Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Ideas to make everyone happy in Infinite

OP spartan072577

I watched Hidden Xperia's Halo Infinite Worries video and had some thoughts on how to make as many people as happy as possible with Infinite.

With the current state of the industry, many ignorant board members want to control how the game is made and don't realize letting the devs make a good game will get them money. I say this to say that it isn't even the devs' choice anymore to put microtransactions in their games really, they don't get to say no to management like that. But I think I have a few ideas that would give board members their microtransactions - but more importantly would give us products we actually want to buy.

Hidden Xperia brought up Rainbow Six. I'm a fan of it and play it regularly. Yes, it has plenty of mistakes, but I think it offers a lot of good ideas on how to please everyone in Halo Infinite. In Rainbow Six, you can purchase addons called "Elite Skins." These are different from regular skins, as they are more distinct, they're based on the unique personality of the character they're for (such as the French special forces character Doc having a skin of a WW1 French medic), and they give a unique animation at the end of the match shown to all players when the player who has the skin is first place on their team. This could translate well into iconic armors for outstanding characters in the lore. For instance, you could spend money on a Noble 6 armor set/elite skin - you could still always unlock Mark IV B armor in the game in a Reach style system, BUT you wouldn't get Mark IV B armor with a cracked visor, plasma burns, maybe Noble Six's Spartan designation number on the chest, and an animation. In the case of the afore mentioned, an Elite could jump from off screen and stab the character like in the epilogue of Reach at the end of a match. Or, if you bought Buck's armor, you could land in the first place spot at the end of the match in an ODST pod; you could always get ODST armor in the games normal hopefully Reach style selections, you'd just have to pay for the one that's distinctively Buck. If there're playable elites, let us buy an Arbiter skin that has us stabbing the Prophet of Truth, you get the idea.

Now, if they do want to do something like Alpha Packs in R6 (one item loot boxes that contain cosmetic items exclusively that are earned by winning matches or buying outright), they could do it with stances, weapon skins, and assassination animations. We already have stances in Halo 5, but they should have a bigger involvement to make them more worthwhile. No matter what place you're in during the face off screen at the beginning and the victory end screen, let us have our stances shown there - that would automatically cause their value to go up and make us feel better for getting them. All the while both the Elite Armor skins/animation and the stances would provide us with stuff we ACTUALLY want and are a decent value.
Weapon Skins should be fewer and farther in-between, but should be much better in quality and far more unique. Some should be earned through individual achievements, like kills with weapons, and some could be left to packs. I think assassinations should be the same as they are now in Halo 5.

Now, Hidden Xperia also mentioned the addition of a CoD Zombies like mode with the Flood. I absolutely love this idea. I think the addition of post launch lore and the replayability of the mode is desperately needed right now. However, to take the conversation back to Rainbow Six, I think uniting the qualities of Rainbow Six's Outbreak Mode and parts of CoD Zombies would fit Halo better. CoD Zombies is about big guns, high rate of fire, and killing huge numbers of the same enemies in a relatively static free roam area. Rainbow Six's Outbreak was more about saving ammo by being wise with where you used your bullets (weak point shots saving lots of ammo), fighting multiple enemy types, in a fairly linear mission with hold out areas centered around multiple short objectives. I also think the tone of Outbreak would fit Halo better, as it isn't some bootleg last ditch effort, but instead is an organized response to counteracting a foreign but known threat. I think that fits the UNSC's stance on the Flood in the late 2550's - known of but not completely understood. I think harmonizing elements of both would produce a very engaging and enjoyable experience. Offering whatever this would be called as DLC missions is a possibility, or if the afore mentioned microtransaction sales were good enough, these missions could be funded by that.

So many of us get so freaked out when anyone mentions taking and adapting ideas from other games. This is just shortsighted. I understand the concern, but just because it’s a good idea and it comes from another game doesn’t mean it can’t be translated into a good idea for Halo. I don't think we're going to get rid of microtransactions anytime soon. But thankfully we have developers who are very engaged with the community and are willing to listen. Instead of saying no to all microtransactions, we need to fight for good ones that expand content variety and make for a better game, and thus a happier, larger community.
I watched Hidden Xperia's Halo Infinite Worries video and had some thoughts on how to make as many people as happy as possible with Infinite.
With the current state of the industry, many ignorant board members want to control how the game is made and don't realize letting the devs make a good game will get them money. I say this to say that it isn't even the devs' choice anymore to put microtransactions in their games really, they don't get to say no to management like that. But I think I have a few ideas that would give board members their microtransactions - but more importantly would give us products we actually want to buy.

