Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Ideas for weapons

OP lV Anonymous VI

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I made this post for fun and to see what weapons people believe will fit into halo

one of the weapons I think would fit in is a sort of hand held launcher that can be used to force players into armour lock or at least disable them in someway, this would be useful in situations where there’s too many players to fight where the user can quickly stop some of the players until the others are defeated
I made this post for fun and to see what weapons people believe will fit into halo

one of the weapons I think would fit in is a sort of hand held launcher that can be used to force players into armour lock or at least disable them in someway, this would be useful in situations where there’s too many players to fight where the user can quickly stop some of the players until the others are defeated
I think a lot of people would either just hate that kind of weapon or just constantly want it nerfed. Just like in Halo: Reach when everyone complained about the Armor Lock until it got so nerfed that it became literally unusable. It was designed to survive damage that would have been fatal for a few seconds like getting run over or hit with explosives. In the end, it got nerfed to the point that using it just made you a free kill because it stopped neither.

Making weapons and abilities that fit in Halo isn't really all that easy. Because most people will just complain about it being overpowered or not fitting well within the universe.
I made this post for fun and to see what weapons people believe will fit into halo

one of the weapons I think would fit in is a sort of hand held launcher that can be used to force players into armour lock or at least disable them in someway, this would be useful in situations where there’s too many players to fight where the user can quickly stop some of the players until the others are defeated
A hard no to that and armour lock. Amour Lock was the most moronic thing Bungie ever did - I want it to never return.

*Spiker=stronger slower SMG which as you pump spikes into an enemy slows them a little and prevents them from sprinting for a moment. Assuming there's clambering in the game allow spikes shot into a wall to remain for a little while and be climbable. Surfaces covered with spikes from Spikers or Spike Grenades cause damage when walked on.

*Flood Bile Bag=acts like a grimy smoke grenade and also when thrown onto a hard surface it becomes slippery for a time.

*Needler=Traditional Needler function with a somewhat slow precision non-tracking alternate fire mode which replaces the Needle Rifle firing single shots that's weak against shields but supercombines unshielded enemies with 3 shots landed in succession.

*Sentinel Beam=Create damaging molten hotspots where fired on surfaces as a perhaps mostly subtle affect but can be used to help corner enemies. Replaces the Focus Rifle. Detonate and toss the weapon to use it like a Flare(fully depleting it and destroying it and duration is dependent on how much charge was left)
If the Brutes return in the form of the Banished I'd love to see a Brute sniper. Something with a mean look, like a bayonet on the front. And it should shoot a single hot spike. That would make it fit in with the Spiker, Brute Shot, Mauler and Spike Grenades. If it could pin people to surfaces: awesome. Basically it would function more like the Binary Rifle than the UNSC sniper.
Heronimon wrote:
I made this post for fun and to see what weapons people believe will fit into halo

one of the weapons I think would fit in is a sort of hand held launcher that can be used to force players into armour lock or at least disable them in someway, this would be useful in situations where there’s too many players to fight where the user can quickly stop some of the players until the others are defeated
A hard no to that and armour lock. Amour Lock was the most moronic thing Bungie ever did - I want it to never return.

*Spiker=stronger slower SMG which as you pump spikes into an enemy slows them a little and prevents them from sprinting for a moment. Assuming there's clambering in the game allow spikes shot into a wall to remain for a little while and be climbable. Surfaces covered with spikes from Spikers or Spike Grenades cause damage when walked on.

*Flood Bile Bag=acts like a grimy smoke grenade and also when thrown onto a hard surface it becomes slippery for a time.

*Needler=Traditional Needler function with a somewhat slow precision non-tracking alternate fire mode which replaces the Needle Rifle firing single shots that's weak against shields but supercombines unshielded enemies with 3 shots landed in succession.

