Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

I enjoyed Halo 5's multiplayer.

OP stonesimaculate

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I hope it will be included and improved upon in Halo Infinite. You can say what you want about Halo 5's campaign, but I think the multiplayer was handled extremely well.
The maps look great, Forge is awesome when it's used by someone who knows what their doing, the SMG is(was) a beast, and overall it's fun to play.
BIGGER maps are needed at launch and multiplayer shouldn't be arena centric though.
The sandbox could be done better, the method of getting armor should be like in Halo 3, 4, or Reach(i'd prefer reach), vehicles should feel a bit less weighty and more armored(I'm talking about you banshees and warthogs), dual wielding should return(just use x and y to pick up the weapons like in Halo 2), bring back Brute Weapons and Vehicles.
I'm actually fine with the lootbox system(mostly because I figured I only needed to play 2-4 games of Warzone firefight to get a gold pack), but it shouldn't be your main source for armor.
I didn't add split screen because it'a already confirmed for infinite. also elites should return(just sayin)
I'm SR133, and have 4 days worth of game time in Arena and 8 days in Warzone and I've played all Halo games since it the original xbox. Just speaking from experience.
I personally prefer H5’s gameplay over that of the classic games. I can’t even do much outside custom games in Halo 4 and what came before it, I just like H5 way too much. I hope they continue in the gameplay direction Halo 5 has taken, and would hate if they pandered to purists and put in classic gameplay.
Pandering to purists? Halo has been going downhill since they changed the gameplay to the newer style and was at its peak when it was classic
A. Correlation is not causation
B. There is no solid proof that directly connects Classic to any direct benefit to Halo’s population
C. To so aggressively go back to classic after H5 would clearly be pandering to the aggressive Bungie purist side of the base by definition
And staying with the current trend would keep halo low in sales and population just Like halo 4 and 5
I hope it will be included and improved upon in Halo Infinite. You can say what you want about Halo 5's campaign, but I think the multiplayer was handled extremely well.
The maps look great, Forge is awesome when it's used by someone who knows what their doing, the SMG is(was) a beast, and overall it's fun to play.
BIGGER maps are needed at launch and multiplayer shouldn't be arena centric though.
The sandbox could be done better, the method of getting armor should be like in Halo 3, 4, or Reach(i'd prefer reach), vehicles should feel a bit less weighty and more armored(I'm talking about you banshees and warthogs), dual wielding should return(just use x and y to pick up the weapons like in Halo 2), bring back Brute Weapons and Vehicles.
I'm actually fine with the lootbox system(mostly because I figured I only needed to play 2-4 games of Warzone firefight to get a gold pack), but it shouldn't be your main source for armor.
I didn't add split screen because it'a already confirmed for infinite. also elites should return(just sayin)
I'm SR133, and have 4 days worth of game time in Arena and 8 days in Warzone and I've played all Halo games since it the original xbox. Just speaking from experience.
I personally prefer H5’s gameplay over that of the classic games. I can’t even do much outside custom games in Halo 4 and what came before it, I just like H5 way too much. I hope they continue in the gameplay direction Halo 5 has taken, and would hate if they pandered to purists and put in classic gameplay.
Pandering to purists? Halo has been going downhill since they changed the gameplay to the newer style and was at its peak when it was classic
B. There is no solid proof that directly connects Classic to any direct benefit to Halo’s population
C. To so aggressively go back to classic after H5 would clearly be pandering to the aggressive Bungie purist side of the base by definition
And staying with the current trend would keep halo low in sales and population just Like halo 4 and 5
Well, Mr. Confident. Present your bulletproof evidence.
Rofl..."Bungie purist side" - These discussions began during Reach. A Bungie Game, in case you've forgotten.
You'll never get a 100% crystal clear evidence, but if we have a look at the past you'll see that the downfall has begun with Reach. (Sales, Popularity)
Well, Reach was overall praised (by the majority) for it's huge variety of game modes, art style, customization, forge (for it's time), campaign. The 2 major things Reach was critisized for, was it's gameplay (community was divided) and maps. H4's Maps were well recieved (at least BTB), but the decline had still continued - so the only thing that is left is gameplay.
Guardians however made these problems even worse. At least they've brought up the custom game browser, improved Forge & brought back equal starts.
So, again, the only thing you can relate on is numbers.

Also, the "enhanced moblity" trend has come and gone. It seems like this category didn't have a big audience to begin with. Even Titanfall, a game built from the ground up for advanced movement couldn't push advanced movement into the spotlight. (If I'm not mistaken the sales were estimated between 4-6 Mil. copies) And I'm not hating on Titanfall (2 is a decent game), but this is the reality, whether you wan't to believe it or not is up to you.

So, hopefully the run&gun gameplay with some innovations will return.
I cant think of one arena map i would like to see makes it way into infinite, so ill disagree with you there.

I have mixed feelings about how MP plays out. Although i usually only play btb/wz & action sack, Lack of maps turned me off of arena.

Req packs are meh. Id be happy if they were gone & a progression system took its place for unlocks. I think you feel much more accomplished getting your favourite helemt or emblem through completing certain tasks then just random unlocks. But i have my doubts about that since im sure its a $$$ making machine.
I agree with you, though I would like to see a map that's the btb equivalent of the map Plaza
Hmmm have you played on boudlevards? i think that is quite similiar.
I cant think of one arena map i would like to see makes it way into infinite, so ill disagree with you there.

I have mixed feelings about how MP plays out. Although i usually only play btb/wz & action sack, Lack of maps turned me off of arena.

