Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

How does the redshift coating work?

OP ApexX5300

I recently went around my GameStop’s and was hunting down the redshift coating, but none of my GameStops had any clue what I was talking about. so I ordered one of those funko pops online and checked my receipt, (the code for the redshift coating should have been in the receipt) there was not a trace of anything related to the redshift coating. Anybody has information regarding this? Can I even get the code by purchasing online?
ApexX5300 wrote:
I recently went around my GameStop’s and was hunting down the redshift coating, but none of my GameStops had any clue what I was talking about. so I ordered one of those funko pops online and checked my receipt, (the code for the redshift coating should have been in the receipt) there was not a trace of anything related to the redshift coating. Anybody has information regarding this? Can I even get the code by purchasing online?
No one has really gotten any answers from 343i or GameStop. I checked a total of 6 local GameStop’s and only 1 was participating in the event by tying it to preordering the game (not by purchasing any Xbox/halo merch). 1 other was not participating and the other 4 had no idea what I was talking about. This particular marketing sucks big time.
I went to two different Gamestops and they had no idea what I was talking about, I read online that someone ordered Halo merch at Gamestop online and didn't receive any codes.
Bought my Xbox Series X at gamestop; no code. You'd think that when the promotion says ***any*** xbox or halo merchandise, a literal xbox would fall under that.
dicemaze wrote:
Bought my Xbox Series X at gamestop; no code. You'd think that when the promotion says ***any*** xbox or halo merchandise, a literal xbox would fall under that.
You would definitely think that... Some other folks are trying to get a hold of Unysheck on twitter to try and learn more, asking if the promo is still going on... To which he simply replied, that it is in fact going on, and to double check with the store...
I have a terrible feeling that the "save your receipts" bit in the 343 community post may have been indicating that the vehicle by which the codes were sent was not yet working.
I have a terrible feeling that the "save your receipts" bit in the 343 community post may have been indicating that the vehicle by which the codes were sent was not yet working.
Unfortunately a kind fellow who works/worked at gamestop, in a FB group dedicated to Halo infinite, has clarified that that is not how that works in almost all brand deals. They generate codes onto the receipts of purchases and then relay the code that was printed on a confirmed purchase to the base company allowing said code to be activated. It should either apply universally, or not at all, since all stores are supposed to be tied to the main corporate which handles this, or at least that is how the system has worked in this employee's experience for every other brand deal like this in the past.
Unfortunately a kind fellow who works/worked at gamestop, in a FB group dedicated to Halo infinite, has clarified that that is not how that works in almost all brand deals. They generate codes onto the receipts of purchases and then relay the code that was printed on a confirmed purchase to the base company allowing said code to be activated. It should either apply universally, or not at all, since all stores are supposed to be tied to the main corporate which handles this, or at least that is how the system has worked in this employee's experience for every other brand deal like this in the past.
I think the whole coating system is stupid. 343 are out of their minds
Made my order for one online, as soon as it shipped the code didn't appear in my order information and receipt nor in the product at all.

This is a really shady promotion since I've basically been robbed.
Made my order for one online, as soon as it shipped the code didn't appear in my order information and receipt nor in the product at all.

This is a really shady promotion since I've basically been robbed.
They really should’ve gone into more detail about the rules for this promotion. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone who’s ordered online get a code on their receipt, which is unfortunate.
Aand, copy paste.

I did a lot of research for this one.
The actual state of this promotion is as follows:The purchase must be done at a retail location. Online orders do not work.These are the only qualifying purchases. Technically, the Wicked Cool Toys figures are also valid, but I've only ever seen one person find one available at a retail store.
* https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectibles/funko/pop/products/pop-games-halo-infinite-spartan-mark-vii-with-shock-rifle-only-at-gamestop/11102476.html?condition=New
* https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectibles/toys/nerf/products/nerf-halo-ma40-motorized-dart-blaster/11103406.html?condition=New
Most of the Funko Pops got scalped from the retail stores on arrival, but there are still some scattered around. Most stores never carried the Nerf gun in the first place, but the places that do carry it seem to still have them. This is also an extremely limited list of qualifying items compared to what 343 said was good for it.GameStop has not informed their retail workers of the promoton. Period. They merely pushed a silent patch to the cash register so the code prints on the bottom of the receipt when either of these items are purchased. The only retail workers that know about the promotion are the few who noticed the code on the receipt or actually follow Halo news themselves (most seem to not follow Halo news).I strongly advise calling ahead to any GameStops within a distance you're comfortable driving to ask about "Halo Funko pops, Nerf guns, or Wicked Cool Toys figures" they might have. I can save you the time and tell you that there are ZERO qualifying items left in any of the stores in Utah, cause I bought the last 2 in Utah.
Then that means I'm pretty SOL and my only risky choice is to try and snag the blaster from one of my local stores then, and HOPE that a code is printed on the receipt, I'm not a fan of flywheel blasters either but seeing as the other gamestop stores at my local mall also keep running out of the Halo Infinite Funko pop figures, especially the gamestop version due to them suddenly being pre-ordered online.
I have to be losing my mind if I'm really going to shell $60 just to get the redshift skin, even though I'm also getting the AR skin since Monster hasn't mentioned anything for the US yet regarding the AR, it already sucks the one for the handgun and the blue warthog is exclusive to a specific region of the US and not nationwide.
My fellow gamers.
Today (yesterday actually) I've taken upon a task like no other that has resulted in my public reputation being faded in the process.
Today was the day I went to my local GameStop (again) only this time despite the employees already knowing who I am coming back and forth in the first place about the confusing promotion, I have brought the Funko pop I ordered online from GameStop's own website along with the packaging slip.
To my fortunate benefit the cashier was able to proceed with the "immediate return and buy-back" process as we implied a situation that I was purchasing the scarce specific funko pop from their own store.

