Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

I HOPE that the art style has both bungies n 343

OP IMMORTAL VASILY

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
who agrees
Judging from what we've seen in the two trailers, I'd say your wish has been granted.

The armour looks Bungie era from the front, 343 from the back and sides
The marines looked Bungie era, the forerunner structure design looks like a hybrid, and the overall colour/atmosphere looks brighter, like 343's games. The forest area on the ring also looks more like Halo 4's art style, but the sandy deserts and darker caverns look like Halo CE's and 3's art style.

I'm very excited
So far it's looking exactly like that. The armor was discussed above. So I'll add that the Pelican appears to be reverting back to a more Bungie-era design. I'm very excited about all of that.
That's what it's looking like to me so far and they have also stated that's what they're doing. I'm loving what we've seen.
I imagine its not something i'd need to worry about compared to other features of the game you can always guarantee the art/visuals behind 343 is superb at what they do.
a lot of 343 models were great, i agree w u
I liked chief's and cortana's design in halo 4. Maybe some weapons aswell but for the most it looked bland and boring compared to the bungie games. Especially how the covenant looks like now and the forerunner building structures and unsc personnel.
Halo wars 2 however looked great with the art styles implented. They should use that in the future imo.
i really like the new artstyle. i only think that chiefs proportions are slightly off. his torso and arms are to short, his butt/crotch is non existant and his shoulders are slightly to narrow. the new chief design should copy the halo wars 2 cutscene spartan proportions and the undersuit could use slightly more halo 5 influences (more muscle esque design)
I really liked the covenant armor designs in Halo 3. They expanded the Brute looks a lot, and I enjoyed how the elites armor looked both functional and ceremonial. The jackals in reach were cool, because they seemed a lot more dinosaur like.
who agrees
The Iconic art style of Halo 3 is the Top I hope to see this artsyle apply to Infine
Your desire has already been confirmed by 343i explicitly.

In the "making of the Halo Infinite reveal trailer" on Youtube, they discuss how the new Mjolnir armor is a hybrid design which took inspiration from both the original Bungie armor, as well as the Halo 4/5 armor. Matt Booty discussed how for Infinite, 343i is making a return to more classic "shape and design language" reminiscent of the first Halo games.

343i is taking cues from the entirety of the Halo artistic universe.

Personally I think it looks fantastic, though sometimes I feel like the shade of green is a bit "off" somehow.
Your desire has already been confirmed by 343i explicitly.

In the "making of the Halo Infinite reveal trailer" on Youtube, they discuss how the new Mjolnir armor is a hybrid design which took inspiration from both the original Bungie armor, as well as the Halo 4/5 armor. Matt Booty discussed how for Infinite, 343i is making a return to more classic "shape and design language" reminiscent of the first Halo games.

343i is taking cues from the entirety of the Halo artistic universe.

Personally I think it looks fantastic, though sometimes I feel like the shade of green is a bit "off" somehow.
The green I think is a bit too light but maybe they might fix it Halo infinite sounds like it's gonna look fantastic
I'd prefer something that leans more heavily towards the straight up H3 aesthetic like the E3 '18 reveal trailer. But, I'm still happy with the overall look of Infinite so far.
Yes, I liked how bungie did UNSC in reach, the flood and elites on H2, but how 343 made the rest of the covenant and the maps look in H4 and how they smoothly comined both forerunner aesthetics in 2A
Well, it basically will be like that if they look for inspiration from Bungie era installments while adding something of their own, Im just not hoping for something reminiscent of H4/H5g but instead, something different from 343i.
This is exactly why im not getting infinite.

They are trying to please both fan groups. The old and the new.

This to me is just a scam to make as much money as possible. Thats why t hey did that bait and switch with the armor design. You cannot trick me into buying your game.

Most people on this forum are new fans/343 fans and will buy the game no matter what they do.

But there are many like me that will not be swayed with anything but a 100% return to the old art style. We aimply hate 343's art design, it is not Halo. If you like them good for you but you are not a real Halo fan you are a 343 Halo fan, whatever this franchise is supposed to be you can call it Halo but it aint that.

Im hoping there are enough old fans out there who have enough dignity to not pay for this because its a Halo game.
Whatever you want to believe or argue my points with the simple fact is that this games art design is 100% designed to sell more copies.

It is not the best art design or the most true to Halo. They chose it to sell the most copies. Its pretty sad that they are trying to trick old fans into buying this crap only to pull the rug out from their feet when the game drops. pretending they care about the games design when its all picked based off of corporate datasheets and focus group testing
Well, it depends on how you look at it.

The first triology in my opinion has the best Forerunner Design, it feels old, advanced and mysterious at the same time.
Same goes for the UNSC, the original triology & Reach nailed it for the most part.
I'd say that H2 had the best Covenant-Artstyle in a mainline game, but I must admit that HW2 is superior to anything we've seen thus far. The Elites, vehicles like the scarab, Red Team and especially the Brutes look perfect in my eyes.

The only thing I don't like about HW2's Artstyle is the Forerunner Design.
But I hope that we wont drag along anything from H5, because (in my eyes) everything looks straight up ugly. The only thing that doesn't look that bad is the wraith, maybe give it a grittier look and I'd be fine with that in the next game, but except that I really hope that nothing returns.
BANGHART wrote:
This is exactly why im not getting infinite.

They are trying to please both fan groups. The old and the new.

This to me is just a scam to make as much money as possible. Thats why t hey did that bait and switch with the armor design. You cannot trick me into buying your game.

Most people on this forum are new fans/343 fans and will buy the game no matter what they do.

But there are many like me that will not be swayed with anything but a 100% return to the old art style. We aimply hate 343's art design, it is not Halo. If you like them good for you but you are not a real Halo fan you are a 343 Halo fan, whatever this franchise is supposed to be you can call it Halo but it aint that. Im hoping there are enough old fans out there who have enough dignity to not pay for this because its a Halo game.
Aaaaaaand you've officially become That Guy...
If I like any part of Halo, I'm a Halo fan. I hate it when people pull the "you are not a real fan" card.
BANGHART wrote:
...If you like them good for you but you are not a real Halo fan...
There's no such thing as a "real halo fan". If you like Halo, whatever aspect of it that interests you, you're a Halo fan. You don't get to decide what makes people a Halo fan or not, so please stop perpetuating stuff like this thanks. It's not the least bit constructive
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2