Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

I feel like Plasma Pistol is pretty much useless

OP d4psa

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I feel like the current version of the Plasma Pistol is pretty much useless - It is Incredibly hard to aim compared to how it was in previous Halo games, and does barely any damage.

The large reticle gives you an impression of an easy to use weapon, but the plasma bullets travel very slow, and in a straight line (instead of homing to enemies as in previous Halo games) which requires you to lead the target when aiming. In addition, even if you manage to land multiple hits to the enemy, the damage done is ridiculously low, making the gun basically useless in its primary firing mode. Of course you can still combo the overcharge bullet with another weapon, but I feel a weapon that is only usable when combined with another one is not a very well balanced one.

In previous Halo games the Plasma Pistol was better balanced in my opinion, and even the primary firing mode felt useful, even if it wasn't quite as effective as most other weapons.
I don't think the plasma pistol has ever been very useful without overcharging.
This is the strongest the plasma pistol has ever been it seems like for me.
i disagree, the noob combo in this game is nasty. you can literally one shot a guy with a pistol after hitting em with a plasma charge if ur aim was good enough
Ken2379 wrote:
It is the use that has always been given to it and I think it is what the colleague above refers to.
Don't think the normal shooting has ever been good with the plasma pistol its always been about the noob combo with that gun
Fun fact: if you ever used the plasma pistol without the noob combo you are using it incorrectly!
Fun fact: if you ever used the plasma pistol without the noob combo you are using it wrong!
I would enjoy a daily/weekly challenge to get a kill with the plasma pistol.
It feels weaker to me than it did in Halo 5.
I swear I was charging it fully last night and it wasn't stripping full shields - unless I was just missing?

Either way, it was actually hard to miss with it in Halo 5 so it maybe just feels less useful because it doesn't have such strong lock on this time around?
It seems like other plasma pistols to me although I think it’s standard fire mode is actually it’s best iteration yet, still not good enough to win a fight that way but the plasma pistol has always been for the overcharge or noob combo kill.
NutJobJim wrote:
It feels weaker to me than it did in Halo 5.
I swear I was charging it fully last night and it wasn't stripping full shields - unless I was just missing?

Either way, it was actually hard to miss with it in Halo 5 so it maybe just feels less useful because it doesn't have such strong lock on this time around?
Was brutal in Halo 5, I guess with thrust it needed to be much more homing as too easy to dodge otherwise.
The most understandable things to me always was the power of the plasma pistol, used by every grunt, the weaker soldiers covenants !
It’s even less useful now that it doesn’t emp vehicles. It should have that re enabled and the projectile speed increased about 10%
I combo it with a pistol and overcharge it, Its an extremely easy way to get kills. Especially since the charged shot follows the target.
Totally, I used it like 3 times on PVP and never bothered with it again.

It is hard to aim and has little to no tracking while charged. It is incredible hard to do the noob combo with it, specially because there is almost no aim assist and it is hard to follow it up with an headshot... So it is hard to hit someone with a full charge blast and if you manage to finally do it, then it is hard to get that final headshot.

It will be good against vehicles though since it can stop them
Ken2379 wrote:
reach plasma pistol is great without charge.
Without the emp effect on vehicles and little to no tracking, it’s practically pointless to use, even with the noob combo.
The plasma pistol also does less damage to shields than the sidekick, I honestly don't know what they were thinking.

It feels like the plasma pistol is getting the short end of the stick just to prop up their new electricity damage type. I like having different damage types to change things up as much as the next guy but so far it doesn't really seem to justify a new damage type at the expense of plasma.
Ken2379 wrote:
In Reach and 4 rapidly firing single shots was actually really effective for putting enemies down, or priming a melee kill. I feel like it needs that power back, especially in a world without the Plasma Rifle/Repeater/Storm Rifle, it is in a prime spot to fill that "standard plasma weapon" role when single fired.

The tracking on overcharges could definitely use a buff though. And Plasma in general should be dealing more damage to vehicles than bullets or electricity, which would give the overcharge some effectiveness against them to make up for losing the EMP.
How anybody can say that the plasma pistol is the strongest its ever been is ridiculous to me. The tracking is so weak or non existent and no vehicle emp. Useless weapon
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2