1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I would try to make a Halo game where everyone can customize their spartan the way I would do this is you would find the armor in the game and you would be able to find it in the easiest difficulty setting none of this being only able to find it in legendary bull crap the reason is like I said before not everyone has internet or can afford internet
What does Legendary have to do with internet? But for real, why should players who play on Legendary not get rewarded? Doesn't make much sense.
tuhin94 wrote:
What does Legendary have to do with internet? But for real, why should players who play on Legendary not get rewarded? Doesn't make much sense.
I agree, armor unlocked as a reward after completing Legendary Campaign feel like it is earned and give the player satisfaction over completing it.
Legendary can be extremely difficult if you play in solo but is also rewarding because you acquire better reflexes and a better understanding of the levels you're playing.
You may die multiple times but you will gain much more experience as a player (but Legendary with friends is always fun).
Periods are your Friends; use them.
There definitely needs to be a proper reward system. Want chiefs armour? Complete the campaign. Want Mark 5? Do it legendary. Mark 4? Do it LASO. Want Gungnir? Get a double kill with one splasher shot in pvp. Want Scout? Get sniper kills. Want recon? Get assassinations or something you get the idea.

There should be a credit system like reach as well for armour attachments, skins and effects.
There definitely needs to be a proper reward system. Want chiefs armour? Complete the campaign. Want Mark 5? Do it legendary. Mark 4? Do it LASO. Want Gungnir? Get a double kill with one splasher shot in pvp. Want Scout? Get sniper kills. Want recon? Get assassinations or something you get the idea.

There should be a credit system like reach as well for armour attachments, skins and effects.
Please not LASO!
Bring back vidmaster challenges?
M0hammed wrote:
There definitely needs to be a proper reward system. Want chiefs armour? Complete the campaign. Want Mark 5? Do it legendary. Mark 4? Do it LASO. Want Gungnir? Get a double kill with one splasher shot in pvp. Want Scout? Get sniper kills. Want recon? Get assassinations or something you get the idea.

There should be a credit system like reach as well for armour attachments, skins and effects.
Please not LASO!
Why not? Why not have a reward or armour piece that let's you proclaim on visuals alone "I completed LASO". It'll be hard but then you'll be part of the small population that put the effort in for the bragging rights and the cool armour. Imagine being one of the few who earned that unique and hard to aquire item. Feels good when it happens. Fustrating till then
M0hammed wrote:
There definitely needs to be a proper reward system. Want chiefs armour? Complete the campaign. Want Mark 5? Do it legendary. Mark 4? Do it LASO. Want Gungnir? Get a double kill with one splasher shot in pvp. Want Scout? Get sniper kills. Want recon? Get assassinations or something you get the idea.

There should be a credit system like reach as well for armour attachments, skins and effects.
Please not LASO!
Why not? Why not have a reward or armour piece that let's you proclaim on visuals alone "I completed LASO". It'll be hard but then you'll be part of the small population that put the effort in for the bragging rights and the cool armour. Imagine being one of the few who earned that unique and hard to aquire item. Feels good when it happens. Fustrating till then
I don't know that a whole armor set should be locked behind LASO , but I could see a particular helmet or chest piece (Hyabusa w/ sword , for example [I know Hyabusa isn't likely to return , but you get the point]). I would prefer the LASO and Speed run challenges unlock variants , colors , or nameplates/symbol designs........special indicators for bragging rights I get , the coolest / best looking pieces in the game.......not so much.
Sunsdune wrote:
M0hammed wrote:
There definitely needs to be a proper reward system. Want chiefs armour? Complete the campaign. Want Mark 5? Do it legendary. Mark 4? Do it LASO. Want Gungnir? Get a double kill with one splasher shot in pvp. Want Scout? Get sniper kills. Want recon? Get assassinations or something you get the idea.

There should be a credit system like reach as well for armour attachments, skins and effects.
Please not LASO!
Why not? Why not have a reward or armour piece that let's you proclaim on visuals alone "I completed LASO". It'll be hard but then you'll be part of the small population that put the effort in for the bragging rights and the cool armour. Imagine being one of the few who earned that unique and hard to aquire item. Feels good when it happens. Fustrating till then
I don't know that a whole armor set should be locked behind LASO , but I could see a particular helmet or chest piece (Hyabusa w/ sword , for example [I know Hyabusa isn't likely to return , but you get the point]). I would prefer the LASO and Speed run challenges unlock variants , colors , or nameplates/symbol designs........special indicators for bragging rights I get , the coolest / best looking pieces in the game.......not so much.
Why have one locked behind LASO? Remember the vidmaster challenges? A helmet was locked behind a series of hard achievements. I don't see why there cant be a set locked behind one really hard challenge
Sunsdune wrote:
M0hammed wrote:
There definitely needs to be a proper reward system. Want chiefs armour? Complete the campaign. Want Mark 5? Do it legendary. Mark 4? Do it LASO. Want Gungnir? Get a double kill with one splasher shot in pvp. Want Scout? Get sniper kills. Want recon? Get assassinations or something you get the idea.

