Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

How Much Hard Drive Space will Infinite Take up?

OP ThisDinosaur352

I was wondering how much hard drive space halo infinite would take up. I just hope it isn’t as much or more than hal 5 took up. (55 GB!!) I hope it’s around 30 GB.
Personally I don't care how much space it takes up. I'd happily buy a whole new SSD solely for Infinite.
Game sizes will likely not shrink simply because games get more complex with every release. Based on H5’s size, I doubt Infinite will take up anything under 75GB.
It will be big. 100GB range. Look at many of the new releases. Gears 4, red dead, they are huge.
My bet is that it will be close to 100GB at best.
Me hoping it’ll be around a 40gb game but looking at RDR2, Halo 5 & MCC it’s an unhighly outcome
Im guessing it's going be pushing 100gb, that's even if it comes out on this gen consoles. Might be a next gen release, xbox 2 will be out around same time as infinite. They might make halo infinite the release game for the new next gen xbox. Remember them engine graphics at e3? Ya good luck running that on current xbox one. If infinite comes out around same time as the next gen console, 343 and microsoft is wise enough to release it on that console
I really hope that 5 TB HD becomes super cheap to buy. Like 20 bucks. But that ain't happening for a while. Wow. So expensive.

Halo Infinite, I will delete all my games for you. I'm pretty sure it will be 100 GB at least.
Well the more room the game takes up the more content it should have, it is also a next gen game. So I wouldn't be surprised if it takes up more space than Halo 5
Hopefully the game keeps getting updated so it requires almost Infinite amount of space.
Probably around 100 unless they figured out a way to compress more efficiently or slipspace is magic. Definitely over your 30 hope.
munk07 wrote:
Hopefully the game keeps getting updated so it requires almost Infinite amount of space.
*Buh dum tss*

I see what you did there... but really it should be huge if they keep updating it. 🤷‍♂️
I really hope that 5 TB HD becomes super cheap to buy. Like 20 bucks. But that ain't happening for a while. Wow. So expensive.

Halo Infinite, I will delete all my games for you. I'm pretty sure it will be 100 GB at least.
I will too. Anything.
Maybe the same as TMCC (73gb), but belive me, it wont be light. The simple detail of having a graphic engine like Slipspace will make the game, even the campaing only, will be at last 34gb
One thing we know is that it's going to be massive. Even larger than Halo 5 Forge (Windows 10) alone is around 36 GB while the full Xbox game clocks at 99.7 GB. I remember Gears 4 clocking at about 115 or even 120 GB of storage. We can safely theorize that it's potentially LARGER than Gears 4, especially if the 500 Mil budget rumor is true.

Also 30 GB is worth an Xbox 360's storage. Games nowadays take up so much space due to the graphical detail. The better the graphics, the heavier it gets. I'm not even getting into the animations, code and scripts department. To assume that Halo Infinite will take up 30 GB of storage goes against not only the ambition but the budget, as well as hoping WAY too much in this era.