*Sentinel Beam=Create damaging molten hotspots where fired on surfaces as a perhaps mostly subtle affect but can be used to help corner enemies. Replaces the Focus Rifle. Detonate and toss the weapon to use it like a Flare(fully depleting it and destroying it and duration is dependent on how much charge was left)
Cool ideas but I think your view on armour lock is biased as it’s good for most players but annoying for a few
DonVinzone wrote:
If the Brutes return in the form of the Banished I'd love to see a Brute sniper. Something with a mean look, like a bayonet on the front. And it should shoot a single hot spike. That would make it fit in with the Spiker, Brute Shot, Mauler and Spike Grenades. If it could pin people to surfaces: awesome. Basically it would function more like the Binary Rifle than the UNSC sniper.
That’s something I can get behind, I thought the brutes where really lacking in the long range weapon department
honor guard staff. Like a flag... one hit kill, but only melee range lunges.
detachable warthog turrets XD... ye... including gauss and rocket hogs (i know... you think wahts the point XD. Well to get into or through those narrower indoor places, or to prevent other players from using it)
knife... assasinations even from the front, but no lunge.
atriox/tautrus's hammer... eh not sure how this would work... especially in competitive gameplay but it would be cool... attract and smash.
Needler Rocket 🚀

Basically fires one huge crystal that would have tracking capabilities on vehicles. However firing it onto any surface, the ground, a wall, tree, rock etc; triggers a 2 sec delay and the giant crystal massively explodes in a beautiful pink cloud of death sending tiny shard fragments in a 360 killing any foes near by.
I believe that the reason that the sandbox is so chaotic, is because 343 added the Promethean faction. Here is why.

Example: The Scattershot is basically a weird Shotgun that turns people into glowing-Rad Filled-Corn-Flakes, hence it has no use in the sandbox besides complicating 343 employee's jobs and causing confusion, not to mention tipping balance due to it only being slightly different in stats and function to a Shotgun.

Remember those bliss filled days once upon a time in 2001 in which we had the perfect sandbox of Halo:CE? Yes! Remember those happy care-free days not so long ago in 2015 in which we had the fantastic sandbox of Halo 5? Me neither.

The very REASON that CE had such a great sandbox...is that it was small. For those who don't follow, what I mean is that a smaller sandbox allows for each weapon to have a unique and special role to play. In short, a Plasma Pistol cannot take down an entire Covenant battle group without some help.

My weapon idea is to fix the sandbox through a method that has been hiding in plain sight. What if we could make each faction have the exact same types of weapons with the exact same functions in their respective uses?

Example: A Beam Rifle has the EXACT same stats as a Sniper Rifle or a (modified Binary Rifle to make it more normal) but simply has a different model, sound effect, animation. The main difference is that you only see Beam Rifle's on Covenant, and you only see Binary Rifle's on Promethean's but they have the exact same stats.

Get the point? We can simply have almost as small a sandbox as CE, with just as much finesse. But have different skins for them based on the faction of who it came from. In multiplayer, you can unlock the different models from the other factions through a reach inspired credit system. This allows you in multiplayer to have variety, while having blunt simplicity.

What do you think?
Heronimon wrote:
I made this post for fun and to see what weapons people believe will fit into halo

one of the weapons I think would fit in is a sort of hand held launcher that can be used to force players into armour lock or at least disable them in someway, this would be useful in situations where there’s too many players to fight where the user can quickly stop some of the players until the others are defeated
A hard no to that and armour lock. Amour Lock was the most moronic thing Bungie ever did - I want it to never return.

*Spiker=stronger slower SMG which as you pump spikes into an enemy slows them a little and prevents them from sprinting for a moment. Assuming there's clambering in the game allow spikes shot into a wall to remain for a little while and be climbable. Surfaces covered with spikes from Spikers or Spike Grenades cause damage when walked on.

*Flood Bile Bag=acts like a grimy smoke grenade and also when thrown onto a hard surface it becomes slippery for a time.

*Needler=Traditional Needler function with a somewhat slow precision non-tracking alternate fire mode which replaces the Needle Rifle firing single shots that's weak against shields but supercombines unshielded enemies with 3 shots landed in succession.

*Sentinel Beam=Create damaging molten hotspots where fired on surfaces as a perhaps mostly subtle affect but can be used to help corner enemies. Replaces the Focus Rifle. Detonate and toss the weapon to use it like a Flare(fully depleting it and destroying it and duration is dependent on how much charge was left)
Cool ideas but I think your view on armour lock is biased as it’s good for most players but annoying for a few
Thank you.