There should be a credit system like reach as well for armour attachments, skins and effects.
Please not LASO!
Why not? Why not have a reward or armour piece that let's you proclaim on visuals alone "I completed LASO". It'll be hard but then you'll be part of the small population that put the effort in for the bragging rights and the cool armour. Imagine being one of the few who earned that unique and hard to aquire item. Feels good when it happens. Fustrating till then
I don't know that a whole armor set should be locked behind LASO , but I could see a particular helmet or chest piece (Hyabusa w/ sword , for example [I know Hyabusa isn't likely to return , but you get the point]). I would prefer the LASO and Speed run challenges unlock variants , colors , or nameplates/symbol designs........special indicators for bragging rights I get , the coolest / best looking pieces in the game.......not so much.
Why have one locked behind LASO? Remember the vidmaster challenges? A helmet was locked behind a series of hard achievements. I don't see why there cant be a set locked behind one really hard challenge
Yes I remember them , and I also remember that all of them required a team. Granted this didn't make all of them easier (looking at you ODST) , but it made all of them fun and entertaining at least , LASO is just an experiment in frustration for most players. As I said , I get bragging rights .......but locking one of the better sets behind a challenge that most people won't even attempt , much less complete , is a total waste of time and resources better spent elsewhere.

Seriously , if you look at Halo 3 and Recon.....there were people who were willing to pay for accounts just to have it. When that happens all your bragging rights go out the window , along with any credibility the piece or pieces bring.
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
M0hammed wrote:
There definitely needs to be a proper reward system. Want chiefs armour? Complete the campaign. Want Mark 5? Do it legendary. Mark 4? Do it LASO. Want Gungnir? Get a double kill with one splasher shot in pvp. Want Scout? Get sniper kills. Want recon? Get assassinations or something you get the idea.

There should be a credit system like reach as well for armour attachments, skins and effects.
Please not LASO!
Why not? Why not have a reward or armour piece that let's you proclaim on visuals alone "I completed LASO". It'll be hard but then you'll be part of the small population that put the effort in for the bragging rights and the cool armour. Imagine being one of the few who earned that unique and hard to aquire item. Feels good when it happens. Fustrating till then
I don't know that a whole armor set should be locked behind LASO , but I could see a particular helmet or chest piece (Hyabusa w/ sword , for example [I know Hyabusa isn't likely to return , but you get the point]). I would prefer the LASO and Speed run challenges unlock variants , colors , or nameplates/symbol designs........special indicators for bragging rights I get , the coolest / best looking pieces in the game.......not so much.
Why have one locked behind LASO? Remember the vidmaster challenges? A helmet was locked behind a series of hard achievements. I don't see why there cant be a set locked behind one really hard challenge
Yes I remember them , and I also remember that all of them required a team. Granted this didn't make all of them easier (looking at you ODST) , but it made all of them fun and entertaining at least , LASO is just an experiment in frustration for most players. As I said , I get bragging rights .......but locking one of the better sets behind a challenge that most people won't even attempt , much less complete , is a total waste of time and resources better spent elsewhere.

Seriously , if you look at Halo 3 and Recon.....there were people who were willing to pay for accounts just to have it. When that happens all your bragging rights go out the window , along with any credibility the piece or pieces bring.
So because some people are dumb enough to buy an account for an armour set then LASO, or any difficult challenge, shouldn't be in the next halo? (I know that's not what you mean I'm just making a point) whether it's a series of hard challenges or just one there should a good reward for completing it and I don't see why an armour set can't be the reward. Especially a good armour set. I look at MCC and I want to do the LASO play lists but a banner isn't enough for me to attempt them. If I was unlocking some armour or special effect then I'd be way more determined to try. Give people a reason to try and they will put the effort in. Initially I only used LASO an example for the unlock system but now I actually want something to entice me into the challenge otherwise then no one actually will give LASO a go without a good reward to bring them into it
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
M0hammed wrote:
There definitely needs to be a proper reward system. Want chiefs armour? Complete the campaign. Want Mark 5? Do it legendary. Mark 4? Do it LASO. Want Gungnir? Get a double kill with one splasher shot in pvp. Want Scout? Get sniper kills. Want recon? Get assassinations or something you get the idea.

There should be a credit system like reach as well for armour attachments, skins and effects.
Please not LASO!
Why not? Why not have a reward or armour piece that let's you proclaim on visuals alone "I completed LASO". It'll be hard but then you'll be part of the small population that put the effort in for the bragging rights and the cool armour. Imagine being one of the few who earned that unique and hard to aquire item. Feels good when it happens. Fustrating till then
I don't know that a whole armor set should be locked behind LASO , but I could see a particular helmet or chest piece (Hyabusa w/ sword , for example [I know Hyabusa isn't likely to return , but you get the point]). I would prefer the LASO and Speed run challenges unlock variants , colors , or nameplates/symbol designs........special indicators for bragging rights I get , the coolest / best looking pieces in the game.......not so much.
Why have one locked behind LASO? Remember the vidmaster challenges? A helmet was locked behind a series of hard achievements. I don't see why there cant be a set locked behind one really hard challenge
Yes I remember them , and I also remember that all of them required a team. Granted this didn't make all of them easier (looking at you ODST) , but it made all of them fun and entertaining at least , LASO is just an experiment in frustration for most players. As I said , I get bragging rights .......but locking one of the better sets behind a challenge that most people won't even attempt , much less complete , is a total waste of time and resources better spent elsewhere.