Req packs are meh. Id be happy if they were gone & a progression system took its place for unlocks. I think you feel much more accomplished getting your favourite helemt or emblem through completing certain tasks then just random unlocks. But i have my doubts about that since im sure its a $$$ making machine.
I agree with you, though I would like to see a map that's the btb equivalent of the map Plaza
I have, it's one of my more preferred btb maps(especially if I play as a warthog gunner) and it would be cool to see that with nice New Mombasa skin.

I have, it's one of my more preferred btb maps(especially if I play as a warthog gunner) and it would be cool to see that with nice New Mombasa skin.
hmm yeah may be good with the New Mombasa skin, I just remember that map being really dark.

Really? I always seem to have hard time on that map, can't quite figure it out. I think traffic Jam may be my favourite BTB map, it plays awesome for CTF. I find myself enjoying the Btb maps with multiple snipers, ghosts, hogs. That one map with just the one ghost & one sniper always gets on my nerves lol, I forget the same of it. Has the water front on one side.
DaekLaw wrote:
Rofl..."Bungie purist side" - These discussions began during Reach. A Bungie Game, in case you've forgotten.
You'll never get a 100% crystal clear evidence, but if we have a look at the past you'll see that the downfall has begun with Reach. (Sales, Popularity)
Well, Reach was overall praised (by the majority) for it's huge variety of game modes, art style, customization, forge (for it's time), campaign. The 2 major things Reach was critisized for, was it's gameplay (community was divided) and maps. H4's Maps were well recieved (at least BTB), but the decline had still continued - so the only thing that is left is gameplay.
Guardians however made these problems even worse. At least they've brought up the custom game browser, improved Forge & brought back equal starts.
So, again, the only thing you can relate on is numbers.

Also, the "enhanced moblity" trend has come and gone. It seems like this category didn't have a big audience to begin with. Even Titanfall, a game built from the ground up for advanced movement couldn't push advanced movement into the spotlight. (If I'm not mistaken the sales were estimated between 4-6 Mil. copies) And I'm not hating on Titanfall (2 is a decent game), but this is the reality, whether you wan't to believe it or not is up to you.

So, hopefully the run&gun gameplay with some innovations will return.
I'd actually say Halos "downfall" has less to do with gameplay and more to do with the fact that's it's an Xbox One exclusive and people moved to playstation(since it has better options atm) and a good chunk of the fans didn't upgrade from the 360 to the one.

It's less Bungie/343's fault and more Microsofts fault.
Titanfall 1 was also an xbox one exclusive and Titanfall 2 was unlucky enough to be released like a week after Battlefield 1(I won't for give EA for that, all my friends went for battlefield when I went for Titanfall 2).

hmm yeah may be good with the New Mombasa skin, I just remember that map being really dark.

Really? I always seem to have hard time on that map, can't quite figure it out. I think traffic Jam may be my favourite BTB map, it plays awesome for CTF. I find myself enjoying the Btb maps with multiple snipers, ghosts, hogs. That one map with just the one ghost & one sniper always gets on my nerves lol, I forget the same of it. Has the water front on one side.
It is really dark, needs some neon lights and a tenor sax solo in the background to set the mood.
It that map Estuary? I remember one side of the map has water. I remember getting wrecked on Traffic Jam once, and it never showed up again.

It is really dark, needs some neon lights and a tenor sax solo in the background to set the mood.
It that map Estuary? I remember one side of the map has water. I remember getting wrecked on Traffic Jam once, and it never showed up again.
Ah it may be? It also has a grenade launcher on the map... sorry I am not too good at explaining this map, I barley play on it haha
Population Numbers do the talking

Ah it may be? It also has a grenade launcher on the map... sorry I am not too good at explaining this map, I barley play on it haha
It might be it, I remember it had a hydra and that was switched when the launcher came out
Mmmm, no they don’t. Unless you’ve somehow isolated every variable, population numbers are an extremely unreliable piece of evidence and are a weak argument.
Mmmm, no they don’t. Unless you’ve somehow isolated every variable, population numbers are an extremely unreliable piece of evidence and are a weak argument.
Playerbase has been declining since halo reach,which is when they started with these new mechanics.Show me evidence that the newer trend is actually working
Playerbase has been declining since halo reach,which is when they started with these new mechanics.Show me evidence that the newer trend is actually working
The burden of proof rests on he who makes the claim. It’s up to you, not me, to prove EM is the cause of the decline.

And again, you commit the same logical fallacy: CORRELATION IS NOT CAUSATION.
The burden of proof rests on he who makes the claim. It’s up to you, not me, to prove EM is the cause of the decline.

You made the claim that the current trend is working so show me proof,without being condescending if possible

You made the claim that the current trend is working so show me proof,without being condescending if possible
I’m sorry if I’m coming off that way: today’s been weird. I don’t want to come off as condescending, I apologize.

Anyway, I said that I hope that 343 doesn’t appeal to the Classic purists and co tiniest in the direction Halo 5 had taken in my OP. I do not recall ever openly stating that EM helped or hurt Halo population wise, because such a thing is impossible to prove. Just like it’s impossible to prove Classic will help.
If you want to talk population, there's a thread for that.

Otherwise, take it to PMs or knock it off.
I liked it at first. Now I struggle to ever get back into it, which was never a problem with old Halos. If Infinite is like H5 then my love for this franchise is just going to keep fading.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
If you want to talk population, there's a thread for that.

Otherwise, take it to PMs or knock it off.
Wow, you got butthurt fast, lol.
No the mod just wants already contentious conversations compartmentalized where they have been raging since before H5 such as playable alien species, sprint, and a few others.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3