Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

How do devs plan to combat hackers in the new Halo

OP GAABBE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not promote cheating or griefing.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Wouldn’t console bans work then? Banning consoles would make it pretty expensive for people who keep cheating to constantly have to buy new consoles
Of course it would. But cheating is primarily rampant on PC not console as its 1000x easier to isolate cheating on a console. not to mention console online costs money to participate in so getting an account / console / ip ban is devastating for console players. On pc is much much easier to circumvent bans which is why I said in my previous post I will most likely disable crossplay at the console level unless 343 has robust anti cheat, a very good reporting system and more. Its not worth having an extra few 10,000 players to deal with cheaters.

Ive seen tons of streamers get cheated in cod warzone and fortnite and I dont even play / watch those games thats how bad it is on pc f2p shooters lol.
Wouldn’t console bans work then? Banning consoles would make it pretty expensive for people who keep cheating to constantly have to buy new consoles
Of course it would. But cheating is primarily rampant on PC not console as its 1000x easier to isolate cheating on a console. not to mention console online costs money to participate in so getting an account / console / ip ban is devastating for console players. On pc is much much easier to circumvent bans which is why I said in my previous post I will most likely disable crossplay at the console level unless 343 has robust anti cheat, a very good reporting system and more. Its not worth having an extra few 10,000 players to deal with cheaters.

Ive seen tons of streamers get cheated in cod warzone and fortnite and I dont even play / watch those games thats how bad it is on pc f2p shooters lol.
Has anyone heard anything about disabling cross play? Because if that happens I will most certainly be activating that function to reduce my chances of seeing cheaters in halo which I play a lot of

Has anyone heard anything about disabling cross play? Because if that happens I will most certainly be activating that function to reduce my chances of seeing cheaters in halo which I play a lot of
^ This would be ideal

Yes at the ACCOUNT LEVEL on your xbox you can disable the function that allows games you play to match you with people on other platforms. So even if 343 takes forever to get input based matchmaking / platform based filters into infinite for whatever reason you can always just modify your xbox acount via the privacy settings to ensure you only play with xbox players. Thats definitely what i'm doing day one if 343 doesnt have very robust anti cheat AND good in game report tools lol.

Quote:

^ This would be ideal
Not allowing Crossplay is all you have to do.
but then if I buy the game on PC, I cannot play with a friend on xbox, which was what I was hoping to do when Infinite comes out
Doesn’t mcc on pc have anti cheat software embedded in the game? Pretty sure infinite will as well
Easy anti cheat only goes so far, you can buy hacks on the web and have an aimbot on PC that’s completely undetectable. Smart hackers will be cautious with them and it would be impossible to tell the difference between a skilled player vs cheater.
Then Fortnite hackers that arent banned are really smart, because for what i´ve seen in videos EAC bans them almost inmediately mid-match. We havent seen the software work completely in MCC because, well, there arent the most common cheaters like aimbotters, wall hackers, general modders, etc in the game as it isnt that mainstream (compared to COD MW, which of course is way more popular than MCC, and has WAAAAAAAYYY more hackers).
Hopefully Xbox players will be allowed to opt out of crossplay.
If Crossplay is enabled at default with no way to take it off then I’m not sure about Infinite......
Hopefully Xbox players will be allowed to opt out of crossplay.
I hope we can too. I'm more concerned they'll limit it. For example, you can disable cross play in CoD Modern Warfare for TDM etc. However, you cannot play Warzone or Ground War with it disabled and it's sometimes a nightmare with cheats and exploiters. I have no reason to believe 343i will do the same with Halo Infinite's multiplayer, but it is a concern that they might.
GAABBE wrote:
Because if it's anything like MCC I won't bother picking it up. I saw the trailer, got really hyped, then opened MCC. There is no report function, there is no block function to hope not to get matched with the hacker in the future. There's nothing to combat cheating AT ALL in MCC and it's sad to see. I was really excited for Halo to make a comeback but it seems to just fall flat.
The report button in MCC is coming soon and the game is protected by easy anti cheat. I played hundreds of games since launch on pc and never saw a hacker. With f2p multiplayer of Infinite the situation is different but I think 343 isn't Infinity Ward and there will be easyAC too.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2