Seriously , if you look at Halo 3 and Recon.....there were people who were willing to pay for accounts just to have it. When that happens all your bragging rights go out the window , along with any credibility the piece or pieces bring.
So because some people are dumb enough to buy an account for an armour set then LASO, or any difficult challenge, shouldn't be in the next halo? (I know that's not what you mean I'm just making a point) whether it's a series of hard challenges or just one there should a good reward for completing it and I don't see why an armour set can't be the reward. Especially a good armour set. I look at MCC and I want to do the LASO play lists but a banner isn't enough for me to attempt them. If I was unlocking some armour or special effect then I'd be way more determined to try. Give people a reason to try and they will put the effort in. Initially I only used LASO an example for the unlock system but now I actually want something to entice me into the challenge otherwise then no one actually will give LASO a go without a good reward to bring them into it
Because cool armors that people can't get , incentivizes a "black market" for them that inherently decreases the value of said items. I'm not saying a good reward is not eligible. I am saying that by maximizing the reward , you are incentivizing the have-nots to go to ridiculous lengths in which to get it , which in the long run completely destroys the point of the reward.
Also , the people doing LASO , has always been basically the same crowd. The super fan who loves the challenge of high difficulty. People were doing LASO runs before we as a community even knew what LASO was. The point of it is challenging yourself , the reward is the satisfaction that you can do something most Halo players can't. People have been LASO-ing since Halo 2 , for no reward.
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
M0hammed wrote:
There definitely needs to be a proper reward system. Want chiefs armour? Complete the campaign. Want Mark 5? Do it legendary. Mark 4? Do it LASO. Want Gungnir? Get a double kill with one splasher shot in pvp. Want Scout? Get sniper kills. Want recon? Get assassinations or something you get the idea.

There should be a credit system like reach as well for armour attachments, skins and effects.
Please not LASO!
Why not? Why not have a reward or armour piece that let's you proclaim on visuals alone "I completed LASO". It'll be hard but then you'll be part of the small population that put the effort in for the bragging rights and the cool armour. Imagine being one of the few who earned that unique and hard to aquire item. Feels good when it happens. Fustrating till then
I don't know that a whole armor set should be locked behind LASO , but I could see a particular helmet or chest piece (Hyabusa w/ sword , for example [I know Hyabusa isn't likely to return , but you get the point]). I would prefer the LASO and Speed run challenges unlock variants , colors , or nameplates/symbol designs........special indicators for bragging rights I get , the coolest / best looking pieces in the game.......not so much.
Why have one locked behind LASO? Remember the vidmaster challenges? A helmet was locked behind a series of hard achievements. I don't see why there cant be a set locked behind one really hard challenge
Yes I remember them , and I also remember that all of them required a team. Granted this didn't make all of them easier (looking at you ODST) , but it made all of them fun and entertaining at least , LASO is just an experiment in frustration for most players. As I said , I get bragging rights .......but locking one of the better sets behind a challenge that most people won't even attempt , much less complete , is a total waste of time and resources better spent elsewhere.

Seriously , if you look at Halo 3 and Recon.....there were people who were willing to pay for accounts just to have it. When that happens all your bragging rights go out the window , along with any credibility the piece or pieces bring.
So because some people are dumb enough to buy an account for an armour set then LASO, or any difficult challenge, shouldn't be in the next halo? (I know that's not what you mean I'm just making a point) whether it's a series of hard challenges or just one there should a good reward for completing it and I don't see why an armour set can't be the reward. Especially a good armour set. I look at MCC and I want to do the LASO play lists but a banner isn't enough for me to attempt them. If I was unlocking some armour or special effect then I'd be way more determined to try. Give people a reason to try and they will put the effort in. Initially I only used LASO an example for the unlock system but now I actually want something to entice me into the challenge otherwise then no one actually will give LASO a go without a good reward to bring them into it
Because cool armors that people can't get , incentivizes a "black market" for them that inherently decreases the value of said items. I'm not saying a good reward is not eligible. I am saying that by maximizing the reward , you are incentivizing the have-nots to go to ridiculous lengths in which to get it , which in the long run completely destroys the point of the reward.
So because it MIGHT develop into people selling accounts there shouldn't be a good reward for a difficult challenge? I'm sorry but that's not really a valid reason to not have a really good reward for a really hard challenge. If someone wants to buy an account solely because it has an armour set that was hard to unlock then that's on them to make that choice. Which is something really stupid. Would you do it? No I doubt you would you seem to have decent head on your shoulders. Would you attempt LASO if the reward was good enough. Probably I think you'd attempt it at least. Would you not attempt at all because LASO is hard? I can see that with you too but that's on you to decide to take the challenge or not. Back with the vidmaster challenges I was eager to get them done and completed because I wanted recon even tho I don't think it actually looks that good. I just liked the challenge. To deny gamers like me a challenge and reward for completing the challenge because a minority might sell accounts just seems unreasonable to me. X11 XOMAN private messaged me suggesting that there shouldn't be a hard challenge with a good reward because casual gamers wouldn't bother trying LASO. But the beauty of campaign is that you don't have to do it all at once. You can take your time to break through the barrier so casual gamers can still do it if they felt like it. You're telling me that some people might sell accounts which "decreases the value" but I don't think that's true because value is subjective. Especially with fictional items like armour in a game. People who earned it will still hold it in high value, they're not going to care how other people got it. They just care that they got it legitimately. So I will stand by my view that LASO can be used for some cool armour because everyone can achieve it if they want to
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
M0hammed wrote:
There definitely needs to be a proper reward system. Want chiefs armour? Complete the campaign. Want Mark 5? Do it legendary. Mark 4? Do it LASO. Want Gungnir? Get a double kill with one splasher shot in pvp. Want Scout? Get sniper kills. Want recon? Get assassinations or something you get the idea.