You're kidding yourself if you think only a few people hate armour lock. Honestly, if armour lock returns I'll lobotomize myself with my keyboard.
I believe that the reason that the sandbox is so chaotic, is because 343 added the Promethean faction. Here is why.

Example: The Scattershot is basically a weird Shotgun that turns people into glowing-Rad Filled-Corn-Flakes, hence it has no use in the sandbox besides complicating 343 employee's jobs and causing confusion, not to mention tipping balance due to it only being slightly different in stats and function to a Shotgun.

Remember those bliss filled days once upon a time in 2001 in which we had the perfect sandbox of Halo:CE? Yes! Remember those happy care-free days not so long ago in 2015 in which we had the fantastic sandbox of Halo 5? Me neither.

The very REASON that CE had such a great sandbox...is that it was small. For those who don't follow, what I mean is that a smaller sandbox allows for each weapon to have a unique and special role to play. In short, a Plasma Pistol cannot take down an entire Covenant battle group without some help.

My weapon idea is to fix the sandbox through a method that has been hiding in plain sight. What if we could make each faction have the exact same types of weapons with the exact same functions in their respective uses?

Example: A Beam Rifle has the EXACT same stats as a Sniper Rifle or a (modified Binary Rifle to make it more normal) but simply has a different model, sound effect, animation. The main difference is that you only see Beam Rifle's on Covenant, and you only see Binary Rifle's on Promethean's but they have the exact same stats.

Get the point? We can simply have almost as small a sandbox as CE, with just as much finesse. But have different skins for them based on the faction of who it came from. In multiplayer, you can unlock the different models from the other factions through a reach inspired credit system. This allows you in multiplayer to have variety, while having blunt simplicity.

What do you think?
I understand your point that we need to trim the fat and agree but think we should do that in ways like what I said about the Needler and Sentinel Beam - which are two unique weapons in the series but they get sort of sidelined and forgotten at least competitively. I want each weapon to be unique and shine in its own way.

Does 343i understand that prometheans are really -Yoinking!- lame? I don't want them to return at all. If they do they need a total overhaul visually and gameplay wise because they look like some tryhard Michael Bay -Yoink-.

Promethean weapons should be completely cut. Make them look like satanic Sentinel automatons. Gloss black and red light, classic Forerunner look with a gothic edge and the human remains still at their core.

*Beam Rifle=as it was but scoped mode lets you see players through walls. Not shoot them through the walls though.

*Ling-Ling's Head=Severed dog's head held like the severed head in Shadow Warrior. Primary fire is a vampiric health drain that heals the user. Alternate fire is a close-range voodoo blast that temporarily rearranges all the target's controls. Probably not in keeping with the general tone of multiplayer but could be a campaign easter egg and used in Infection and Customs.
Heronimon wrote:
Heronimon wrote:
I made this post for fun and to see what weapons people believe will fit into halo

one of the weapons I think would fit in is a sort of hand held launcher that can be used to force players into armour lock or at least disable them in someway, this would be useful in situations where there’s too many players to fight where the user can quickly stop some of the players until the others are defeated
A hard no to that and armour lock. Amour Lock was the most moronic thing Bungie ever did - I want it to never return.

*Spiker=stronger slower SMG which as you pump spikes into an enemy slows them a little and prevents them from sprinting for a moment. Assuming there's clambering in the game allow spikes shot into a wall to remain for a little while and be climbable. Surfaces covered with spikes from Spikers or Spike Grenades cause damage when walked on.

*Flood Bile Bag=acts like a grimy smoke grenade and also when thrown onto a hard surface it becomes slippery for a time.

*Needler=Traditional Needler function with a somewhat slow precision non-tracking alternate fire mode which replaces the Needle Rifle firing single shots that's weak against shields but supercombines unshielded enemies with 3 shots landed in succession.

