Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

I have an idea

OP AlanDjikkaity

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Guys, I have an idea! I hope that 343i make a side story for Infinite similar to Spartan Ops in H4, with Spartan Locke, his fireteam, and Fireteam Majestic as main characters. The reason why I want this to happen is to give Locke good writing (something missing from H5 as a whole) and to expand on Spartan-IVs, while keeping Chief the main character of the series. So what do you think?
I actually enjoyed Spartan Ops in Halo 4. I wouldn’t mind a side story addition to Infinite.
Meh I could care less about Osiris personally, except for Buck. Give me a side story with Buck as a spartan leading some ODST's like he used to. Now THAT I would play.
Not sure if good idea. The concept was a nice idea but it's too difficult to try keep making interesting content. I still remember Halo 4 where most of the Spartan Ops was basically the same level over, over then by the time we got new levels...the series kind of ended.

Rather they focus on new games and obviously trying to make Infinite as complete as possible before launch.
If they do that, it needs to be changed up quite a bit; there was far too much jumping around in Spartan Ops. First it was about Fire Team Crimson, then it was all about Halsey, then it was all about Majestic. It's like whoever started writing the story initially, took a lunch break, and someone else came in and rewrote some of the work. The missions were ok, but honestly they were kinda lackluster and had very little replay ability. (Don't even get me started on the arsenal placement when they gave us weapons and vehicles to work with. They'd always drop them in the area controlled by enemies, so the only way to get to them is to kill all the enemies to use them.)

Plus, Fire Team Osiris was disbanded. Buck went back to Alpha-9, Tanaka and Vale went who knows where, no clue where Locke went. They could either give us back Fire Team Crimson or throw another Fire Team at us.
Eh, I don't know. I liked the idea of Halo: Infinite being situated on Master Chief himself so at least it can bring back some nostalgia that Halo lost over 4 and 5.
Eh, I don't know. I liked the idea of Halo: Infinite being situated on Master Chief himself so at least it can bring back some nostalgia that Halo lost over 4 and 5.
What I’m trying to say is point out is that if Infinite will be about Chief, then they should give other Spartans a chance elsewhere. Maybe make it a DLC, I don’t know
kjbart wrote:
Meh I could care less about Osiris personally, except for Buck. Give me a side story with Buck as a spartan leading some ODST's like he used to. Now THAT I would play.
Maybe. Buck is a good character, I’d like to see more of him in Infinite if possible
kjbart wrote:
Meh I could care less about Osiris personally, except for Buck. Give me a side story with Buck as a spartan leading some ODST's like he used to. Now THAT I would play.
Maybe. Buck is a good character, I’d like to see more of him in Infinite if possible
Yeah I'd like to see Buck in the game as a main character but not playable in the campaign, as we barely got any chief last game. Either have him as an ally on the battlefield, or in side missions as I mentioned.
If they can actually make Osiris interesting, sure, but H5 left a bad taste in everyone's mouth regarding them so they'd have to really knock it out of the park.
That would be nice Spartan ops wasn’t that bad I rather enjoyed it kinda gave it a Halo reach type vibe though being a side character in a way
though you have to wonder what happened to team Crimson after halo 4
If they can actually make Osiris interesting, sure, but H5 left a bad taste in everyone's mouth regarding them so they'd have to really knock it out of the park.
Yes, 343 would have to develop them into the greatest characters ever just for people to respect them at this point IMO. I'm not even being sarcastic
I can appreciate trying to come up with an angle to redeem Locke, Osiris, and the S-IV's in general, but I am afraid that if they put in another "Spartan Ops" mode, Firefight would be cut to justify it. After ten years of 343i trying to replace FF with what they think we should want, I think it's long overdue that we just finally get an honest-to-God real Firefight mode in Infinite. If that means no SpOps follow-up or even no Warzone in MP, I'd be more than okay with that trade off.

Just my opinion, though!
It's not a bad idea.
Maybe later as a kind of DLC, but they should be only focused more in Campaign/Multiplayer . I minimally hope they can bring all the popular main modes we played trought all the series to the Halo Infinite.
AlibutOne wrote:
It's not a bad idea.
Maybe later as a kind of DLC, but they should be only focused more in Campaign/Multiplayer . I minimally hope they can bring all the popular main modes we played trought all the series to the Halo Infinite.
Agreed. The focus for now should be the main game
If they can actually make Osiris interesting, sure, but H5 left a bad taste in everyone's mouth regarding them so they'd have to really knock it out of the park.
Yes, 343 would have to develop them into the greatest characters ever just for people to respect them at this point IMO. I'm not even being sarcastic
Pretty much haha. I think it might be smarter to just let Osiris go lol
So infinite is believed "and this could end up entirely off base" to be an open world esque game with RPG sequel mechanics. What if we get an all enticing Halo story where those elements are barred, we simply play as our favorite spartan 2. Now what of I said those mechanics come into play after we complete the campaign. We get our Spartan from multiplayer, have a hub base, and choose to go on missions around the installation in game similar to spartan ops, only with raid sequel missions recon missions assault missions etc. I personally think this would be amazing, all while retaining a classic multiplayer and hopefully firefight game modes. This is all clearly just Hope's and dreams. With no real backing other than the tidbits where 343 were hiring developers familiar with rpg ranking systems and how to implement it into the game for infinite.
Foombles wrote:
So infinite is believed "and this could end up entirely off base" to be an open world esque game with RPG sequel mechanics. What if we get an all enticing Halo story where those elements are barred, we simply play as our favorite spartan 2. Now what of I said those mechanics come into play after we complete the campaign. We get our Spartan from multiplayer, have a hub base, and choose to go on missions around the installation in game similar to spartan ops, only with raid sequel missions recon missions assault missions etc. I personally think this would be amazing, all while retaining a classic multiplayer and hopefully firefight game modes. This is all clearly just Hope's and dreams. With no real backing other than the tidbits where 343 were hiring developers familiar with rpg ranking systems and how to implement it into the game for infinite.
I hope they keep it FPS
I would rather it be the rest of blue team. Even if they are not together, maybe have a string of missions where you play as each. the stories can even be happening at the same time as the main campaign so you essentially hear what is going on as it progresses from a different view point. Let blue team shine, they are overall more interesting then osiris as they have a similar back story to the chief.
kjbart wrote:
Meh I could care less about Osiris personally, except for Buck. Give me a side story with Buck as a spartan leading some ODST's like he used to. Now THAT I would play.
Always down for some ODST 2
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2