There should be a credit system like reach as well for armour attachments, skins and effects.
Please not LASO!
Why not? Why not have a reward or armour piece that let's you proclaim on visuals alone "I completed LASO". It'll be hard but then you'll be part of the small population that put the effort in for the bragging rights and the cool armour. Imagine being one of the few who earned that unique and hard to aquire item. Feels good when it happens. Fustrating till then
I don't know that a whole armor set should be locked behind LASO , but I could see a particular helmet or chest piece (Hyabusa w/ sword , for example [I know Hyabusa isn't likely to return , but you get the point]). I would prefer the LASO and Speed run challenges unlock variants , colors , or nameplates/symbol designs........special indicators for bragging rights I get , the coolest / best looking pieces in the game.......not so much.
Why have one locked behind LASO? Remember the vidmaster challenges? A helmet was locked behind a series of hard achievements. I don't see why there cant be a set locked behind one really hard challenge
Yes I remember them , and I also remember that all of them required a team. Granted this didn't make all of them easier (looking at you ODST) , but it made all of them fun and entertaining at least , LASO is just an experiment in frustration for most players. As I said , I get bragging rights .......but locking one of the better sets behind a challenge that most people won't even attempt , much less complete , is a total waste of time and resources better spent elsewhere.

Seriously , if you look at Halo 3 and Recon.....there were people who were willing to pay for accounts just to have it. When that happens all your bragging rights go out the window , along with any credibility the piece or pieces bring.
So because some people are dumb enough to buy an account for an armour set then LASO, or any difficult challenge, shouldn't be in the next halo? (I know that's not what you mean I'm just making a point) whether it's a series of hard challenges or just one there should a good reward for completing it and I don't see why an armour set can't be the reward. Especially a good armour set. I look at MCC and I want to do the LASO play lists but a banner isn't enough for me to attempt them. If I was unlocking some armour or special effect then I'd be way more determined to try. Give people a reason to try and they will put the effort in. Initially I only used LASO an example for the unlock system but now I actually want something to entice me into the challenge otherwise then no one actually will give LASO a go without a good reward to bring them into it
Because cool armors that people can't get , incentivizes a "black market" for them that inherently decreases the value of said items. I'm not saying a good reward is not eligible. I am saying that by maximizing the reward , you are incentivizing the have-nots to go to ridiculous lengths in which to get it , which in the long run completely destroys the point of the reward.
So because it MIGHT develop into people selling accounts there shouldn't be a good reward for a difficult challenge? I'm sorry but that's not really a valid reason to not have a really good reward for a really hard challenge. If someone wants to buy an account solely because it has an armour set that was hard to unlock then that's on them to make that choice. Which is something really stupid. Would you do it? No I doubt you would you seem to have decent head on your shoulders. Would you attempt LASO if the reward was good enough. Probably I think you'd attempt it at least. Would you not attempt at all because LASO is hard? I can see that with you too but that's on you to decide to take the challenge or not. Back with the vidmaster challenges I was eager to get them done and completed because I wanted recon even tho I don't think it actually looks that good. I just liked the challenge. To deny gamers like me a challenge and reward for completing the challenge because a minority might sell accounts just seems unreasonable to me. X11 XOMAN private messaged me suggesting that there shouldn't be a hard challenge with a good reward because casual gamers wouldn't bother trying LASO. But the beauty of campaign is that you don't have to do it all at once. You can take your time to break through the barrier so casual gamers can still do it if they felt like it. You're telling me that some people might sell accounts which "decreases the value" but I don't think that's true because value is subjective. Especially with fictional items like armour in a game. People who earned it will still hold it in high value, they're not going to care how other people got it. They just care that they got it legitimately. So I will stand by my view that LASO can be used for some cool armour because everyone can achieve it if they want to
Go tell the bolded part to Halo 3 Fifty Ranks. So many who got it legitimately were derided and insulted ad nauseum , simply because it was a possibility they had bought it. So much so , that many of them were asking Bungie to either reset all accounts or their own , just to avoid the stigma. I had several friends capable of making 50 but never pushed because they didn't want the backlash. It's o.k. that we agree to disagree , and I hope you get what you want and it makes you very happy , just be warned there wil be those who will insult you just for being part of that group. I wish you luck.