*Sentinel Beam=Create damaging molten hotspots where fired on surfaces as a perhaps mostly subtle affect but can be used to help corner enemies. Replaces the Focus Rifle. Detonate and toss the weapon to use it like a Flare(fully depleting it and destroying it and duration is dependent on how much charge was left)
Cool ideas but I think your view on armour lock is biased as it’s good for most players but annoying for a few
Thank you.

You're kidding yourself if you think only a few people hate armour lock. Honestly, if armour lock returns I'll lobotomize myself with my keyboard.
I didn’t really find it a problem it added more variety also your comment mad me laugh too much
Heronimon wrote:
I believe that the reason that the sandbox is so chaotic, is because 343 added the Promethean faction. Here is why.

Example: The Scattershot is basically a weird Shotgun that turns people into glowing-Rad Filled-Corn-Flakes, hence it has no use in the sandbox besides complicating 343 employee's jobs and causing confusion, not to mention tipping balance due to it only being slightly different in stats and function to a Shotgun.

Remember those bliss filled days once upon a time in 2001 in which we had the perfect sandbox of Halo:CE? Yes! Remember those happy care-free days not so long ago in 2015 in which we had the fantastic sandbox of Halo 5? Me neither.

The very REASON that CE had such a great sandbox...is that it was small. For those who don't follow, what I mean is that a smaller sandbox allows for each weapon to have a unique and special role to play. In short, a Plasma Pistol cannot take down an entire Covenant battle group without some help.

My weapon idea is to fix the sandbox through a method that has been hiding in plain sight. What if we could make each faction have the exact same types of weapons with the exact same functions in their respective uses?

Example: A Beam Rifle has the EXACT same stats as a Sniper Rifle or a (modified Binary Rifle to make it more normal) but simply has a different model, sound effect, animation. The main difference is that you only see Beam Rifle's on Covenant, and you only see Binary Rifle's on Promethean's but they have the exact same stats.

Get the point? We can simply have almost as small a sandbox as CE, with just as much finesse. But have different skins for them based on the faction of who it came from. In multiplayer, you can unlock the different models from the other factions through a reach inspired credit system. This allows you in multiplayer to have variety, while having blunt simplicity.

What do you think?
I understand your point that we need to trim the fat and agree but think we should do that in ways like what I said about the Needler and Sentinel Beam - which are two unique weapons in the series but they get sort of sidelined and forgotten at least competitively. I want each weapon to be unique and shine in its own way.

Does 343i understand that prometheans are really -Yoinking!- lame? I don't want them to return at all. If they do they need a total overhaul visually and gameplay wise because they look like some tryhard Michael Bay -Yoink-.

Promethean weapons should be completely cut. Make them look like satanic Sentinel automatons. Gloss black and red light, classic Forerunner look with a gothic edge and the human remains still at their core.

*Beam Rifle=as it was but scoped mode lets you see players through walls. Not shoot them through the walls though.

*Ling-Ling's Head=Severed dog's head held like the severed head in Shadow Warrior. Primary fire is a vampiric health drain that heals the user. Alternate fire is a close-range voodoo blast that temporarily rearranges all the target's controls. Probably not in keeping with the general tone of multiplayer but could be a campaign easter egg and used in Infection and Customs.
I agree the promethians sucked I want the sentinels back
I made this post for fun and to see what weapons people believe will fit into halo

one of the weapons I think would fit in is a sort of hand held launcher that can be used to force players into armour lock or at least disable them in someway, this would be useful in situations where there’s too many players to fight where the user can quickly stop some of the players until the others are defeated
I think a lot of people would either just hate that kind of weapon or just constantly want it nerfed. Just like in Halo: Reach when everyone complained about the Armor Lock until it got so nerfed that it became literally unusable. It was designed to survive damage that would have been fatal for a few seconds like getting run over or hit with explosives. In the end, it got nerfed to the point that using it just made you a free kill because it stopped neither.

