OP X11 XOMAN

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Maybe he could return as a firefight voice, that would be nice to hear again.
BChilly521 wrote:
BChilly521 wrote:
actually it is not impossible. if 343 guilty spark survived then so could johnson
not even remotely the same thing. johnson is human. guilty spark is a forerunner made ai thing. whena human dies you cant just magically bring them back as even in the future of halo there isnt magic revival stuff. spark did come back yes but the circumstances surrounding spark returning are explained and make sense in the halo universe.

There is no method that would bring a dead human back to life in the halo universe as far as I know.
im not saying that. im saying that in the forerunner saga, chakas was injured badly so they uploaded his mind into 343 so maybe johnson could be ressurected as an ancilla or forerunner AI. Its possible that he was saved
Possibly.
BChilly521 wrote:
BChilly521 wrote:
actually it is not impossible. if 343 guilty spark survived then so could johnson
not even remotely the same thing. johnson is human. guilty spark is a forerunner made ai thing. whena human dies you cant just magically bring them back as even in the future of halo there isnt magic revival stuff. spark did come back yes but the circumstances surrounding spark returning are explained and make sense in the halo universe.

There is no method that would bring a dead human back to life in the halo universe as far as I know.
im not saying that. im saying that in the forerunner saga, chakas was injured badly so they uploaded his mind into 343 so maybe johnson could be ressurected as an ancilla or forerunner AI. Its possible that he was saved
The problem here is that we see Johnson die in Chief’s arms. Getting Composed requires living beings. There’d be no reason for a corpse to be saved. And given we’ve had plenty of forces running around the Ark, if Johnson survived in any capacity it’d be found by now.

Something being possible doesn’t mean it’s actually probable or likely.
This question has been asked before. And while I am pretty confident he is dead, there is a small chance he is alive.

Things we are confident in:

• We see him fall and stop breathing in Halo 3's ending. Meaning he died.
  • He asked to be sent out with a bang.
  • He was left behind.
Things that may have happened:

• He appeared dead and his breathing was so faint, even Chief couldn't detect it.
  • He was a Spartan 1. Meaning he could have survived that blast from Spark.
  • The initial firing radius (starting point) of the rings is not known. The ring may not be able to eliminate anyone in the control room since it is possible the ring's starting point for destruction begins outside the ring's diameter.
  • He could have been healed by several people or even Engineers.
  • In the book Halo: Hunters in the Dark. There is no mention of Johnson's body recovery. Meaning he may have gotten up and walked away.
It is a slim chance. But there is a chance he survived.
BChilly521 wrote:
BChilly521 wrote:

The problem here is that we see Johnson die in Chief’s arms. Getting Composed requires living beings. There’d be no reason for a corpse to be saved. And given we’ve had plenty of forces running around the Ark, if Johnson survived in any capacity it’d be found by now.

getting composed is different, they can use minds of dead or injured people to create AI. it would be fun having johnson as an AI. for instance roland was based off of a fighter pilot from WWII
Standard issue Sgt. Johnson-based AI for rookie Spartan-IVs in training, created just like Dr. Halsey & Cortana. BOOM. You're welcome.

Or Johnson was a part of the secret UNSC clone program... but if that were true, Spartan-IVs wouldn't be necessary, and they'd probably go all Star Wars Clone Wars making Spartan-III John-117s

EDIT: backread one post to realize I'm late to the AI party.. heh. Great minds, eh?
Maybe in an Easter egg? But not in person. He’s dead. But before we see Sarge as an Easter Egg, I want Chips Dubbo to show up.
Chips Dubbo and Marcus Stacker both still remain alive. So perhaps we can most certainly be seeing both of them in Halo Infinite and they can be helping the Master Chief in the battle against the Banished.
Well I think a nice thing could be if say, Chief fell out of a ship, as he does, and while he is groggily waking up from the impact he has a slight hallucination (a la Halo ) as he's getting up, of Johnson say "Damn fool, why do you always jump? One of these days you're gonna land on something as stubborn as you are, and I don't do bits and pieces." Reaching a hand to John and giving him the motivation to pick himself back up and keep going. I think it would be a nice reference, and allow Johnson to appear in the game in a way that both has an impact, and makes sense.

Alternatively, he could just show up, and when asked about it, simply reply: "It's classified". However, I think him being alive could lead to some anger in the community.
Well I think a nice thing could be if say, Chief fell out of a ship, as he does, and while he is groggily waking up from the impact he has a slight hallucination (a la Halo ) as he's getting up, of Johnson say "Damn fool, why do you always jump? One of these days you're gonna land on something as stubborn as you are, and I don't do bits and pieces." Reaching a hand to John and giving him the motivation to pick himself back up and keep going. I think it would be a nice reference, and allow Johnson to appear in the game in a way that both has an impact, and makes sense.

Alternatively, he could just show up, and when asked about it, simply reply: "It's classified". However, I think him being alive could lead to some anger in the community.
Maybe some fans would to be mad if he came back from the dead for some reason but I would be okay with it what makes me mad is how much they've lowered the ammo over the years they basically made the ammo capacity massive suck

Oh, I would love it if that happened. Just like Halo 2! Johnson needs to return. Everything was better with him around! If he was in Halo 4 and 5, those games might have been a little more bearable. Those people can blather about "ruining the emotional impact" or whatever as much as they like, but the game came out in 2007, for goodness' sake! What emotional impact is there left? And from my experience, the feeling of joy when a character who was thought to be lost returns far outweighs any feeling of sorrow at their loss, regardless of how well their 'death' was done.
...unless it is a villain, but that goes without saying!
BChilly521 wrote:
BChilly521 wrote:
BChilly521 wrote:

getting composed is different, they can use minds of dead or injured people to create AI. it would be fun having johnson as an AI. for instance roland was based off of a fighter pilot from WWII
The way the UNSC create AI and the way the Composer does it are very similar. Both use organic tissue that destroys the original material, the brain with the UNSC and whole body with composition. Either way, Johnson’s body was on a Halo ring that was blasted to bits. There’d be nothing to salvage.

A training simulation that simulates him? Got no real issue there. But outright just bringing him back because y’all have been huffing nostalgia like an aerosol? No.
He technically could return as a flood form
That'd be like if Palpatine came back after episode 6 of Star Wars... Oh, wait....
We like Johnson because of his death too, bring him back and he will not have the same charisma as right now.
once i read a theory that jhonson would come back as an AI
That'd be like if Palpatine came back after episode 6 of Star Wars... Oh, wait....
We dont talk about those... things
yeah.. no he's not coming back
no johnson needs to stay dead. 343 needs some since of mortality in their games. Cortana should have not died or stayed dead and that is also true with Johnson
Not happening but he could return in other ways.

Some AI chooses him as an avatar?
There is some sort of a museum in the game where we can find a memorial dedicated to him.
An emblem that pays tribute?

Off topic, does anyone else miss lord Hood?
He could be a clone, or an a.i.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5