Just an aside , No , I have not completed nor attempted LASO , I have no interest in subjugating myself to that type of masochism.....as the Black Widow said "there are some questions I don't need answered".
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
M0hammed wrote:
There definitely needs to be a proper reward system. Want chiefs armour? Complete the campaign. Want Mark 5? Do it legendary. Mark 4? Do it LASO. Want Gungnir? Get a double kill with one splasher shot in pvp. Want Scout? Get sniper kills. Want recon? Get assassinations or something you get the idea.

There should be a credit system like reach as well for armour attachments, skins and effects.
Please not LASO!
Why not? Why not have a reward or armour piece that let's you proclaim on visuals alone "I completed LASO". It'll be hard but then you'll be part of the small population that put the effort in for the bragging rights and the cool armour. Imagine being one of the few who earned that unique and hard to aquire item. Feels good when it happens. Fustrating till then
I don't know that a whole armor set should be locked behind LASO , but I could see a particular helmet or chest piece (Hyabusa w/ sword , for example [I know Hyabusa isn't likely to return , but you get the point]). I would prefer the LASO and Speed run challenges unlock variants , colors , or nameplates/symbol designs........special indicators for bragging rights I get , the coolest / best looking pieces in the game.......not so much.
Why have one locked behind LASO? Remember the vidmaster challenges? A helmet was locked behind a series of hard achievements. I don't see why there cant be a set locked behind one really hard challenge
Yes I remember them , and I also remember that all of them required a team. Granted this didn't make all of them easier (looking at you ODST) , but it made all of them fun and entertaining at least , LASO is just an experiment in frustration for most players. As I said , I get bragging rights .......but locking one of the better sets behind a challenge that most people won't even attempt , much less complete , is a total waste of time and resources better spent elsewhere.

Seriously , if you look at Halo 3 and Recon.....there were people who were willing to pay for accounts just to have it. When that happens all your bragging rights go out the window , along with any credibility the piece or pieces bring.
So because some people are dumb enough to buy an account for an armour set then LASO, or any difficult challenge, shouldn't be in the next halo? (I know that's not what you mean I'm just making a point) whether it's a series of hard challenges or just one there should a good reward for completing it and I don't see why an armour set can't be the reward. Especially a good armour set. I look at MCC and I want to do the LASO play lists but a banner isn't enough for me to attempt them. If I was unlocking some armour or special effect then I'd be way more determined to try. Give people a reason to try and they will put the effort in. Initially I only used LASO an example for the unlock system but now I actually want something to entice me into the challenge otherwise then no one actually will give LASO a go without a good reward to bring them into it
Because cool armors that people can't get , incentivizes a "black market" for them that inherently decreases the value of said items. I'm not saying a good reward is not eligible. I am saying that by maximizing the reward , you are incentivizing the have-nots to go to ridiculous lengths in which to get it , which in the long run completely destroys the point of the reward.
So because it MIGHT develop into people selling accounts there shouldn't be a good reward for a difficult challenge? I'm sorry but that's not really a valid reason to not have a really good reward for a really hard challenge. If someone wants to buy an account solely because it has an armour set that was hard to unlock then that's on them to make that choice. Which is something really stupid. Would you do it? No I doubt you would you seem to have decent head on your shoulders. Would you attempt LASO if the reward was good enough. Probably I think you'd attempt it at least. Would you not attempt at all because LASO is hard? I can see that with you too but that's on you to decide to take the challenge or not. Back with the vidmaster challenges I was eager to get them done and completed because I wanted recon even tho I don't think it actually looks that good. I just liked the challenge. To deny gamers like me a challenge and reward for completing the challenge because a minority might sell accounts just seems unreasonable to me. X11 XOMAN private messaged me suggesting that there shouldn't be a hard challenge with a good reward because casual gamers wouldn't bother trying LASO. But the beauty of campaign is that you don't have to do it all at once. You can take your time to break through the barrier so casual gamers can still do it if they felt like it. You're telling me that some people might sell accounts which "decreases the value" but I don't think that's true because value is subjective. Especially with fictional items like armour in a game. People who earned it will still hold it in high value, they're not going to care how other people got it. They just care that they got it legitimately. So I will stand by my view that LASO can be used for some cool armour because everyone can achieve it if they want to
Go tell the bolded part to Halo 3 Fifty Ranks. So many who got it legitimately were derided and insulted ad nauseum , simply because it was a possibility they had bought it. So much so , that many of them were asking Bungie to either reset all accounts or their own , just to avoid the stigma. I had several friends capable of making 50 but never pushed because they didn't want the backlash. It's o.k. that we agree to disagree , and I hope you get what you want and it makes you very happy , just be warned there wil be those who will insult you just for being part of that group. I wish you luck.

