Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

How do you feel about halo Infinite after ask 343?

OP Unleashed2121

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Irr7793 wrote:
I hate all these excuses people (and 343 themselves) are making in defense of this game. "They need to make sure the game is good before they add elites/dual wielding." Didn't bungie do all of these things successfully while also implementing new mechanics? And before anyone mentions anything about that being bungie and not 343, 343 did it themselves in halo 2 anniversary on the halo 4 engine so I don't want to hear -Yoink- about it not being possible. Btw, who the -Yoink- asked them to make a big open world game with weapon customization/upgrades? Nobody, thats who. The problem nowadays is that they're able to get away with this stuff because the only fanbase left is pro-343 everything.

Of course the game hasn't come out yet so its not exactly fair to judge it based off of what we've seen but think about what has been described thus far: They took away splitscreen, elites, dual wield, firefight, etc and what have they added in return? Customizable weapons, weapon classes, an open world with a map, and a whole bunch of other garbage that doesn't belong in halo.

343 is either too afraid, doesn't know how, or doesn't believe in the ability of a halo succeeding with older mechanics. It's likely a combination of all of the above and so I am skeptical that this game will be anything more than destiny with a halo skin over it.
Just going back to the game mechanics of the past likely would cause another large part of the halo playerbase to quit again. The community is completely divided on that to the point there is no way to even make the majority of players happy. I for one would be done with Halo if the movement mechanics went back to how they were in Halo 3 and that was the first Halo I played and I know I am not alone in that regard. If I get on Halo 3 I am bored after about 15 seconds.
This is a fair point. But I would say it's a risk worth taking. There are those fans (mostly now 343 fans as many bungie fans are long gone) that will buy the game because either #1 They love halo or #2 they only know 343 halo, and in some cases both. But the truth is, it's likely no matter what they chose people would still buy it, the only problem is gaining new players and for that they have to implement all these modern day shooter mechanics and make it look cartoony and rate it Teen and so on. If you don't like Halo 3 you should try halo 2 anniversary. It's got the classic trilogy feel with modernized graphics and gameplay. Although I prefer Halo 3, i will gladly take a style of game like this from 343 and im sure many would too
Darwi wrote:
I hate all these excuses people (and 343 themselves) are making in defense of this game. "They need to make sure the game is good before they add elites/dual wielding." Didn't bungie do all of these things successfully while also implementing new mechanics?
Just gonna stop you right there. Because Bungie didn't do these things successfully.

Dual wielding, as a game mechanic, slurped big time. It was bad. Ruining a large portion of the weapon sandbox. Nobody can look me in the eye and say it didn't.

And did they ever get the balance between Elites and Spartans right? It was a long time ago... and I remember it being a bit sucky. And a lot of people just quitting.

Don't get me wrong. Both things would be cool if they could be done right. But the good old days were anything but.
They most certainly did. What exactly was wrong with dual wielding again in halo 3? Also, bungie wasn't the only one to do it right either, 343 pulled it off excellently in halo 2 anniversary multiplayer. Even better than bungie ever did. They did the elites right too! Then again, they could always do elites differently like in reach but I would rather them to try to tweak them into the game for anything but competitive. The great thing about adding them in back in the day was that they could be turned off. I don't really see how this could be more of an issue now than it was then, especially given how much less bungie had to work with back then.
I was pretty excited until I learned that Elites wouldn't be playable. That was a massive blow for me and it killed a lot of my excitement for the game. I'll be so disappointed every time I think "this could have been the game that finally brought back playable Elites".
I'll most likely still get the game, but it is not going to be the same now. I know I'm definitely no longer in a hurry for the game to release. Heh. At least there is that silver lining.
They need to show in-game footage e.g. moving around and demonstrating that day/night cycle (if it even is a fully modelled cycle and not some cheap trigger-based solution) etc. Enough with the pictures and walls of useless text; the game is supposed to be out later this year...
If they haven't brought back playable Elites and/or dual wielding up until this point, let's be realistic. They most likely aren't going to add it in the future. And if even if they did, this is again a situation of a game that will be incomplete at launch. Also, one biome for the entire campaign, which means they will only shell out other biomes/environments through paid DLC down the road. The default campaign may not even have a proper ending. At this point, I feel like Infinite is going to release at 40% capacity. And it will still be a $60 purchase. I may wait a few months or a year to purchase it and just try the free-to-play multiplayer until then.
So far I am getting a lot of Destiny 1 vibes
And, that's enough to make me consider not even touching the game. If I wanted to play Destiny, I would uh, be playing Destiny. Right down to the lack of meaningful content, and half-baked additions that should have been part of the game at launch.
They need to show in-game footage e.g. moving around and demonstrating that day/night cycle (if it even is a fully modelled cycle and not some cheap trigger-based solution) etc. Enough with the pictures and walls of useless text; the game is supposed to be out later this year...
Exactly, these Inside Infinite updates just seem monotonous now and not even that revealing. Remember how awesome and actually illustrative those ViDocs from the Bungie era were? With Inside Infinite, we get these long essays with the same boring format each time that still leave people with what seem like more questions than answers lol. I understand that with the pandemic, it's impossible to show footage from inside the actual studio since everyone at 343 is working from home now. But the lack of any gameplay footage since last e3 seems a bit concerning to me as well.
I'm pretty satisfied with the info they released. Dual-wielding was honestly never my thing since it limits your ability to use melee and granades while making sure that the dual-wieldable weapon in question is nigh useless if you use only one of them. Playble Elites were only ever going to be interesting to me if they were part of some type of Invasion 2.0 game mode.

