I don't think Infinite will be fully open-world

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Regice554 wrote:
That description sounds a lot like Monster Hunter’s pseudo open world. For those who didn’t play, you can travel to 5 different environments from a central hub. The environments are huge and full of wildlife systems that make the world feel like a living and constantly changing setting. Perhaps in Halo Infinite you can explore huge segments of the ring, that have similar systems making each expedition different.
How would you have the Campaign work?
It would probably function like destiny or mass effect if i had to guess....
I would hope it's like the previous Campaigns, just in much bigger levels, and not repeated.
Yeah i hope its like clasic halo campaigns
Personally I just don't see how Halo Infinite can have a "Chief centered story" with an open world.

As you said I think the environments will be large and expansive, I just don't see them taking Halo in that direction.
I agree. I'll be shocked if it were open world.
Personally I just don't see how Halo Infinite can have a "Chief centered story" with an open world.

As you said I think the environments will be large and expansive, I just don't see them taking Halo in that direction.
I'm not sure if most of the fanbase would be cool with a fully explorable Halo.

I think most are just skeptical about how it would work with a FPS. If they make it a RPG then I think fans would be more accepting, but this isn't a RPG, obviously.
I think it will be huge levels with exploration, but still linear and not open world.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Not sure about open world but they need to do less linear maps since Halo CE had amazing maps that allowed plenty of exploration, yet they weren't open world while 4,5 were too linear.
Yeah, I'd love if a ton of the missions are like CE, though I wouldn't mind a couple being linear.
I'm not sure about this. A linear mission can sort of work but only up to a certain point like how the bridges in Halo 2 were great because we had to go somewhere and fight anything that was firing from the air but what irritates me mostly is those campaigns where the maps are so linear that it's extremely difficult to avoid kill boundaries, it's the same problem with multiplayer too since it makes the map feel poorly designed since I've played maps in H5 where I barely touch a small bit of water, magically my Ghost blows up.
Ah man I hope we get to visit other planets, though if it's visually stunning I'm fine with it.
It might be nice but if we have a terrain editor in Forge, a Skybox editor then in theory we could make amazing planets plus be cool if they gave us some control over camera too since be nice if we could make a classic RE style map with Spartans fighting Flood with classic tank controls.

Also Halo Infinite hopefully looks as good as Far Cry 5's editor since they can even make roads too plus be cool to place water in certain places too, we could create open world style maps. Plus a lot the presets they use in Halo Infinite could carry over to Forge too. Also I think the Infinite campaign might be on the Infinity too so I suspect we might get to navigate Infinity's direction like in Mass Effect since it be great if we could recruit factions to help fight back against Cortana.
Would be interesting if we're fighting Covenant or Prometheans, when all the sudden those deer-like or rhino-like animals stampede into the fight.
Love to see some infighting, I remember Doom used to do this thing where they would fight each other if they accidentally shot someone else so be nice to see the Grunts accidentally shot an Elite, then the Grunt would start bragging. lol
Like Avalanche from Gears of war 4?

I think most are just skeptical about how it would work with a FPS. If they make it a RPG then I think fans would be more accepting, but this isn't a RPG, obviously.
I think it will be huge levels with exploration, but still linear and not open world.
Do you think it'll solely be on Installation 07 or we'll get to visit other locations in the galaxy?

Do you think it'll solely be on Installation 07 or we'll get to visit other locations in the galaxy?
I personally think it will be installation 07 for the majority of the game. I feel like this game is going to have a ton of fan service, because 343i knows they've screwed the pooch with their halo games.
I expect us to spend a lot of time on Zeta due to its history that lore fans are already drooling over. They've already went back to the classic art style and even changed chief's armor (which I thought they'd never do). I wouldn't be surprised if we see more fan service stuff like playable elites. 343 and Microsoft know this game needs to be a home run.

I personally think it will be installation 07 for the majority of the game. I feel like this game is going to have a ton of fan service, because 343i knows they've screwed the pooch with their halo games.
I expect us to spend a lot of time on Zeta due to its history that lore fans are already drooling over. They've already went back to the classic art style and even changed chief's armor (which I thought they'd never do). I wouldn't be surprised if we see more fan service stuff like playable elites. 343 and Microsoft know this game needs to be a home run.
I wonder if they'll have references to stuff like Mendicant Bias, Faber, and the Primordial.

probably classic gameplay as well

I wonder if they'll have references to stuff like Mendicant Bias, Faber, and the Primordial.
I could see it espesically the history with zeta halo

God I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath.

they kinda need to after upsetting ans with both 4 and 5 and both 343 and Microsoft know this needs to be a homerun

they kinda need to after upsetting ans with both 4 and 5 and both 343 and Microsoft know this needs to be a homerun
Exactly, which makes me think they won't make it open world, as it would feel very different to the other Halo games, and MS is banking on this to be the big return.
Well maybe thats true, but if the New Halo don't be a open World, maybe Loots like yo the missions un Halo CE , Halo Wars 1, 2, ir just like the missions un Halo Spartan assault and Strokes, but a member of 343 sayed it's be espacios.

Exactly, which makes me think they won't make it open world, as it would feel very different to the other Halo games, and MS is banking on this to be the big return.
yea but their description is pointing to something like that

I think they'll be making more levels like Halo, Silent Cartographer, and Assault on the Control Room from CE. They're huge environments, but they're still linear.

I think they'll be making more levels like Halo, Silent Cartographer, and Assault on the Control Room from CE. They're huge environments, but they're still linear.
who knows I think its open world but if im wrong im wrong
It would be really cool is the levels were sort of life Dark Souls. Huge open levels with lots of exploration, but still a somewhat linear progression for the story line.
Yeah, not sure if I'd like an open world Halo. But I also don't know what one would be like or if that's even the case.

I'm also not convinced it's going to be an open-world, just seems like too much of a change from what Halo is, closest thing to it was ODST.

I'll be crossing my fingers and toes for classic gameplay with spartan abilities being at least pick ups.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3