Just an aside , No , I have not completed nor attempted LASO , I have no interest in subjugating myself to that type of masochism.....as the Black Widow said "there are some questions I don't need answered".
Honestly if anyone insults me for completing LASO but they think I didn't actually do it. It wouldn't bother me in the same way when I've been called a hacker for being good at a game. People will always find a way to insult people but as long as you know you earned legitimately then why should you let some petty insults bother you? I will happily go tell the bolder part to Halo 3 50 ranks because if they feel hurt by strangers on the Internet then that's on them. If you don't want any challenges and rewards for doing hard things then what's the point of even having a hard mode? What's the point of having an unlock system if there isn't anything worth earning through different difficulties. If you don't want to attempt something hard then you don't really deserve to have something cool to show off in game. You knew how there's always people saying don't respond to trolls yet people do and wonder why they get backlash? Your friends who could made 50 should've gone and done it but if fear of a little online bullying stopped them then I'm sorry but they didn't deserve to reach 50. The point of a challenge is that the only one who stops you doing it, is you. "Oh no someone doesn't believe that I earned 50" woop de do. But don't deny other players a good reward because you don't want to challenge yourself to earn it.
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
M0hammed wrote:
There definitely needs to be a proper reward system. Want chiefs armour? Complete the campaign. Want Mark 5? Do it legendary. Mark 4? Do it LASO. Want Gungnir? Get a double kill with one splasher shot in pvp. Want Scout? Get sniper kills. Want recon? Get assassinations or something you get the idea.

There should be a credit system like reach as well for armour attachments, skins and effects.
Please not LASO!
Why not? Why not have a reward or armour piece that let's you proclaim on visuals alone "I completed LASO". It'll be hard but then you'll be part of the small population that put the effort in for the bragging rights and the cool armour. Imagine being one of the few who earned that unique and hard to aquire item. Feels good when it happens. Fustrating till then
I don't know that a whole armor set should be locked behind LASO , but I could see a particular helmet or chest piece (Hyabusa w/ sword , for example [I know Hyabusa isn't likely to return , but you get the point]). I would prefer the LASO and Speed run challenges unlock variants , colors , or nameplates/symbol designs........special indicators for bragging rights I get , the coolest / best looking pieces in the game.......not so much.
Why have one locked behind LASO? Remember the vidmaster challenges? A helmet was locked behind a series of hard achievements. I don't see why there cant be a set locked behind one really hard challenge
Yes I remember them , and I also remember that all of them required a team. Granted this didn't make all of them easier (looking at you ODST) , but it made all of them fun and entertaining at least , LASO is just an experiment in frustration for most players. As I said , I get bragging rights .......but locking one of the better sets behind a challenge that most people won't even attempt , much less complete , is a total waste of time and resources better spent elsewhere.

Seriously , if you look at Halo 3 and Recon.....there were people who were willing to pay for accounts just to have it. When that happens all your bragging rights go out the window , along with any credibility the piece or pieces bring.
So because some people are dumb enough to buy an account for an armour set then LASO, or any difficult challenge, shouldn't be in the next halo? (I know that's not what you mean I'm just making a point) whether it's a series of hard challenges or just one there should a good reward for completing it and I don't see why an armour set can't be the reward. Especially a good armour set. I look at MCC and I want to do the LASO play lists but a banner isn't enough for me to attempt them. If I was unlocking some armour or special effect then I'd be way more determined to try. Give people a reason to try and they will put the effort in. Initially I only used LASO an example for the unlock system but now I actually want something to entice me into the challenge otherwise then no one actually will give LASO a go without a good reward to bring them into it
Because cool armors that people can't get , incentivizes a "black market" for them that inherently decreases the value of said items. I'm not saying a good reward is not eligible. I am saying that by maximizing the reward , you are incentivizing the have-nots to go to ridiculous lengths in which to get it , which in the long run completely destroys the point of the reward.
Honestly if anyone insults me for completing LASO but they think I didn't actually do it. It wouldn't bother me in the same way when I've been called a hacker for being good at a game. People will always find a way to insult people but as long as you know you earned legitimately then why should you let some petty insults bother you? I will happily go tell the bolder part to Halo 3 50 ranks because if they feel hurt by strangers on the Internet then that's on them. If you don't want any challenges and rewards for doing hard things then what's the point of even having a hard mode? What's the point of having an unlock system if there isn't anything worth earning through different difficulties. If you don't want to attempt something hard then you don't really deserve to have something cool to show off in game. You knew how there's always people saying don't respond to trolls yet people do and wonder why they get backlash? Your friends who could made 50 should've gone and done it but if fear of a little online bullying stopped them then I'm sorry but they didn't deserve to reach 50. The point of a challenge is that the only one who stops you doing it, is you. "Oh no someone doesn't believe that I earned 50" woop de do. But don't deny other players a good reward because you don't want to challenge yourself to earn it.
Cool man , do you. But after you have been told you are trash and a cheat for about the thousandth time, it becomes quite old.......they didn't fear anything , but when it ruins what used to be a fun time , because you spend half the night hearing this crap ; there becomes a point where it's just not worth the hassle. When did I ever say that I wanted no reward for it........all I said was I disagree with it being an armor unlock. I think I see where you got confused.....I said people have been LASOing since Halo 2 for no reward......I was simply stating that LASO became a thing because super fans wanted a harder difficulty , and started doing it for no other reason than the challenge......sorry if I misrepresented the point.

