Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

IF INFINATE DONT PLAY 100% LIKE HALO 5 NO BUY.

OP Foxxtrot 64

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I being reluctant to share my( MY PONIT OF VEIW) I'm not one for Nostalgia at all , yes one can be entitled to your own what so ever. I love warzone but I like how this mode had no love shown and I know here there usual fraud backward viewpoint whatever. I will not be buying Halo infinite if AND DO MEAN IF it don't play like H5 or has warzone a mode I feel brought a good amount of revenue to only get 6 meek looking maps no warzone map creator boy how that rubs me the wrong way.

PEACE.
Um... what?

Hard to follow, but I'm sure infinite will have a warzone/big team battle of some sort.
While the game will probably have its war zone type mode, it will be it’s own game. Even if they change things from Halo 5, it seems like those changes will be positive (fingers crossed). I say give it a shot when it comes out, if you enjoyed 5 chances are you’ll enjoy infinite
Cool, when Halo Infinite doesn’t play like Halo 5 at all, I’d be most certainly buy it & enjoy the living daylight out of it
I being reluctant to share my( MY PONIT OF VEIW) I'm not one for Nostalgia at all , yes one can be entitled to your own what so ever. I love warzone but I like how this mode had no love shown and I know here there usual fraud backward viewpoint whatever. I will not be buying Halo infinite if AND DO MEAN IF it don't play like H5 or has warzone a mode I feel brought a good amount of revenue to only get 6 meek looking maps no warzone map creator boy how that rubs me the wrong way.

PEACE.
Halo Infinite is not going to be a Halo 5 revamp. It is its own game and is going to have its own features. Whether you deem these features good or bad is completely up to you, the consumer. Also, Halo Infinite isn't about nostalgia, it's about what the community has been begging for for the past few years. With these criticisms, complaints, admirations, commendations, etc. there are going to be positive repercussions to this feedback. One of these things, to which your point being of, is most likely going to be the return of a classic Halo movement system, where there isn't going to be any enhanced mobility. Although, you may be in luck. This is only something the community as a whole is kinda iffy about. Enhanced mobility may be here to stay. In my opinion, I hope that enhanced mobility is replaced with the more classic movement systems used in previous Halo installments.
Well, nobody can force you to buy Halo Infinite if you don't want to.
Yeah honestly, I'd rather it didn't play like Halo 5, I'd still buy and play it, but I'd rather it was improved upon ;P
I'm sure WZ will be back. It's a great mode that just needs a req system revamp. As far as gameplay I don't think it'll be 100% H5. Probably a mix of classic and H5
I'm sure WZ will be back. It's a great mode that just needs a req system revamp. As far as gameplay I don't think it'll be 100% H5. Probably a mix of classic and H5
With the lukewarm reception Halo 5 got, I wouldn't be sure that anything introduced in Halo 5 will be back. Especially with the REQ system being unpopular, and Warzone being built around selling REQ packs, the future of Warzone seems uncertain. If the mode was popular, they may salvage the general idea, but if it wasn't sufficiently popular, knowing 343i I could definitely see them completely scrapping it.
I don't care how it plays, I'm buying it and I'm gonna have a good time.
Im a classic fan and im willing to make a few compromises here the fanbase is large it shouldnt have to be 100% your way. I would honestly have been fine with warzone as a mode in h5 if it were not for the fact that req cards were a) random and b) burn cards that you lose when you use. If i grind hard and earn it i should be able to keep it.
Ofcourse i have other issues like the reuse of bases but besides that those are mostly all with the req system not the warzone mode itself.
Lol that literally did not make any sense. You are the rare exception. If this game looked anything like Halo 5, it will have the lowest amount of sales the franchise has ever seen.
Warzone DID bring a good amount of revenue. That revenue was used to fund the Halo Championships.
It's all your loss here. Whining won't make a million-dollar company change their's and a whole community's vision.
Quote:
I won't buy Halo Infinite if it won't play exactly like Halo 5.
Well, Reach played much differently from 3 and got half the sales, 4 played very similarly and got slightly less and Halo 5 played the most differently and got less sales.
Literally thousands of people didn't buy one of these games because they played very differently from either the previous release or Halo 3. Making Infinite play exactly like Halo 5 will be a mortal blow that could probably mark the definitive (and tragic) end of the Halo franchise. It will NOT play exactly like Halo 5.
OK
But nobody cares tho????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
tsassi wrote:
With the lukewarm reception Halo 5 got, I wouldn't be sure that anything introduced in Halo 5 will be back. Especially with the REQ system being unpopular, and Warzone being built around selling REQ packs, the future of Warzone seems uncertain. If the mode was popular, they may salvage the general idea, but if it wasn't sufficiently popular, knowing 343i I could definitely see them completely scrapping it.
Fair enough. The reason I think it will be back is because:
1. It's a good mode for going beyond the 8v8 BTB cap, let's them explore larger player lobbies.
2. It's pretty hard to find games in a lot of modes for a while now on H5 but WZ has been one that you can consistently find games pretty quick even 3.5 years later, even more impressive is it requires the biggest player count so I'd say it's probably H5's most successful addition to Halo.
3. It's pretty unique and really adds something to Halo, not just another mode. You've got PvPvE mixed with base capturing and core destruction. I couldn't see them putting so much work into it just to scrap it completely for the next game, I think it's gonna be one of those staple modes that are in every Halo from now on.
Can’t say if it’ll play like Halo 5 no one would know until the first flight launches. Though 343 did say they will continue with Warzone into their next games. To think of the Halo 5 one as a “beta” of sorts for the game mode
I'm sure WZ will sort of return in some form but the pay to win elements will hopefully be gone in Infinite but the WZ Firefight needs an overhaul since it wasn't well made compared to Odst, I know it could be more fun/challenging. If Infinite is exactly like H5 then will probably hate it, I'd rather they didn't since want to be able to enjoy the game.

