Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

How much of Halo 5 do you want in Infinite?

OP SectionUnity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Do any of you players want anything from Halo 5 to carry over to Halo Infinite? From lore, gameplay, mechanics, or content? If so why and what would you do to improve it?

Example, I like to the ability to command back but for directing friendly marines to pick up weapons/vehicles. Nothing else, I don't really want squads back or care about telling them where to go or attack. Its too complex of a mechanic to focus using in campaign. This helps with constantly trading weapons back and forth or honking warthogs all day. Just click on a marine, then a gun/vehicle and that specific marine will do it.

Anything you want carried over in Halo 5?

EDIT: Eyy i created a semi-successful thread babyy~~
It's often overlooked, but I loved the ability to swap seats in a vehicle on the press of a button. Was reminded of how much I missed that feature when I headed back to MCC.
seat switching in vehicles was a pretty useful mechanic
1. As others have mentioned, seat switching was a good move.
2.I think BReakout and other elimination game types are great as well.
3.Having customizable announcers is phenomenal, I love exuberant witness.
4.World building potential hinted at with H5 is good, but needs a way better execution and pacing.
5. Antagonist Cortana is actually brave imo, now that they have chosen it (with terrible delivery, also imo.), they sure as heck better stick with it and not flip flop again by revealing in some side dialogue on mission 2 that Cortana is totes good again.
6. A variety of unique medals.

Not much else immediately comes to mind. Halo 5 was the worst game in the series by a mile, so I am hoping they drop almost everything from it and try again to be honest. The changing of the creative team and limitations put on Microtransactions are a great start though.
H5 has some of the best emphasis in the series on balanced Arena multiplayer in the competitive playlists, and I really hope that carries through.

Also, I know they're really controversial for a lot if people, but I actually ended up really liking the power weapon timers. Instead of one team knowing the spawn timing of rocket/sniper and getting them over and over without much issue, the timers ensured there was more often the pretty big events between both teams fighting over the weapon near its spawn time.

I like that event more than just mentally logging the next spawn time and watching the clock. And that timing skill gap wasn't entirely absent because the OS and Camo didn't have timers.
- Custom Games browser
- Stances
- Forge (at launch)
- REQ weapon variants (to an extent)

To be honest, not much else. Really didn't enjoy Halo 5.
Forge but expanded, req vehicles, canvas maps Barrens, Tidal, Parralax, and the artic canvas.
25/25/50.
*halo 4/5/*halo reach/*halo infinite.
Personally, I wouldn't mind some aspects of the advanced mobility in H5 (Spartan Charge and Ground Pound namely) to be readded as one-time-use equipment in Multiplayer.
Halo 5 had a lot of good qualities that I think got overlooked due to the god awful campaign. Seat switching, the return to equal starts, and introducing weapon variants are a few of the best things off the top of my head.

I was also a fan of how H5 handled advanced mobility. The only thing I disliked was spartan charge, and I am neutral on ground pound. Overall I think it is one of the best playing games in the series. If Infinite goes back to H4/Reach gameplay, I would be extremely disappointed and probably wouldn’t play much at all
Yep. H5 multiplayer rocks - and it's a baseline to work from heading into infinite. I agree that Spartan charge needs to go. I would reign in sprint a bit (timer?) and confine thrusters to lateral movement only.

Can't wait to see how they improve Forge and expand on the scripting.

From the Campaign - I didn't like the whole squad movement stuff. It seemed clumsy.
I really want Warzone to return
Seat switching in vehicles
wasp vehicle
pheaton vehicle
same custom browser
XXGOOSE2XX wrote:
Seat switching
wasp vehicle
phantom vehicle
same custom browser
Phantom vehicle?
Plasma Caster

Unlimited sprint (but not if it messes with shield recharge timer like in 5, I’d rather have it limited then)

Switch seats
Absolutely 0.00%.

HALO INFINITE needs to forge it's own path by creating a new narrative - one that isn't bogged down by the embarrassing nonsensical, juvenile ramblings that were HALO 5's plot & characters.

Something more akin to HALO: Combat Evolved & HALO 3 would be perfect.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo 2/3 meets Halo 5. That is what I want.
1. Extra Crispy Gunplay
2. Spartan Abilities (Although I could do without Spartan Charge)
3. Seat Switching in Vehicles
4. Weapon Variants (IMO these were vastly under incorporated in MP)
5. Customs Browser
6. MP Ranking System (Bronze-Champ)
7. MP Seasons

There's probably a few more, but that's a good list for now.
JCMsergox wrote:
Personally, I wouldn't mind some aspects of the advanced mobility in H5 (Spartan Charge and Ground Pound namely) to be readded as one-time-use equipment in Multiplayer.
If they do that, they might have to buff the ability t o make it people like an actual power weapon. Kind of gives me the idea of instead of power weapon spawns, there are power abilities in arena.
Absolutely 0.00%.

HALO INFINITE needs to forge it's own path by creating a new narrative - one that isn't bogged down by the embarrassing nonsensical, juvenile ramblings that were HALO 5's plot & characters.

Something more akin to HALO: Combat Evolved & HALO 3 would be perfect.
Thats understandable and agree-able. But you wouldn't want anything from the rest of its content besides the campaign?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4