And please stop with this "afraid to challenge your self.....and afraid of internet bullies". I never said any thing of the sort......it is not fear of anything.....it is tired of being harassed over a video game. And I don't play games to challenge myself , I play games to relax and enjoy time with friends or family.
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
M0hammed wrote:
There definitely needs to be a proper reward system. Want chiefs armour? Complete the campaign. Want Mark 5? Do it legendary. Mark 4? Do it LASO. Want Gungnir? Get a double kill with one splasher shot in pvp. Want Scout? Get sniper kills. Want recon? Get assassinations or something you get the idea.

There should be a credit system like reach as well for armour attachments, skins and effects.
Please not LASO!
Why not? Why not have a reward or armour piece that let's you proclaim on visuals alone "I completed LASO". It'll be hard but then you'll be part of the small population that put the effort in for the bragging rights and the cool armour. Imagine being one of the few who earned that unique and hard to aquire item. Feels good when it happens. Fustrating till then
I don't know that a whole armor set should be locked behind LASO , but I could see a particular helmet or chest piece (Hyabusa w/ sword , for example [I know Hyabusa isn't likely to return , but you get the point]). I would prefer the LASO and Speed run challenges unlock variants , colors , or nameplates/symbol designs........special indicators for bragging rights I get , the coolest / best looking pieces in the game.......not so much.
Why have one locked behind LASO? Remember the vidmaster challenges? A helmet was locked behind a series of hard achievements. I don't see why there cant be a set locked behind one really hard challenge
Yes I remember them , and I also remember that all of them required a team. Granted this didn't make all of them easier (looking at you ODST) , but it made all of them fun and entertaining at least , LASO is just an experiment in frustration for most players. As I said , I get bragging rights .......but locking one of the better sets behind a challenge that most people won't even attempt , much less complete , is a total waste of time and resources better spent elsewhere.

Seriously , if you look at Halo 3 and Recon.....there were people who were willing to pay for accounts just to have it. When that happens all your bragging rights go out the window , along with any credibility the piece or pieces bring.
So because some people are dumb enough to buy an account for an armour set then LASO, or any difficult challenge, shouldn't be in the next halo? (I know that's not what you mean I'm just making a point) whether it's a series of hard challenges or just one there should a good reward for completing it and I don't see why an armour set can't be the reward. Especially a good armour set. I look at MCC and I want to do the LASO play lists but a banner isn't enough for me to attempt them. If I was unlocking some armour or special effect then I'd be way more determined to try. Give people a reason to try and they will put the effort in. Initially I only used LASO an example for the unlock system but now I actually want something to entice me into the challenge otherwise then no one actually will give LASO a go without a good reward to bring them into it
Because cool armors that people can't get , incentivizes a "black market" for them that inherently decreases the value of said items. I'm not saying a good reward is not eligible. I am saying that by maximizing the reward , you are incentivizing the have-nots to go to ridiculous lengths in which to get it , which in the long run completely destroys the point of the reward.
Honestly if anyone insults me for completing LASO but they think I didn't actually do it. It wouldn't bother me in the same way when I've been called a hacker for being good at a game. People will always find a way to insult people but as long as you know you earned legitimately then why should you let some petty insults bother you? I will happily go tell the bolder part to Halo 3 50 ranks because if they feel hurt by strangers on the Internet then that's on them. If you don't want any challenges and rewards for doing hard things then what's the point of even having a hard mode? What's the point of having an unlock system if there isn't anything worth earning through different difficulties. If you don't want to attempt something hard then you don't really deserve to have something cool to show off in game. You knew how there's always people saying don't respond to trolls yet people do and wonder why they get backlash? Your friends who could made 50 should've gone and done it but if fear of a little online bullying stopped them then I'm sorry but they didn't deserve to reach 50. The point of a challenge is that the only one who stops you doing it, is you. "Oh no someone doesn't believe that I earned 50" woop de do. But don't deny other players a good reward because you don't want to challenge yourself to earn it.
Cool man , do you. But after you have been told you are trash and a cheat for about the thousandth time, it becomes quite old.......they didn't fear anything , but when it ruins what used to be a fun time , because you spend half the night hearing this crap ; there becomes a point where it's just not worth the hassle. When did I ever say that I wanted no reward for it........all I said was I disagree with it being an armor unlock.

