Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Ideas for multiplayer modes

OP BluePrefect2

Hey spartans with the recent release of the halo infinite trailer. We finally return to a halo installation and notice how they showed those spires that fire the blue beams. If this game features actual btb maps set on the halo ring they could make an invasion/warzone/king of the hill/strongholds gametypes where you have to capture certain areas on those spires and establish bases. I don't know what they could create with the new engine but it's great to think of the possibilities! What do you guys think?
So here’s what I think

Core game modes

Team slayer
Ctf
Assault
Free for all
Swat
Doubles
Multi team
Strongholds
King of the Hill
Oddball
Territories
Breakout (original)
Extermination (One of my favorite new modes)
Team snipers
Super/Orginal fiesta
Big team Battle (With actually dev made maps)
Infection
Action Sack

As for Warzone I think it should come back but after some serious changes to fix some of the issues like farming and stupid fast matches

For firefight I think the original should come back but however Warzone firefight should also come back but I think it should be given a new name because of how different it is to the original firefight
Yeah the firefight would have to change in order to go back to its roots. Also I wish they brought back regicide or vip in order to be sort of parallel to Halo 3.
I think a Clan vs Clan would be great for Clans
  • Elite Slayer
  • H3 ODST/Reach style Firefight
  • The normal main modes
  • Headhunter
  • Juggernaught
  • KOTH
  • A larger Warzone
I think Clans just need to stick to using Customs or possibly get a server that's dedicated to clans. If someone joins to troll, they should be reported and automatically be removed from the server.
xXMrSpecXx wrote:
  • Elite Slayer
  • H3 ODST/Reach style Firefight
  • The normal main modes
  • Headhunter
  • Juggernaught
  • KOTH
  • A larger Warzone
I think Clans just need to stick to using Customs or possibly get a server that's dedicated to clans. If someone joins to troll, they should be reported and automatically be removed from the server.
YES i think just for Clan can be great
I only need super fiesta to be in the game at launch.
Before we start talking about new Modes, bring the old Ones back!
I'm looking at Reach (and to an extend Halo: MCC as far as Submodes [I.E. One Flag, Neutral Bomb, Multi Bomb, Swat KotH, SwatBall, Swat CtF, etc.] as a Base.
Slayer (Super Slayer, Team Hotshot and more over the Top Modes for Action Sack as well)
Capture the Flag
Scrap this Multi Zone Crap Mode from Halo 5 and make it Kind of the Hill and Territories back instead
Infection (with Variations.. Maybe even an Custom Option for Safe Heavens
Team Swat (Submodes!)
Team Snipers
Stockpile
Headhunter
Team Regicide
ViP
Invasion (if there should be Elites)
Firefight
Warzone
Oddball and all (or most) other Modes I'm missing. I want that crazy Stuff like Hog Potato in Action Sack or at least as an Option for Custom Games.

I'm case of new Ones.. I don't know.. It's already a great Task to accomplish the old Modes.. xD
I would like to see some Special Events like in other Games like Battlefront 2, Battlefield or Destiny 2..
I hope Infinite ships with a starting playlist lineup like this.

RANKED
  • Lone Wolves (FFA Slayer)
  • Team Slayer (4v4 Slayer)
  • Team Objective (4v4 CTF, Oddball, KOTH)
  • SWAT (4v4 BR Only)
SOCIAL
  • Free for All (FFA Slayer, Oddball, KOTH, Headhunter, Juggernaut, Infection)
  • Social Slayer (4v4 or 5v5 Slayer)
  • Social Objective (CTF, Oddball, KOTH, Griffball)
  • BTB (8v8 Slayer, CTF)
OTHER
  • Warzone
  • Firefight
  • Custom Game Browser
I feel these playlists are simple and diverse. It keeps everything neat and clean with only 3-4 playlists per section. I've included stuff like Headhunter, Infection, and Grifball into other paylists because they aren't really big enough to merit their own playlists. This would keep things really diverse and everything from getting stale too quickly. Overall I think it's a good setup for population health and game longevity.

Also, I think we all agree it's time for that custom game browser.
I think it's early to be talking about playlists or modes. These are entirely dependent on map design and how many maps are compatible with said modes, which we don't have yet.
Besides the core mechanics of Slayer, BTB, and the like, I really hope they add in:
  • Invasion
  • Infection
  • Dominion (with more dynamic base building, it was kind of fun in H4)
  • Warzone
  • Reachesque firefight
Basically, a lot of the game modes in Reach. I feel like H4 and H5 were really lacking in diversity when it came to game modes, and could easily borrow from Reach.

As well, as has been mentioned above, a custom game browser. Where you could create custom lobbies that are either private or public, set up a custom game mode and a custom map, and just wait to see if people will join. Of course, having a search function for certain maps or game modes would be great. I remember countless custom game nights, and they were the peak of my Halo experience back around Reach, it'd be incredible to have it be easier to have large lobbies of people playing fun custom games like Toilet (from back in Reach), and would definitely help revitalize the sense of community from nearly a decade ago in this franchise.