Hidden Xperia brought up Rainbow Six. I'm a fan of it and play it regularly. Yes, it has plenty of mistakes, but I think it offers a lot of good ideas on how to please everyone in Halo Infinite. In Rainbow Six, you can purchase addons called "Elite Skins." These are different from regular skins, as they are more distinct, they're based on the unique personality of the character they're for (such as the French special forces character Doc having a skin of a WW1 French medic), and they give a unique animation at the end of the match shown to all players when the player who has the skin is first place on their team. This could translate well into iconic armors for outstanding characters in the lore. For instance, you could spend money on a Noble 6 armor set/elite skin - you could still always unlock Mark IV B armor in the game in a Reach style system, BUT you wouldn't get Mark IV B armor with a cracked visor, plasma burns, maybe Noble Six's Spartan designation number on the chest, and an animation. In the case of the afore mentioned, an Elite could jump from off screen and stab the character like in the epilogue of Reach at the end of a match. Or, if you bought Buck's armor, you could land in the first place spot at the end of the match in an ODST pod; you could always get ODST armor in the games normal hopefully Reach style selections, you'd just have to pay for the one that's distinctively Buck. If there're playable elites, let us buy an Arbiter skin that has us stabbing the Prophet of Truth, you get the idea.

Now, if they do want to do something like Alpha Packs in R6 (one item loot boxes that contain cosmetic items exclusively that are earned by winning matches or buying outright), they could do it with stances, weapon skins, and assassination animations. We already have stances in Halo 5, but they should have a bigger involvement to make them more worthwhile. No matter what place you're in during the face off screen at the beginning and the victory end screen, let us have our stances shown there - that would automatically cause their value to go up and make us feel better for getting them. All the while both the Elite Armor skins/animation and the stances would provide us with stuff we ACTUALLY want and are a decent value.
Weapon Skins should be fewer and farther in-between, but should be much better in quality and far more unique. Some should be earned through individual achievements, like kills with weapons, and some could be left to packs. I think assassinations should be the same as they are now in Halo 5.

Now, Hidden Xperia also mentioned the addition of a CoD Zombies like mode with the Flood. I absolutely love this idea. I think the addition of post launch lore and the replayability of the mode is desperately needed right now. However, to take the conversation back to Rainbow Six, I think uniting the qualities of Rainbow Six's Outbreak Mode and parts of CoD Zombies would fit Halo better. CoD Zombies is about big guns, high rate of fire, and killing huge numbers of the same enemies in a relatively static free roam area. Rainbow Six's Outbreak was more about saving ammo by being wise with where you used your bullets (weak point shots saving lots of ammo), fighting multiple enemy types, in a fairly linear mission with hold out areas centered around multiple short objectives. I also think the tone of Outbreak would fit Halo better, as it isn't some bootleg last ditch effort, but instead is an organized response to counteracting a foreign but known threat. I think that fits the UNSC's stance on the Flood in the late 2550's - known of but not completely understood. I think harmonizing elements of both would produce a very engaging and enjoyable experience. Offering whatever this would be called as DLC missions is a possibility, or if the afore mentioned microtransaction sales were good enough, these missions could be funded by that.

So many of us get so freaked out when anyone mentions taking and adapting ideas from other games. This is just shortsighted. I understand the concern, but just because it’s a good idea and it comes from another game doesn’t mean it can’t be translated into a good idea for Halo. I don't think we're going to get rid of microtransactions anytime soon. But thankfully we have developers who are very engaged with the community and are willing to listen. Instead of saying no to all microtransactions, we need to fight for good ones that expand content variety and make for a better game, and thus a happier, larger community.
Hey you should look at my ideas I have on my profile on big team battle and warzone and forge on my profile that I put out here I think a lot of people would really like my ideas that I have my ideas I believe it will make halo infinite more popular with my ideas on my profile 😃😃!!
I believe any micros in the game should be unlockable in game as well at a reasonable rate or maybe during an event or whatever, otherwise you're just gonna get a lot of hate and bad rep.
I mean, the equivalent of Zombies is Firefight.

I think it would be cool to have the Flood as one of the many enemies in Firefight.
The chances of making everyone happy with Halo infinite is very slim and the reason why is the gameplay. The community is so spilt on whether Infinite should have classic or enchanted mobility is bad. I believe that Halo is best when it’s classic and I feel that the majority of the community believe this but that’s my opinion.
The chances of making everyone happy with Halo infinite is very slim and the reason why is the gameplay. The community is so spilt on whether Infinite should have classic or enchanted mobility is bad. I believe that Halo is best when it’s classic and I feel that the majority of the community believe this but that’s my opinion.
It’s impossible to please everyone for this reason. We just have to see what they do.