Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] How do you feel about the armor change?

OP Sketchy Pnut

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Imo the what looks like a old school armor maybe what 343 is going for.. Maybe there turning the page and getting back to the roots of Halo and the clip of Master Chief is just to give an idea of whats to come! But theres know doubt we need to see more.. Regardless Chief is coming to take names and kick some -Yoink- and be put back on the throne where he belongs and it looks like hes doing it old school.. Right on time and in fashion! ;-)
I'm thoroughly looking forward to seeing the full suit. From the tease alone, I'm utterly thrilled to see the "classic" suit aesthetic making a comeback and I hope that its an indicator of everything thats in store for us.
Love it.
I might get a lot of hate for this but I believe that the master chief might die in Halo 6 why? Because in one of the Halo 5 trailers they pronounce Master Chief is dead in the year 2560 but Halo 5 took place in the year 2558 one year later Halo Wars 2 took place in the year 2559 so judging from that, Halo 6 should take place in the year 2560 and that is when they said the master chief was pronounced dead.</p>
Feeling good about it. I prefer the slicker, smoother designs in halo
Unless there’s an explanation for it in game, I think it’s sloppy at this point. Pick an armor style and stick with it.
I love that they made this change, I love the classic look.
I love how the Halo 4 & 5 armor looked, it started to go in the direction of evolution and leaving past armor for past in game movements and mechanics like the halo 1,2 & 3. In the new Infinite trailer showing an older art style armor really just leaves you like, why... It takes some of the badass that the armor gives and even kinda tells us that doesn't even have the propulsion system of the Halo 4 & 5 gave us, why go back to the same?
It's actually not his H2/3 armour but I love it. Favourite iteration so far.
I love how the Halo 4 & 5 armor looked, it started to go in the direction of evolution and leaving past armor for past in game movements and mechanics like the halo 1,2 & 3. In the new Infinite trailer showing an older art style armor really just leaves you like, why... It takes some of the badass that the armor gives and even kinda tells us that doesn't even have the propulsion system of the Halo 4 & 5 gave us, why go back to the same?
On an aesthetical level those "propulsion systems" have always been there though. Remember those boxes on the back of Chief's shoulders in H2 and 3? This is what you're referring to basically and aren't exclusive to H5 at all. quite the opposite. They have been there since HCE in fact, even though they used to be build in like a back-pack. Since H2 those are actual separate elements on the back and all Mjolnir Assault Armors in all Halo titles have ventilation holes on the exact same spot as well. Including Hi, just look at his back!

Therefore no, the art design doesn't tell us anything about movement mechanics, because you could apply the exact same animation and effects on the the new armor too, as well as older Halo games prior to H5. Those are just different interpretations of the exact same in lore systems, even placed in the same position. It just happens that H5 actually used them in gameplay and not just for cut-scenes! :P
Please don't revive old topics thanks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2