Making weapons and abilities that fit in Halo isn't really all that easy. Because most people will just complain about it being overpowered or not fitting well within the universe.
I agree but 343 already added something like this in the lore, the device Locke uses to try and stop chief
I made this post for fun and to see what weapons people believe will fit into halo

one of the weapons I think would fit in is a sort of hand held launcher that can be used to force players into armour lock or at least disable them in someway, this would be useful in situations where there’s too many players to fight where the user can quickly stop some of the players until the others are defeated
I think a lot of people would either just hate that kind of weapon or just constantly want it nerfed. Just like in Halo: Reach when everyone complained about the Armor Lock until it got so nerfed that it became literally unusable. It was designed to survive damage that would have been fatal for a few seconds like getting run over or hit with explosives. In the end, it got nerfed to the point that using it just made you a free kill because it stopped neither.

Making weapons and abilities that fit in Halo isn't really all that easy. Because most people will just complain about it being overpowered or not fitting well within the universe.
I agree but 343 already added something like this in the lore, the device Locke uses to try and stop chief
Which is honestly kind of questionable considering it short circuits their armor. Isn't that dangerous?
I made this post for fun and to see what weapons people believe will fit into halo

one of the weapons I think would fit in is a sort of hand held launcher that can be used to force players into armour lock or at least disable them in someway, this would be useful in situations where there’s too many players to fight where the user can quickly stop some of the players until the others are defeated
I think a lot of people would either just hate that kind of weapon or just constantly want it nerfed. Just like in Halo: Reach when everyone complained about the Armor Lock until it got so nerfed that it became literally unusable. It was designed to survive damage that would have been fatal for a few seconds like getting run over or hit with explosives. In the end, it got nerfed to the point that using it just made you a free kill because it stopped neither.

Making weapons and abilities that fit in Halo isn't really all that easy. Because most people will just complain about it being overpowered or not fitting well within the universe.
I agree but 343 already added something like this in the lore, the device Locke uses to try and stop chief
Which is honestly kind of questionable considering it short circuits their armor. Isn't that dangerous?
I think so but how else is was Spartan Locke supposed to beat chief considering he’s 10x stronger in all fields, also I don’t remember but does Spartan armour have its own air filtration system
I made this post for fun and to see what weapons people believe will fit into halo

one of the weapons I think would fit in is a sort of hand held launcher that can be used to force players into armour lock or at least disable them in someway, this would be useful in situations where there’s too many players to fight where the user can quickly stop some of the players until the others are defeated
I think a lot of people would either just hate that kind of weapon or just constantly want it nerfed. Just like in Halo: Reach when everyone complained about the Armor Lock until it got so nerfed that it became literally unusable. It was designed to survive damage that would have been fatal for a few seconds like getting run over or hit with explosives. In the end, it got nerfed to the point that using it just made you a free kill because it stopped neither.

Making weapons and abilities that fit in Halo isn't really all that easy. Because most people will just complain about it being overpowered or not fitting well within the universe.
I agree but 343 already added something like this in the lore, the device Locke uses to try and stop chief
Which is honestly kind of questionable considering it short circuits their armor. Isn't that dangerous?
I think so but how else is was Spartan Locke supposed to beat chief considering he’s 10x stronger in all fields, also I don’t remember but does Spartan armour have its own air filtration system
I believe the MJOLNIR armor has its own life support, unsure about the air filtration. I'd like to believe so.

Honestly, if they had said "oh, this is an armor inhibitor, it locks up their armor so they can't move." I wouldn't even question it. Instead, they said "oh, yeah, this is an inhibitor, it short circuits everything!"

In a world where short circuit usually means something went wrong and now everything has ceased function or that something is no longer working? That's probably not the best word you want to use when talking about how something affects high grade power armor that can literally break bones and crush the wearer if something went wrong...
Really wouldn't mind the Halo 4 boltshot returning. That was fun to use and was just the quick save needed in tight situations.
A grappling hook, like Scorpion's spear, what grabs enemies and deals about 60% damage while bringing them close. This could be either a human creation with chains or a covenant or promethian weapon made of energy or hardlight.
Ken Static wrote:
Really wouldn't mind the Halo 4 boltshot returning. That was fun to use and was just the quick save needed in tight situations.
Same, it was really the only unique Promethean weapon in that sandbox. The only reason it was an issue with players was because of the custom loadout system that was in Halo 4, which essentially made you spawn with a shotgun. Wouldn't mind that version to return though 👍.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2