My only point of concern is the possible lack of environmental variety, but we can't make any real conclussions on that until Infinite comes out.
Darwi wrote:
-snip-
And did they ever get the balance between Elites and Spartans right? It was a long time ago... and I remember it being a bit sucky. And a lot of people just quitting.
Outside of Reach (and to a degree, 2) there was never an imbalance between Elite players and Spartan players. In Halo 3, their hitboxes were identical. Back in 2007 times, misinformation spread like wildfire across the internet and no one really had the ability to correct it. The whole "Elites are harder to hit in the head" is a complete myth because the hitbox model is the exact same.

There is one video that provides a little insight into it.

If 343 actually cared to make it functional, which they don't, whatever problems existed in classic Halo would presumably not exist in modern Halo, especially not with 343 having a much longer development cycle than Bungie did.
If they not have gameplay by June I am going to be really worried about this game. I feel like it is never a good sign if they are taking this long to show it. That this game will either get delayed until 2022.
Let's be honest, the most disappointing part of no elites in Infinite is no Invasion.
  • No dual Wielding
  • No playable elites
  • Audi Logs Return
  • load out return
  • You can fall off the ring
  • Different weapon variants
  • wild life aren't hostile
  • Day and night cycle in cutscenes
  • No dual Wielding
  • No playable elites
Dropped when can
  • No 343
Be a thing then maybe ill try it it just goes to show 343 hates Halo and you like always when I get banned for this I want it to be known
I just want to see more in-game footage.
stckrboy wrote:
  • load out return
I don't think this means load outs similar to what Reach and Halo 4 had, I believe the terms was being used to describe the current weapons you have / spawn with / can swap out. You always have a starting loadout at the beginning of a mission.

Excited for some of the other aspects though - falling / pushing things off the ring, the day/night experiences and phantoms with searchlights, the eclipse. Campaign is sounding really strong
Oh ok I was wonderin bout this...
I'm glad they were being honest.

No playable Elites or Dual Wielding is less about how many people were using it. Because, let's be honest barely anyone was. But - more about the choice to use it.

The most negative effect I can imagine it having is on Machinima. Unfortunately, its not THAT big of a deal.

As long as the game is good, I'm not sure these things will be that much of an issue. The rest of this ask343 and the last one were both great. Don't be so negative guys.
If they not have gameplay by June I am going to be really worried about this game. I feel like it is never a good sign if they are taking this long to show it. That this game will either get delayed until 2022.
Assuming Xbox does some kind of E3 showcase like last year, they will definitely have something to show.
As for if we will get any gameplay between now and then, debatable.
I didn’t expect everything else, but I did expect the most expected thing, and that’s different terrain... it’s been in every Halo Game. They just turned the ring into one little world of trees and mountains, big miss on something so simple. No Dynamic weather, fine, but at least give us different set regions lol
I didn’t expect everything else, but I did expect the most expected thing, and that’s different terrain... it’s been in every Halo Game. They just turned the ring into one little world of trees and mountains, big miss on something so simple. No Dynamic weather, fine, but at least give us different set regions lol
It is disappointing, but the PNW is also very diverse in real life. Also, we could be visiting areas besides just the ring. At least I hope we will be.
So disappointing. Every screenshot has been the exact same terrain and it looks like this will be the case for the entire campaign. And to people saying that the Pacific Northwest is huge and extremely diverse in terrain, I understand that but why wouldn't 343 show off a couple screenshots then of like... any environment that looks different from what we've seen so far in every single screenshot?
So disappointing. Every screenshot has been the exact same terrain and it looks like this will be the case for the entire campaign. And to people saying that the Pacific Northwest is huge and extremely diverse in terrain, I understand that but why wouldn't 343 show off a couple screenshots then of like... any environment that looks different from what we've seen so far in every single screenshot?
For the same reason why they only showed us only 1 multiplayer map.

You don't show all environments yet many months before release. Better reveal them gradually over time and also keep others unspoiled so people can discover them themselves.

At the very least the E3 2018 was representative of the pacific northwest region.
So hopefully it will remain that way for the final game.
Some cool things. But alot of the things said what made me feel like it was just damage control. (Ie playing as elites).

So I'm not getting the new Xbox for it and I'm not getting it day one. If I miss out on Halo for 10 years whatever I'll have MCC
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5