Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] I really don’t understand...

OP lil kdawg jr

Why take away a customization part of halo that’s been in the game since day one? Using the armor coating system doesn’t help people customize themselves it’s honestly a handicap unless you put every foreseeable mix match of colors in the coatings. For example my color is primary black and secondary green unless you add the coating system along side the traditional system then a lot of people are gonna be unhappy.
They're taking away a feature that has been a part of every game, monetising it and trying to make it look like they are increasing player choice. Restricting players to only colours they have unlocked reduces choice and we cannot let them fooling us into believing otherwise

But on a more positive note the armour is actually looking really good IMO, today's render with scuffs etc. is really impressive
I figured this coating system would be all different patterns and textures and the player could pick individual colors. If that was the case then this system would be dope but no it seems like colors are gonna be locked behind a paywall. This is bs and 343 should change this before it’s too late.
I figured this coating system would be all different patterns and textures and the player could pick individual colors. If that was the case then this system would be dope but no it seems like colors are gonna be locked behind a paywall. This is bs and 343 should change this before it’s too late.
With the promotions all set in place I'd say it's already too late mate
I’m trying to be hopeful. I mean it seems like a simple change to just allow players to change color pieces they wish and monetize the patterns and textures. I really hope this is fixed because it will kill customization
but there was a line that said that some might be earned in game so I think he promitnal stuff is just prodigal stuff and that there maybe more in game ways to earn them
im not mad. just disappointed...
It's a really surprising move, that's for sure. I'm sure they knew they would get backlash but still decided to go through with it.

Maybe that means they really believe it will suffice, so I'm going to reserve judgment until I see its implementation.
I haven't complained about anything we've seen yet (I was even willing to overlook the graphical issues in the campaign demo) but this is incredibly disappointing. Halo just will not work with a shader system.
nah its a bs $ move. Customization behind paywalls is complete bs. Its quite literally IDENTITY THEFT at its finest.
They're taking away a feature that has been a part of every game, monetising it and trying to make it look like they are increasing player choice. Restricting players to only colours they have unlocked reduces choice and we cannot let them fooling us into believing otherwise

But on a more positive note the armour is actually looking really good IMO, today's render with scuffs etc. is really impressive
I guess that's the cost of Free to Play.
I'm definitely disappointed with that and now I'm wondering how do emblem colours work?
Are they also baked into the emblem?
Can people who have used the same emblem since Halo 2 continued to do so?

I'm expecting everything that can be monitised will be monitised from here on out, which is absolutely a shame.

However the armour looks brilliant though so that is a positive.

I'm definitely disappointed with that and now I'm wondering how do emblem colours work? Are they also baked into the emblem?

I'm expecting everything that can be monitised will be monitised from here on out, which is absolutely a shame.
I could be wrong, but didn't they already confirm in the last update that Infinite will have a similar emblem/nameplate system to Halo 5?

I'm definitely disappointed with that and now I'm wondering how do emblem colours work? Are they also baked into the emblem?

I could be wrong, but didn't they already confirm in the last update that Infinite will have a similar emblem/nameplate system to Halo 5?
I think so, but in Halo 5 you could at least customise colours? Is that still happening?

I think so, but in Halo 5 you could at least customise colours? Is that still happening?
Hopefully...
What a load of B.S. I'd be alright with it if the game allowed me to choose what colours I want and the coatings were just an extra way to move those colours to different spots of the armour (like skins in Halo 4/5) or add extra layers of weathering to the armour. But no. 343 had to go and find a way to -Yoink- it up. What in their delusional minds makes them think this is a good alternative to what we had before? Are they genuinely thinking that having to BUY certain colours is an improvement over what we've had before? And most of the time in team-based gamemodes, your Spartan's colour doesn't even show up! So what's the point?!

This game hasn't even come out yet and I'm already second-guessing if I want to get it or not. I might just ride this one out and stay on MCC if something as sacred as armour customisation is getting fiddled with like this.
It's an absolute joke. It's the same thing Halo 5 did with its armours and emblems, but now even worse. We have always been able to choose the colour of our armour. The only reasons for this are monetisation, a sense of pride and accomplishment, or for the fun of it - all of which are insulting.

I'm not going to support this practise. Halo 5 was the only game I've given the benefit of the doubt to, which was purely because of my love for Halo. I'm not doing it again. Unless this changes, or is a misunderstanding, I'm not buying the game.
Let's keep feedback regarding armor coatings to this thread.