Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

I hope Cortana will look like she did in H2A

OP unsorted guy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
How would you guys like her to look like? Similar to any of the other games? Same as H5? Please share!
I also hope that most of the stuff will look similar to what it did in Halo CE / H3

I noticed that the warthog have same design as H4/H5, so I am wondering if all vehicles will look the same as H4/H5. If I could have it my way, I would have everything look like it did in H2A. I think that is the best visual representation of all the Halo Games.
All human faces will probably look more similar to their real life counter parts due to motion capturing technology getting better and better recently. HW2 did it already for instance, nobody looked like they did in the first game. The animation was miles ahead however, that's the advantage!

Although I too would prefer a more classic look for Cortana and co., I doubt we'll get it. And while I like H4's look for our favorite hologram as well (a bit less the jump-suit from H5), the version from H2 onward is just more unique and interesting imho. Plus I totally agree with you, Reach and H2A are my personal favorite designs for her!
I'm more a Halo 4 Cortana kind of guy.
The halo 5 cortana makes the most sense with her current role and personality.
She’ll most likely look as she did in Halo 5, as Infinite is a direct sequel, and she’s now dictator of the galaxy.
She should have pink hair, tattoos, and a nose ring since she is rebelling against the galaxy and lost her boy John because of her psychotic behavior
I think she should keep the H5 look with the "clothes", that's her "I'm the bad guy now" look. If she turns sides it would be cool if she went to one of her former looks. My favourite was the H4 design but it would be really cool if she went back to something similar to the H1 version, almost like being reborn.
Catherine Halsey sacrifices herself to save John and Blue Team by turning herself into an AI with a new name that looks like Cortana, only to beat Cortana and save the galaxy. My theory.
Catherine Halsey sacrifices herself to save John and Blue Team by turning herself into an AI with a new name that looks like Cortana, only to beat Cortana and save the galaxy. My theory.
Maybe she doesn't have to kill herself in the process; Cortana is the only A.I. created from living tissue, so Halsey could create another Cortana under the same conditions to combat her evil doppleganger.
I am not a fan.
If she goes through any sort of "rebirth" in the story, I can see a modern reimagining of the CE look potentially being cool.
HaXoR73 wrote:
Maybe she doesn't have to kill herself in the process; Cortana is the only A.I. created from living tissue, so Halsey could create another Cortana under the same conditions to combat her evil doppleganger.
Conditions wouldn't be the same, though. Halsey is older now than she was when she created Cortana. Brains get worse with age, as do most organs. A flash-cloned brain from current Halsey probably wouldn't produce as strong a matrix as her brain from ~10 years ago. Also aging as a risk factor for disease starts increasing exponentially after middle age (~50), so there could indeed be a big difference between Halsey's 57 year old brain and her 67 year old brain.
Chimera30 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
Conditions wouldn't be the same, though. Halsey is older now than she was when she created Cortana. Brains get worse with age, as do most organs. A flash-cloned brain from current Halsey probably wouldn't produce as strong a matrix as her brain from ~10 years ago. Also aging as a risk factor for disease starts increasing exponentially after middle age (~50), so there could indeed be a big difference between Halsey's 57 year old brain and her 67 year old brain.
To add on, even if Halsey underwent the same process to make another AI like Cortana, I still fail to see how that AI would be able to go toe-to-toe with Cortana considering she has the power of the Domain at her disposal.
Chimera30 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
To add on, even if Halsey underwent the same process to make another AI like Cortana, I still fail to see how that AI would be able to go toe-to-toe with Cortana considering she has the power of the Domain at her disposal.
A great additional point. That alone would probably be a much greater factor than any aging-related detriments to Halsey's brain when it comes to making a new AI to challenge Cortana.
cortana should keep her Halo 5 look
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
A great additional point. That alone would probably be a much greater factor than any aging-related detriments to Halsey's brain when it comes to making a new AI to challenge Cortana.
The only conceivable path I could see in them getting a fresher mind is if any of the extra cloned brains Halsey put in storage on Reach were recovered. But that isn't very likely since:

A. The Covenant glassed Reach
B. The brains would likely have been stored at CASTLE Base, which was destroyed by Dr. Halsey
C. Assuming the area the brains were in somehow survived, it'd be cut off from power to the facility and any cryogenic storage used would fail
D. The brains would have been sitting around for 5-7 years by the time Infinite begins, a problem if C is correct and nothing remains to prevent the brains from decaying

I mean, we should stop at B, but even then there is very little to suggest collecting the brains would even be possible.
I prefer Cortana's sharper Halo 3 design which resembles Jen Taylor, but they're too deep into transforming her from the milk maiden archetype into Chairman Mao's space fleet commander to turn back now.
The H5 design should stay.
Her design in H4 is my favourite,but I can't possibly see it capturing facial and bodily expressions suited to her current role as a villain.I can't see any Bungie designs capturing it either.
I'd like them to start getting more consistent with Cortana's design. In Bungie's Halo 2, 3 and Reach Cortana looked the same (albeit with graphical enhancements). Even Halo CE's Cortana looked close to the others despite her shorter hair. She had the same facial structure and body shape as the 2, 3 and Reach models.
Ever since 343i took over though, we've had several different appearances of Cortana. We have the Halo 4 Cortana, the Forward Unto Dawn Cortana, the Halo 2 Anniversary Cortana and the Halo 5 Cortana. One start to making her more consistent and familiar is if they use one motion capture actress to base her face on. At the moment Cortana's facial appearance and motion capture is based on the following actresses:
  • Mackenzie Mason for Halo 4
  • Beckie King for Halo 2 Anniversary
  • Lani Blazier for Halo 5
Can we please choose one and stick to it so Cortana doesn't have a completely different face in each game?
Her H4-5 design, because its good for consistency and i'm already used to seeing her current design. The only reason i got used to her design when it was changed back in 2012 is because i had not played Halo 3 in awhile so i just assumed thats what she always looked like from that point.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2