And please stop with this "afraid to challenge your self.....and afraid of internet bullies". I never said any thing of the sort......it is not fear of anything.....it is tired of being harassed over a video game. And I don't play games to challenge myself , I play games to relax and enjoy time with friends or family.
Well the thing is I have called trash and a chat hundreds of times. Never stopped me enjoying my game. Why can't it be an armour unlock? Why? Is LASO is to exist it needs something that makes it worth attempting. No one cares for emblems or banners so armour makes the most sense as a reward. And it is fear to challenge yourself "I have no interest in subjugating myself to that type of masochism" just means "I don't want to do it because it's hard" but it's supposed to be hard which is why it needs an incentive to do it. Besides I never even said fear, you put that word there which tells me that's what you think of it. Letting other people bully you, sorry harass you, into disliking a game. Again that's on you for letting it get to you. I not saying you HAVE to challenge yourself. Im just saying if there's a challenge then let it be rewarding. Let the fustration finish with satisfaction otherwise there's no point of having LASO or anything like it all. If you play to relax then play to relax but don't tell me there shouldn't be an amazing thing behind something hard because you don't want to go through the difficulty of getting it
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
M0hammed wrote:
There definitely needs to be a proper reward system. Want chiefs armour? Complete the campaign. Want Mark 5? Do it legendary. Mark 4? Do it LASO. Want Gungnir? Get a double kill with one splasher shot in pvp. Want Scout? Get sniper kills. Want recon? Get assassinations or something you get the idea.

There should be a credit system like reach as well for armour attachments, skins and effects.
Please not LASO!
Why not? Why not have a reward or armour piece that let's you proclaim on visuals alone "I completed LASO". It'll be hard but then you'll be part of the small population that put the effort in for the bragging rights and the cool armour. Imagine being one of the few who earned that unique and hard to aquire item. Feels good when it happens. Fustrating till then
I don't know that a whole armor set should be locked behind LASO , but I could see a particular helmet or chest piece (Hyabusa w/ sword , for example [I know Hyabusa isn't likely to return , but you get the point]). I would prefer the LASO and Speed run challenges unlock variants , colors , or nameplates/symbol designs........special indicators for bragging rights I get , the coolest / best looking pieces in the game.......not so much.
Why have one locked behind LASO? Remember the vidmaster challenges? A helmet was locked behind a series of hard achievements. I don't see why there cant be a set locked behind one really hard challenge
Yes I remember them , and I also remember that all of them required a team. Granted this didn't make all of them easier (looking at you ODST) , but it made all of them fun and entertaining at least , LASO is just an experiment in frustration for most players. As I said , I get bragging rights .......but locking one of the better sets behind a challenge that most people won't even attempt , much less complete , is a total waste of time and resources better spent elsewhere.

Seriously , if you look at Halo 3 and Recon.....there were people who were willing to pay for accounts just to have it. When that happens all your bragging rights go out the window , along with any credibility the piece or pieces bring.
So because some people are dumb enough to buy an account for an armour set then LASO, or any difficult challenge, shouldn't be in the next halo? (I know that's not what you mean I'm just making a point) whether it's a series of hard challenges or just one there should a good reward for completing it and I don't see why an armour set can't be the reward. Especially a good armour set. I look at MCC and I want to do the LASO play lists but a banner isn't enough for me to attempt them. If I was unlocking some armour or special effect then I'd be way more determined to try. Give people a reason to try and they will put the effort in. Initially I only used LASO an example for the unlock system but now I actually want something to entice me into the challenge otherwise then no one actually will give LASO a go without a good reward to bring them into it
Because cool armors that people can't get , incentivizes a "black market" for them that inherently decreases the value of said items. I'm not saying a good reward is not eligible. I am saying that by maximizing the reward , you are incentivizing the have-nots to go to ridiculous lengths in which to get it , which in the long run completely destroys the point of the reward.
Honestly if anyone insults me for completing LASO but they think I didn't actually do it. It wouldn't bother me in the same way when I've been called a hacker for being good at a game. People will always find a way to insult people but as long as you know you earned legitimately then why should you let some petty insults bother you? I will happily go tell the bolder part to Halo 3 50 ranks because if they feel hurt by strangers on the Internet then that's on them. If you don't want any challenges and rewards for doing hard things then what's the point of even having a hard mode? What's the point of having an unlock system if there isn't anything worth earning through different difficulties. If you don't want to attempt something hard then you don't really deserve to have something cool to show off in game. You knew how there's always people saying don't respond to trolls yet people do and wonder why they get backlash? Your friends who could made 50 should've gone and done it but if fear of a little online bullying stopped them then I'm sorry but they didn't deserve to reach 50. The point of a challenge is that the only one who stops you doing it, is you. "Oh no someone doesn't believe that I earned 50" woop de do. But don't deny other players a good reward because you don't want to challenge yourself to earn it.
Nope not my word......yours. But if you really wanted it just to show off you completed it , why not an emblem or a name plate.....it does the same job. People see it in the lobby they know what it's for. Why does it need to be an armor piece? Couldn't it just as easily be a cool skin for an armor or weapon?
X11 XOMAN wrote:
I would try to make a Halo game where everyone can customize their spartan the way I would do this is you would find the armor in the game and you would be able to find it in the easiest difficulty setting none of this being only able to find it in legendary bull crap the reason is like I said before not everyone has internet or can afford internet
This is why giving participation medals to kids was a bad idea.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2