1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Thrusters need to come back
Lt Ankia wrote:
Thrusters need to come back
Lame game mechanic that has no place in a simple sandbox shooter, maybe try something else?
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Using the Unreal Engine should be on that list imo.
You do realize how monumental that task would be? We're talking around two years of development if not more.

Not to mention there is nothing wrong with the Slipspace engine from what we have seen. The gameplay demo that we saw needed polish for sure, but that's not the engine's fault.
I know. I just wonder if we might already be playing Halo Infinite if they had used an existing engine, I used Unreal as that was the first I thought of. Not saying it will be better or worse than Slipspace, just thinking time wasted, or possibly wasted. Looking forward, I think it would be great to see Halo on Unreal, even an experimental demo.
I don't doubt that if they used a different engine we would already be playing Halo Infinite, I'd bet my bottom dollar on the fact that a large chunk of the 5 year development was dedicated to creating Slipspace.

That said, I much prefer Halo (and the future of Halo) being built on its own engine. That gives the developers so much more flexibility in what they can do in game since they can manipulate the engine in ways that you can't if it is a 3rd party engine.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
You do realize how monumental that task would be? We're talking around two years of development if not more.

Not to mention there is nothing wrong with the Slipspace engine from what we have seen. The gameplay demo that we saw needed polish for sure, but that's not the engine's fault.
I know. I just wonder if we might already be playing Halo Infinite if they had used an existing engine, I used Unreal as that was the first I thought of. Not saying it will be better or worse than Slipspace, just thinking time wasted, or possibly wasted. Looking forward, I think it would be great to see Halo on Unreal, even an experimental demo.
I don't doubt that if they used a different engine we would already be playing Halo Infinite, I'd bet my bottom dollar on the fact that a large chunk of the 5 year development was dedicated to creating Slipspace.

That said, I much prefer Halo (and the future of Halo) being built on its own engine. That gives the developers so much more flexibility in what they can do in game since they can manipulate the engine in ways that you can't if it is a 3rd party engine.
First part, I agree. I'm not a betting man but I would also wager that there was a large amount of time dedicated to Slipspace.

I think there are advantages to using your own engine, but I just look at the recent Unreal demo and think what if. It really was impressive. As always, time will tell if the choices were correct.
eviltedi wrote:

I am no expert about game engines, but I don't think you realize how game engines work either. As far as I understand it, all that VFX and sprites pop-in, the VFX pop-out, the loading textures, the mishandling of LOD, loading AO, the low res shadow, and the bad lighting are a product of an awfully designed graphic pipeline in the game engine. The Slip-Space engine being the most advanced game engine in the world is nothing but one of the many lies 343 tells us.
Enrico 117 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

I am no expert about game engines, but I don't think you realize how game engines work either. As far as I understand it, all that VFX and sprites pop-in, the VFX pop-out, the loading textures, the mishandling of LOD, loading AO, the low res shadow, and the bad lighting are a product of an awfully designed graphic pipeline in the game engine. The Slip-Space engine being the most advanced game engine in the world is nothing but one of the many lies 343 tells us.
I never said that Slipspace was the most advanced engine, simply that switching engines this late in development would be a monumental task and not worth the effort.

Better to polish up the engine you created for the future of Halo than to switch it and release a game significantly later than anticipated.
Enrico 117 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

I am no expert on car engines, but I like to tell people their car has an awfully designed engine anyway. I don't really understand it, but surely with enough jargon I must be right?
tsassi wrote:
Enrico 117 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

I am no expert on car engines, but I like to tell people their car has an awfully designed engine anyway. I don't really understand it, but surely with enough jargon I must be right?
It doesn't take an expert to see a burned spark plug, or an unplugged collector, or smoke coming out of an engine. Understanding stuff and being an expert are two different things. But I guess there's no difference for clueless people 😉.
The engine has this weird affect where the game looks kind of alright in very bright areas and very dull in areas of shadow. The one thing I can give the engine correct for its smooth gunplay at 4k, especially in an open world. But that was certainly one of the strangest exhibitions of a game engine I have ever seen. I disagree with many people that the graphics looked outright terrible but it was certainly a mix bag. Personally I would like to see multiplayer, some new environments in future trailers, raytracing and different brute designs and I would be satisfied pretty much.
Make it to were I dont ever have to hear that guy who was in the demos voice
eviltedi wrote:
That would delay the game another 3 years
Honestly I want 343 to actually make good spawns, H2, 4 and 5 all have the issue of enemies spawning right next or right in front of you which completely just breaks any sense of skill as getting spawnkilled 4 times in a row in team snipers thanks to outrageous spawning is getting old.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
My opinion:
  • Blood on floor and make sure it doesn't disseaper.
  • Better graphics but halo wasn't a graphical game unlike gears so I don't expect much improvement.
  • Sound of weapons need to sound more realistic.
  • Some classic weapons, hopefully they don't get replaced.
  • Phantom since I don't like this one.
  • Make sure side quests don't feel a fillers that are pointless.
  • Make some levels linear, not always open.
  • I'd like brute armors to look dirty, design is prefect but add some dirt in it.
  • Make sure brutes have some hair.
HOW 343 CAN IMPROVE INFINITE? By giving the IP to a better studio? Kidding, kidding. Seriously now:

I've been to different boards/websites, asking Halo fans what are the issues with Halo infinite after seeing the gameplay reveal and what are the solutions to these issues.
This pretty much what they said:

• Polished Next gen Graphics.
  • Improve skybox. Have skybox look stunning like every other Halo game and not look like it was made in Microsoft Paint (which is not even an exaggeration). That would go a long way to improving graphics
  • Add more grit. Halo 3 has “stylised realism” according to Bungie so if they’re targeting classic art style they need to go for that. Scratches, dirt on guns etc. People liked the monster skins 343 showed because it seems to go in this direction more than the gun decals in the demo.
  • Brutes need to look intimidating and not something you want to hug. Make brutes look angry and intimidating like in Halo 3
  • Improve textures and lighting so it looks more like next gen (I think H2A cutscenes are peak Halo and they
  • should strive towards making those cutscene graphics actual gameplay in subsequent titles)
  • Improve audio for guns, grenades etc. - guns sound “squeaky” and samey atm. Halo 3 plasma grenade sound is best imo.
  • Actually have the content at launch that most people expect from a Halo game
  • Reassure fans about Infinite’s story
  • Avoid T rating. T rated flood would be absolute cringe. Blood splatter, grit (previously mentioned) is a part of this. People want to feel like a badass - that is part of Halo’s appeal.
  • Improve Phantom design
  • Add real Skyboxes and get rid of the 3D clouds.
  • Remove the hexagons, make real forests and mountains like the E3 2018 trailer instead of this brown stuff.
  • Add actual giant forerunner structures everywhere and not copypasted boring towers
  • Make the AA guns actual dynamic enemies which can attack you and can be destroyed completely.
  • more impactful Openworld mechanics. Wandering scarabs etc.
  • Make the banished look good, not like they're ripped straight outta halo wars 2's cartoon graphics.
I kinda agree with most points here, especially the part about sky-boxes, but you forgot one of the most important points: AI.

A good Halo campaign needs to have interesting enemies to fight against and one of the most important factors to achieve this is a set of complex and interactive AI routines! Since 343i took over this aspect got lost in translation imho. Heck, it's an issue in general in modern FPS games, even Destiny is lacklustre in this aspect because I quote "AI doesn't sell anymore", but it is one of the aspects that keeps your player-base around in single player and PvE
- Halo Legends about Infinite by Ufotable.
- Varied music: Rock as in Halo 2, Jazz as in Halo 3: ODST.
- Battle Royale
- Some amazing videos like "Remember Reach" , "We are ODST" and Halo Wars 2 E3 Trailer.
IMO, Remove sprint, add back thrust, keep grapple hook for SP only. Those things right there imo make the gameplay perfect. In terms of enemies, banish are cool but bring the flood back if possible. Also return firefight in a classic way. Oh and warzone was kinda cool bring that back. Last thing maybe a battle Royale as ODSTs later after launch? Idk seems cool tho.
Particle effects that blend well with the rest of the artstyle.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/29568daf8cd14083bd1b70a810bf3581/topics/particle-effects-that-conflict-with-the-artstyle/d15fc531-f4fa-4678-a0f1-c4de3c11d4c0/posts?page=1
I call the bluff and say those are just the thing OP didn't like, he didn't actually write down what people in the various forums complain about. I think a lot of people would agree with those points, I agree with most of them too, but it's despicable to portray your opinion as if it's the whole Halo community's opinion, or even a part of it. No one has the right to speak for someone else (unless it's his/her tutor), and even those who claim to be classic fans shouldn't speak for the rest of the classic fans using the majestatic plural.

So every body talks for himself/herself.
AMA4N wrote:
My opinion:
  • Blood on floor and make sure it doesn't disseaper.
  • Better graphics but halo wasn't a graphical game unlike gears so I don't expect much improvement.
  • Sound of weapons need to sound more realistic.
  • Some classic weapons, hopefully they don't get replaced.
  • Phantom since I don't like this one.
  • Make sure side quests don't feel a fillers that are pointless.
  • Make some levels linear, not always open.
  • I'd like brute armors to look dirty, design is prefect but add some dirt in it.
  • Make sure brutes have some hair.
Like Halo 2 Brutes?
Gore and realistic effects would significantly make the game better.
imo I want to see all the blood, viscera, heads exploding, and carnage to accurately portray war and how it would look in the Halo universe, Which brings me to why they cant just make it an M rating we all know that it woukd still sell just as muchbif not more duebto the explicit content and the T rating is just censoring the game and limitimg the devs on making the game better.
I agree with pretty much all of this. What's with the "real sky boxes and no 3D clouds" thing though. What exactly does that mean?
From what I interpreted was better looking skyboxes like the ones we saw in the trailer opposed to the demo. H2a, h4,h5 had some pretty good skyboxes I just think they could do alittle better, I believe others woild agree.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3