Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] How did Master Chief get his old armor style back?

OP RuthlesGreek

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Crash landed on a once occupied Halo ring and he damaged his armor in the process. During his exploration, he found some armor in an old storage bin at one of the abandoned UNSC sites.
A spare, outdated spartan outfit laying around? Sounds 343 enough to me.
DC 409871 wrote:
I think we've already been briefed on a possible rationale for Chief being in what appears to be classic MJOLNIR MK.VI. Take a look at the description for MK.V (Delta) in Halo 5:

Quote:
The Mark V Delta helmets are sourced from a cache of SPARTAN-II materials uncovered at the Seongnam Special Warfare Center and are compatible on the GEN2 platform. A few are even etched with the hand-carved ID number of Spartans long-since marked MIA.
Assuming Cortana still holds sizable control of the galaxy, that's going to prevent UNSC forces-in-exile from securing new equipment, so they'd be liable to scavenge what they could. Ideally, I'd like to see Chief in the MK.VI he's worn in H4/H5 and then swap out that armor for something procured from an abandoned base or what have you.
I like this. More specifically the idea that now the UNSC is essentially stripped of their best tech and forced into the underdog position again like the original Halo games.
Im thinking Chief will stumble upon the spirt of fire at some point in the campaign and he switches his armor out with a classic design and configuration of red teams, due too his visor being broke and Maybe his components were fried with the emp's cortana set loose. Remember the spirt of fire was lost with all hands so maybe this explains the marines we saw in the infinite trailer! And the classic weapons returning! Infinite is set on a new halo ring and remember anders is stuck on a ring at the end of halo wars 2! I belive that ring is set in infinites campaign. And their were chief is at.
HaXoR73 wrote:
Something tells me that somewhere down the road, his current GEN2 armor could've been too costly to maintain (as ridiculous as that sounds) so he'd had to throw on an older Mark VI set to remain in the fight. Seems a bit strange going from his unique Mark VI GEN2 to a classic one, though...
Could be the case, also could be his body rejecting the gen 2 as he was in the gen 1 for so long. Gen 1 also giving more protection. I’m sure it will have modifications to it though
I personally really like the new armor, best looking armor in the history of the franchise and yet......we could never actually attain it in mp. This to me it very disappointing. Also cant beleive they are going back the old version, im glad they making the under suit all black again but they really didnt have to readopt the old mark 6 armor to do that. It would be really nice if they would at least allow to use the halo 5 mc armor as a mp armor in infinite. Biggest hope is that most of the armor in infite actually looks cool and makes me want to wear it. Halo 5 armors were mostly trash, maybe 20 percent of all armor and helmets even looked decent and thats being generous.
It’s Gen 3
The chief wakes up from cryosleep after the events of Halo 3, confused and perplexed. Cortana and UNSC staff are around him. They found us chief!! She says, but no time to rest, I'll explain on the way.... But, then she notices the chief lookes dazed and somethings not right.... Are you ok? She asks... he briefly explains what happen (the events of Halo 4 and 5) Cortana says wow, that's some dream Chief but none of that ever happen, I would never go against you. The chief is relieved and comes to the realization that it was all just a dream. Cortana says "come on let's go... there are some people here that want to see you (Blue Team walks in and they exchanged pleasantries with the chief) It's good to see you all he says. Likewise Fred says. Are you good to go? Because we could really use you right now Chief He asks... The Chief turns to Cortana (camera zooms in on him) and he says "Now, what do we have to do... (Que music)

Hey, you never know ;) lol
Alternate theory: the ‘nanobots’ Cortana used to modify Chief’s suit decided to join the Created, and when they left his armor it reverted back to to the original design.
Honestly, I dont feel as though a in universe explanation for the change in art style, and by extension, chief's new armor is really neccessary. It's a new, more classic art style, simple as that.
I believe its not different armor, it was always the same armor (until Generation 2,) and it just looks different depending on art style at the time.
HaXoR73 wrote:
Something tells me that somewhere down the road, his current GEN2 armor could've been too costly to maintain (as ridiculous as that sounds) so he'd had to throw on an older Mark VI set to remain in the fight. Seems a bit strange going from his unique Mark VI GEN2 to a classic one, though...
Could be the case, also could be his body rejecting the gen 2 as he was in the gen 1 for so long. Gen 1 also giving more protection. I’m sure it will have modifications to it though
Please don't necropost, thanks!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3