Terg500 wrote:
Halo 1: 10
Halo 2: 13
Halo 3: 9
ODST: 10
Reach: 10 (without Lone Wolf)
Halo 4: 8
Halo 5: 15

Average of all: 10,71 = 10 or 11, which would fit perfectly with the games that concentrate on a single protagonist. If they go with multiple protagonists again like Halo 2 or Halo 5 then 13-15 would be a nice number.
Thanks for calculating all of them I was pretty lazy and was hoping someone would find out.

See Halo 4 was the shortest yet it felt like a lot more "good" story (subjective opinion I know) than Halo 5, which was a jumble of Blue Team and Osiris and it didn't make any sense to me.

I guess we'll only find out, but 10 does seem to be the magic number.
Ignoring the "Is it open world" debate, I'm interested in your opinions on how many missions you guys think there will be?

They've invested a lot of time, and money into this game, and there are many different aspects to this game. However, the story needs to actually progress in this game, that's not just my opinion, but also yours and 343's. So I'm just wondering how many missions do you guys think will be in the game. Will they be more open and less linear like in Halo CE? Or do you think it'll be 9-12 missions which seems to be the standard (not including Halo 5).
Somewhere in the 10-12 range.Dont want it to feel like a drag but dont want too few levels
Halo 5 campaign length was OK (my opinion) .so 343 will definitely stay on the same path ....I guest there will 12 to 15
I believe initially, around 10-15. But that is just initially. I believe Halo infinite will have a true end game experience that is beyond just PvP. Can definitely see some deep PvE content happening in this game and can even see it getting "live-service" treatment in a lot of ways. I do not think the title "Halo Infinite" in anyway means we should expect a traditional campaign and then multiplayer packaged game.
I've always thought the number of missions to be a largely irrelevant metric. It depends on the story structure, development time, pacing, technical constraints. It's not a measure of quality.

With that said, based solely on historical data: 9–12 probably.
I 6
tsassi wrote:
I've always thought the number of missions to be a largely irrelevant metric. It depends on the story structure, development time, pacing, technical constraints. It's not a measure of quality.

With that said, based solely on historical data: 9–12 probably.
I tend to agree with you, but I would say that the number of levels is relevant in some respects. Having ten levels, for instance, generally offers ten distinct levels that focus on different settings and goals. Also, the more levels you have, the less time it takes to complete them and maintain a similar story length. So with something like 15 levels, you don't have to change up the feel of each level as you're going through them. You can jump to the next level, which would provide a simpler transition to a new tone or setting.

Idk if I'm making sense. In short, I'm just saying that less levels means each mission has to pack more into them in order to maintain a similar campaign length.
I hope it’s around Halo 2 levels or more, and please make them a big lengthy with vehicle play & more Tank missions like Halo 2+ with some good story telling & possibly some backstory as well for the Lore Guys in the community here

I really want a good replayable Campaign unlike Halo 5’s
47. Since we're spitting random numbers out without a single person from 343i confirming anything. Pointless threads.

I hope it’s around Halo 2 levels or more, and please make them a big lengthy with vehicle play & more Tank missions like Halo 2+ with some good story telling & possibly some backstory as well for the Lore Guys in the community here

Vehicle missions do nothing except slow the pace of the game. They should only be used to get from point A to point B on a map with little or no conflict in the process. Leave most of the vehicle combat for multiplayer.
I want a long story, but I don't want them to try making it longer by dragging it out. In my dreams, a metal gear length game (20 missions roughly, or just regular mission count but longer missions). Realistically it will probably be in the 10-13 range
IGX05 wrote:
47. Since we're spitting random numbers out without a single person from 343i confirming anything. Pointless threads.

Vehicle missions do nothing except slow the pace of the game. They should only be used to get from point A to point B on a map with little or no conflict in the process. Leave most of the vehicle combat for multiplayer.
While we haven't received any confirmation from 343, it's just fun to speculate. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's pointless to speculate on mission number. Maybe it's not the most important question, but it's fun nonetheless.

As for vehicles, getting the scorpion on missions like Metropolis were fun power fantasies among many other things. I don't see the point of just using a vehicle to go from point A to point B without some fun combat that makes you feel like a one-person army. To go back to Metropolis for a second, blowing away dozens of enemy ghosts, banshees, and wraiths was unbelievably fun that I can still play over and over again. I didn't see it as slowing down the game play. Just introducing a new aspect to the game play.
The success of a video game comes from its replay value.
This is evident in many categories, from diverse engaging multiplayer, to "DLC packs" and achievement hunting and many other variables.
.... That being said I would love if Halo infinite would get infinite missions..... XD
Regardless of the number of levels, generally I think 343 industries could benefit from Bungie's destiny.
The success of a video game comes from its replay value.
This is evident in many categories, from diverse engaging multiplayer, to "DLC packs" and achievement hunting and many other variables.
.... That being said I would love if Halo infinite would get infinite missions..... XD
Regardless of the number of levels, generally I think 343 industries could benefit from Bungie's destiny.
You want infinite missions, this is how you get them:
  1. Take the maps from Spartan Ops, take those, forge world from reach, some of the campaign maps, and maybe make a few more of those large canvas type maps. (A CCS Cruiser or Hayclon class would be a nice touch)
  2. Place them in forge
  3. Put in NPC spawns, interactive switches and triggers, and scripted instances (like a Phantom dropship deploying reinforcements or an airstrike).
  4. And tell the community to have fun making their own custom campaigns.
There community made custom campaign maps. You just don't get closer to infinite campaign than that.
Terg500 wrote:
Halo 1: 10
Halo 2: 13
Halo 3: 9
ODST: 10
Reach: 10 (without Lone Wolf)
Halo 4: 8
Halo 5: 15

Average of all: 10,71 = 10 or 11, which would fit perfectly with the games that concentrate on a single protagonist. If they go with multiple protagonists again like Halo 2 or Halo 5 then 13-15 would be a nice number.
Halo 5 had missions that were literally 5-10 minutes long the true amount of missions V had was closer to 6-9 real missions
30. 29 of them are walking in the woods, while the first is a cutscene.
I'm hoping they go off from what they implemented in Halo 5 personally, such as interacting and engaging with the characters and environment. Being able to talk to Halsey as Locke gave me a real Halo Legends vibe down to its core. I honestly hope they invest into the open world idea.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2