Lo and behold, the code was printed as he mentioned something different about the receipt, which only confirms that this was indeed a weird "silent patch" placed onto GameStop's systems whereas the employees were told nothing about besides taking note about how some specific products were being sought after such as myself.
To this day I have finally achieved salvation in now owning 2 multiplayer skins for Halo Infinite the moment the game, or the multiplayer feature becomes playable to the public.

Besides that and all I do feel it to be fair to at least extend the promotion a little longer for those who have had trouble with this process, as what I had to do since trying to buy one locally always had them out of stock, so I improvised by making an online order and taking it to my local store (to which I called beforehand if they are able to do the return and buy-back process).

Only a few days remain until the last, to those still racing after a copy for their own skin, I do wish you the best of luck and make sure you have enough gas money lol.
My fellow gamers.
Today (yesterday actually) I've taken upon a task like no other that has resulted in my public reputation being faded in the process.
Today was the day I went to my local GameStop (again) only this time despite the employees already knowing who I am coming back and forth in the first place about the confusing promotion, I have brought the Funko pop I ordered online from GameStop's own website along with the packaging slip.
To my fortunate benefit the cashier was able to proceed with the "immediate return and buy-back" process as we implied a situation that I was purchasing the scarce specific funko pop from their own store.

Lo and behold, the code was printed as he mentioned something different about the receipt, which only confirms that this was indeed a weird "silent patch" placed onto GameStop's systems whereas the employees were told nothing about besides taking note about how some specific products were being sought after such as myself.
To this day I have finally achieved salvation in now owning 2 multiplayer skins for Halo Infinite the moment the game, or the multiplayer feature becomes playable to the public.

Besides that and all I do feel it to be fair to at least extend the promotion a little longer for those who have had trouble with this process, as what I had to do since trying to buy one locally always had them out of stock, so I improvised by making an online order and taking it to my local store (to which I called beforehand if they are able to do the return and buy-back process).

Only a few days remain until the last, to those still racing after a copy for their own skin, I do wish you the best of luck and make sure you have enough gas money lol.
Little less than a week as of today, I think it ends on December 15th from what I remember. Get it goin people.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
All this for something you can effectively make in halo:reach in 2 minutes.
All this for something you can effectively make in halo:reach in 2 minutes.
Its pretty ridiculous tbh, 343 should have known better than to just throw promotion out to the public like that.
Then that means I'm pretty SOL and my only risky choice is to try and snag the blaster from one of my local stores then, and HOPE that a code is printed on the receipt, I'm not a fan of flywheel blasters either but seeing as the other gamestop stores at my local mall also keep running out of the Halo Infinite Funko pop figures, especially the gamestop version due to them suddenly being pre-ordered online.
I have to be losing my mind if I'm really going to shell $60 just to get the redshift skin, even though I'm also getting the AR skin since Monster hasn't mentioned anything for the US yet regarding the AR, it already sucks the one for the handgun and the blue warthog is exclusive to a specific region of the US and not nationwide.
Don't do that, that's not a good way to spend your money. Please trust me on that, a monetized skin is not worth that stress, or money (especially since there's a chance it won't work)
I just walked into my local gamestop, bought a funko spartan, gave the spartan away and cashed in the code that was buried in corporate jargon at the bottom of the receipt.
sniper945 wrote:
Don't do that, that's not a good way to spend your money. Please trust me on that, a monetized skin is not worth that stress, or money (especially since there's a chance it won't work)
I know it's terrible but this is a one-time skin we're talking about that's not going to be offered by any other means.
I learned this the hard way with the hidden vehicles in Motorstorm Apocalypse.