have already put in work on animals in a demo .
True about the wildlife, but what are your thoughts on some of them being very hostile and challenging to take down?
It would be cool to see one of the rhino looking things take down a brute at some point
Reach's Wildlife was an nice sidekick but tbh I totally don't need stuff like that
The Guta's in Halo reach were a fun little thing to have in the game would love for something akin to that in the game.
I think wildlife in game would definitely be cool to see.
However I don’t want fighting wildlife to have to become a chore.
If there’s hostile wildlife I don’t want anything ridiculous to fight. Keep it quick and simple. I don’t need to be fighting boss level rhinos when I’ve got to put a bullet in between Escharum’s eyes.
True about the wildlife, but what are your thoughts on some of them being very hostile and challenging to take down?
I mean, ya maybe. Itd be cool but since we don't have proof either direction from 343 then its really a toss up on what they do
like bears?
I like the idea of wildlife being an obstacle in the world.
Micahronii wrote:
like bears?
Not just any ordinary bear. Space Bears.

If Halo Infinite has hostile space bears, it's a 10/10 game to me.
Spoiler:
Show
Edit: Just to add to this. I fully support Hostile wildlife, I feel it would add so much to the open world. Wildlife always works as a random encounter and I feel 343 could get really creative with the sci-fi setting.
I want a Paraceratherium. A Glyptodon. A Basilosaurus. Give me some huge wildlife.
And now, let's say that the Flood is not so picky anymore and they start to infect all large animals, even those without advanced cognitivity...
That would be really cool. Gives me Far Cry vibes. Would be awesome if animals would attack the banished too. Maybe they could even tame and weaponize them.
Blind wolves need to be in infinite.
After 2018 trailer i would like a mission area where you drive a Scout Warthog and you have to avoid stampede of Rhynos.
Usually it just turns into more of an annoyance than anything, But, especially with passive wildlife, it does make the world feel more alive, which I appreciate.
I'm open to seeing wildlife return in Halo Infinite. As long as it's nothing like Gúta from Halo Reach, those scared me the first time I saw them. Admittedly, I'm a bit on the ropes about fighting hostile wildlife. I get self-defense if the situation calls for it but taking out innocent life would definitely make me feel a little guilty.
It would make zeta halo ring much more interseting, fun to explore. It was really nice to play halo reach, because of gutas(hostile), ostrichs(passive)...
Ken Static wrote:
I'm open to seeing wildlife return in Halo Infinite. As long as it's nothing like Gúta from Halo Reach, those scared me the first time I saw them. Admittedly, I'm a bit on the ropes about fighting hostile wildlife. I get self-defense if the situation calls for it but taking out innocent life would definitely make me feel a little guilty.
See I dont want the wildlife to become a total hassle to fight, but it is possible if you run into them during certain times, in certain areas, or they just dont like you in the first place. As long as they aren't too distracting from the main game, I think it would work.
There is a part in Halo Oblivion (or maybe Silent Storm) where some kind of flying lizard perches itself on John 117's sniper rifle while he is planning an attack on the covenant. The beast is memorized by its own reflection in chief's visor, and chief doesn't want to startle it because it may give his position away. Eventually he decides to grab it and crush its skull after it spits an obstructing green liquid on his visor, not out of anger but necessity. I think this is a perfect encapsulation of what wildlife interaction should be in Halo games.
The player should be able to use the wildlife to his advantage, or able to be set back by it too. I think Reach did a good job of this. Would love to see some random wildlife interaction. Maybe you accidentally stick a flying bird with a plasma grenade, or perhaps some species of carnivorous animal sees grunts as easy prey and interferes with the enemies. There could be powerful rhino-like animals that, if provoked, could go berserk and charge any threat it perceives, wasting lots of ammunition or equipment.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2