Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

How Will The Halo: Infinite Beta Work?

OP Legobrick1000

I recall a while ago, 343i confirmed that all Halo games going forward will have a beta before launch. If Halo: Infinite is a launch title for the next Xbox, I don't see that being possible, unless it were, say, a Windows 10 PC-exclusive beta. What're your thoughts on this?

EDIT: I understand now, everyone, I just didn't know Halo Infinite would still be releasing on the Xbox One, and therefore the beta will be playable as the Xbox One version.
It's also being released on Xbox One and PC so I would imagine it'd be more of an alpha test. I think the focus would be on stress testing and game mechanics to see how things run. Since Halo Infinite was announced as a launch title for Project Scarlett, I would imagine there's more stress on how to "dumb things down" so the Xbox One can handle the game. Does that make sense? Assuming Halo Infinite runs at 120 fps and has 8k graphics (specs that are possible for Project Scarlett), how would a previous generation console run such a game? There are challenges and hurtles that would need to be tackled in order to make that happen.
Hopefully 343 has one of the studios that has handled Halo stuff for them before handle the Xbox One and Pc version. That way 343 focuses on the next Xbox version. That way they can have less stress having a beta for the Xbox One and PC.

Hopefully Infinite has the same usual Halo stuff across all platforms, but the next Xbox version has extra new stuff because of all the power the next Xbox will have.

The biggest difference will definitely be graphics and load time.

On a side note there probably will be a next Xbox Y slim in 2021 =(
I'm pretty sure they have already began some private alpha testing. They mentioned doing a Halo Infinite tournament in January or February among some of the best Halo 5 players. They have confirmed that Halo Infinite is playable, and the e3 2019 trailer is apparently the opening cutscene. I would expect the open beta to drop around December or January.
Buy a selected XB1 game, get Beta Access. You know the same way they did it since Halo 3.
Buy a selected XB1 game, get Beta Access. You know the same way they did it since Halo 3.
Hey I know HOW it's going to work - I was under the impression it would not be released on Xb1, and therefore the Xb1 would be unable to run a beta.
Hey I know HOW it's going to work - I was under the impression it would not be released on Xb1, and therefore the Xb1 would be unable to run a beta.
That is a good question, with Scarlet having the same release date it does bring up some questions. Hopefully Microsoft have learned its lesson from all the BS it tried to pull with the XB1.
they mentioned doing flight testing like they did with the updates for MCC through the insider program
Infinite is coming to Xbox One, so that part is fine. What I am wondering about is when they plan to do these. Chris Lee said we will learn more in the coming months, but then says the game is going dark till E3 2020... so which is it?
Infinite is coming to Xbox One, so that part is fine. What I am wondering about is when they plan to do these. Chris Lee said we will learn more in the coming months, but then says the game is going dark till E3 2020... so which is it?
hmm that's contradicting himself there hopefully someone asks him on twitter I don't have a twitter or I would of to clear that up cause that's gonna make people confused
I'm sure they will make the beta happen on both platforms, it wouldn't really make sense otherwise as they'd just piss off one part of the playerbase. I think this time there won't be any "get the beta if you buy X game" part. It may be something like an Xbox game pass/Halo Insider exclusive though.
they said it will be an insider program like what they did with the MCC update, so we need to sign up for it whenever its availble
I think its going to be an insider, mostly going to focus on the MP matchmaking and see how it works and if modes have a lack of content.
Im predicting a campaign mission demo and see if score attacks are good
I recall a while ago, 343i confirmed that all Halo games going forward will have a beta before launch. If Halo: Infinite is a launch title for the next Xbox, I don't see that being possible, unless it were, say, a Windows 10 PC-exclusive beta. What're your thoughts on this?
Maybe 343 can prepare one app to join the beta similar to MCC Insider
Here's what I think what will probably happen:

• I'd assume the same way as the flight program for MCC. (Flight program)
  • Suspect a 'flight' program sometime around Gamescon to start people testing (Because it wouldn't make sense to delay testing till next year)
  • This would probably be numerous flight tests
  • Probably would start small so I'd say about 5-10 different tests
  • They would be limited to certain amount of people, would increase as time goes by.
  • Normal beta test a few months before the official launch for everyone as a normal beta but those are generally a formality since barely anything changes between then, release date.
There will be flights (multiple betas) I would assume for both XB1 and PC.
I understand, everyone, I just didn't know Halo Infinite would still be releasing on the Xbox One, and therefore that the beta is going to be the Xbox One version.
I understand, everyone, I just didn't know Halo Infinite would still be releasing on the Xbox One, and therefore that the beta is going to be the Xbox One version.
I'm guessing there's gonna be flights for both Xbox and PC since that's how they're doing MCC/Reach stuff.