Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

I hope Cortana will look like she did in H2A

OP unsorted guy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
How would you guys like her to look like? Similar to any of the other games? Same as H5? Please share!
I also hope that most of the stuff will look similar to what it did in Halo CE / H3

I noticed that the warthog have same design as H4/H5, so I am wondering if all vehicles will look the same as H4/H5. If I could have it my way, I would have everything look like it did in H2A. I think that is the best visual representation of all the Halo Games.
I would prefer to look as she did in HALO. Not HALO Anniversary...HALO. Before developers were concerned about her looking like a digital stripper. When she was a trouble making pixie super AI that wreaked havoc against the Covenant war machine.
I really liked her look in Halo Reach, with her looking like an updated version of Halo CE. However I understand that would hurt continuity from Halo 5. As some suggested, it would be cool for her to return to the classic look if she goes through a redemption story arc.

OR... If the AI chip that Chief is seen inserting into his neural interface is a new Cortana, I feel like she should defiantly look how she did in Halo Reach.
I would prefer her to look as she did in HALO. Not HALO Anniversary...HALO. Before developers were concerned about her looking like a digital stripper. When she was a trouble making pixie super AI that wreaked havoc against the Covenant war machine.
Couldn't have put it better myself.
shawnk9512 wrote:
I really liked her look in Halo Reach, with her looking like an updated version of Halo CE. However I understand that would hurt continuity from Halo 5.
As I mentioned in my previous comment on page 1 of this thread, continuity is already destroyed. We have Bungie's Cortana, which looks different from the H2 Anniversary Cortana, which has a completely different style from the Halo 4 Cortana, which has a new face and body in Halo 5. There is no continuity currently. I like your idea of her returning to her classic design if she has a redemption, but at this point, no particular appearance of her is canon anyway.
Halo 4 Cortona is the best Cortona. They ruined Cortona in Halo 5.
Simple redemption will not work. To quote Emerson,

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”

Cortana has been expanded to an almost boundless degree. It does not make sense for her to suddenly become sane again (be freed somehow from rampancy) and return to that chip. Minus what we perceive as madness, it is similar to what happened in the original GITS manga to Motoko Kusanagi. She has sensed all of that vastness and it isn't something with which she could part in her current iteration, even minus the rampancy. As an AI she wants to know, to reach. It thrusts the believable too far for her to simply forego all of that knowledge and capability even with reason in hand.

What I could see occur is something I have mentioned on these forums before. In order to save Cortana the Chief will have to destroy Cortana. What survives? A splinter of Cortana so to speak, and this would work from a story point of view. The original core of her being. The practically embryonic code before she even met the Chief - newly created by Dr Halsey. Almost childlike in some ways. To borrow the Star Trek reference I employed, she would be as B2 was to Commander Data. Or Spock at the end of ST3. The inceptive, underivative binary code of her makeup both uncorrupted and inexperienced that existed at the moment of her creation. She might possess echoes of the past which could make for some interesting story moments. This approach not only fits but it also allows 343 to rectify missteps committed by both Bungie and themselves. A mulligan of sorts. She will have to be re-educated and there is a great deal she would be required to relearn. But it would be the essence of her. She would be naive in some ways but with the smartassery she demonstrated before Bungie and later 343 decided she should be portrayed more as a woman than as a daringly devious and sometimes accidentally humorous AI.
How would you guys like her to look like? Similar to any of the other games? Same as H5? Please share!
I also hope that most of the stuff will look similar to what it did in Halo CE / H3

I noticed that the warthog have same design as H4/H5, so I am wondering if all vehicles will look the same as H4/H5. If I could have it my way, I would have everything look like it did in H2A. I think that is the best visual representation of all the Halo Games.
I 100% agree with H2A being the best visual representation of the Halo games...that is if you're talking about the Campaign. In my Opinion the Campaign is perfect but the multiplayer looks too cartoony and shiny.

I 100% agree with H2A being the best visual representation of the Halo games...that is if you're talking about the Campaign. In my Opinion the Campaign is perfect but the multiplayer looks too cartoony and shiny.
One of the things I liked about H2 MP was the ability to play as an Elite. There were some issues with the hitboxes of the Elites that affected the game balance but I actually played a handful of games where it was completely Spartans vs Elites. I always wanted gamers to be able to play as Covenant troops with a more objective based gameplay mission such as Mombasa Invasion Defense, Covenant Carrier Assault, Extraction, etc
My favorite is the Halo 2: Anniversary look. It’s so sexy, if you know what I mean 😼
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I always see Cortana as the one from HaloCE. Less sexy maybe but that's who she'll always be to me
seanonix wrote:
She should have pink hair, tattoos, and a nose ring since she is rebelling against the galaxy and lost her boy John because of her psychotic behavior
Lmao!
Catherine Halsey sacrifices herself to save John and Blue Team by turning herself into an AI with a new name that looks like Cortana, only to beat Cortana and save the galaxy. My theory.
you expect so much of someone that has proven be a selfish person so many times.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2