Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

I know how Master Chief looks like

OP SectionUnity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
a real shame, imo, that they showed his eyes/face/whatever in h4 legendary ending. chief is a vessel for the player so that the player can imagine themselves as the chief. any specificity as to what his identity ruins that, again imo
Except we've known he has brown hair and blue eyes since fairly early on. He may be someone for the player to project themselves upon, but he is his own character. Also, a character doesn't need to look like you, or any one else in order for you to project yourself on them.
I honestly never played through the game as if I was the chief or related to him. I just enjoyed the lore of the game. Never felt a connection
Cortana doesn't look like Jen Taylor, Sarah Palmer doesn't look like Jennifer Hale, Thomas Lasky doesn't look like Darren O'Hare. The only reason we are see more characters with the same face as the actors playing them now is because it many times easier to rotoscope someone's face into a game engine then to make it from scratch. Assuming that is the way they go with MCs face then I can think of a lot of other actors that visually fit the bill better than Steve Downes. Also as far as I'm concerned This is what Chief looks like.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2