Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Idea for a new Skull: Custom Edition

OP Saint Miroku

I don't know if it would be possible to implement something like this or if it's been suggested already, but I thought that a cool idea for a silver (non gameplay altering) skull in Halo: Infinite could be one that switches the in game player model from being Master Chief over to being your Multiplayer Spartan (or Elite, if they're playable) complete with all of the armor and color options (I randomly came up with the name "Custom Edition" just for the title).

This would obviously only affect the Chief in game (since the Cutscenes will likely be pre-rendered), but it would be a way of bringing back Halo: Reach's customizable characters in campaign without taking away the ability for people to play as the Chief complete with his armor as well as not breaking the story (since skulls are optional and non canon).
Why would cutscenes be pre-rendered? The E3 '19 trailer was running in real-time, and it's the opening cutscene of the game.

In any case, I'd LOVE for this to happen. It'd help with immersion, but the only problem I see is in parts where Chief speaks, in which case 343 has to make work-arounds so our mute character doesn't speak (if they speak, we're just playing as anyone else, a reason why I can't fully immerse myself in Reach).
Eh, I don't really care if this is a thing or not. I like playing as the Master Chief. I also liked played as my multiplayer character in Halo Reach. I don't think it would work naratively if you replaced the chief with my character from multiplayer. I do think it would be interesting to have some new skulls added in but I haven't even spent time thinking about what new skulls I'd like to see added because there are so many other things that need to be done correctly that are far more important to me than new skulls in Halo.
Why would cutscenes be pre-rendered? The E3 '19 trailer was running in real-time, and it's the opening cutscene of the game.

In any case, I'd LOVE for this to happen. It'd help with immersion, but the only problem I see is in parts where Chief speaks, in which case 343 has to make work-arounds so our mute character doesn't speak (if they speak, we're just playing as anyone else, a reason why I can't fully immerse myself in Reach).
They could allow for voice characters to choose from. why limit ourselves lmao. Kinda like firefight from reach. Itd be pretty funny if they micro transactioned it with celebrities from the real world. Id totally love to hear snoop dogg as my customized master chief.
iSethFPS wrote:

They could allow for voice characters to choose from. why limit ourselves lmao. Kinda like firefight from reach. Itd be pretty funny if they micro transactioned it with celebrities from the real world. Id totally love to hear snoop dogg as my customized master chief.
I honestly would just make my own Spartan mute. After all, if I want it to be ME, I wouldn't want him to suddenly speak with a voice completely different to mine.
sounds like a nice little feature... if it is easy to implement, why not? question is: would it be part of the LASO difficulty? (but thats also not really a big question since it wouldn't change anything but the player model)
Good idea, I always loved seeing my own character in a cutscene.
why not just finally be able to custom chief? their are plenty of other games out their that let you change the main character already. why does my chief have to look like your chief?
This sounds interesting (I'm new btw)