It's kind of strange to complain about WZ getting no love, yet BTB was mostly just completely ignored in H5 so they could focus on WZ. I've got to a point where I'm sceptical of any new Halo game but trying to keep an open mind since just want a fun Halo game, one that isn't as stressful as H5.
Well then I guess it's unlikely that we will be seeing you in Infinite playlists, even less so than other specific people out of the whole playerbase.

Warzone could return but I doubt it was popular enough given it's near pay to win nature as a req seller gamemode so it could be that people wont waste their time to make a gamemode that is played by rare number of players, definitely not if infinite has less microtransactions.

Obviously that's all just speculation so warzone could definitely return, but it's nature of not being part of the core gamemodes & that it didn't seem to have that much of a staying playerbase makes me doubt it's return.

What I would change about the warzone formula, if it would return, is few things such as, making the reqs unlimited & free to all people firstly, then weapons/vehicles/other could be unlocked as the match goes on depending on their level to avoid joining players being on disadvantage while also lessening complete spawn killing of losing team which could be result of quitters/afkers, this could definitely lessen it's nature as microtransaction seller while also having various level of weapons but it could be a way to keep more static playerbase.

As for the gameplay itself, it's a big part of Halo & the sales have dropped pretty much constantly when it has been tampered with so we'll just have to see what's coming up. Waypointers are just small portion of Halo community who voice their opinions perhaps more constantly.
And as to why I doubt Infinite would have same gameplay as H5g as well, recent Halo games have changed the gameplay pretty much each installment as if they would be testing what works/sells the best so I doubt they will stop at rock bottom.
What I would change about the warzone formula, if it would return, is few things such as, making the reqs unlimited & free to all people firstly, then weapons/vehicles/other could be unlocked as the match goes on depending on their level to avoid joining players being on disadvantage while also lessening complete spawn killing of losing team which could be result of quitters/afkers, this could definitely lessen it's nature as microtransaction seller while also having various level of weapons but it could be a way to keep more static playerbase.
This could in theory be replaced by a better system. Look at Command & Conquer Renegades for example...it never had any form of REQ system but it required teams to work together, to make certain resource collectors keep resources flowing so players can buy vehicles, etc...
Also they would need teams to project them, in theory resources from the vehicles could be used to restock bases.

Alternatively I think the best option might be sticking to BTB then adding AI, making it so we can hijack enemy AI vehicles since hated not being able to do that in WZ.
As for WZ: Firefight I would ditch the insane homing attacks, get back to surviving as many waves as possible, avoid any situations where we have to get to an objective to defend since most of the time that would lead to a fail due to lack of time to get there.

As for quitters/afkers...in theory this could lead to AI bots that could replace them until someone JIP then the AI would leave the battlefield after a short timer. Also it could be possible to buy units to protect bases instead of them just spawning randomly after being dead for a certain time...to avoid cheap deaths by AI.
ronnie42 wrote:
This could in theory be replaced by a better system. Look at Command & Conquer Renegades for example...it never had any form of REQ system but it required teams to work together, to make certain resource collectors keep resources flowing so players can buy vehicles, etc...
Also they would need teams to project them, in theory resources from the vehicles could be used to restock bases.

Alternatively I think the best option might be sticking to BTB then adding AI, making it so we can hijack enemy AI vehicles since hated not being able to do that in WZ.
As for WZ: Firefight I would ditch the insane homing attacks, get back to surviving as many waves as possible, avoid any situations where we have to get to an objective to defend since most of the time that would lead to a fail due to lack of time to get there.

As for quitters/afkers...in theory this could lead to AI bots that could replace them until someone JIP then the AI would leave the battlefield after a short timer. Also it could be possible to buy units to protect bases instead of them just spawning randomly after being dead for a certain time...to avoid cheap deaths by AI.
There truly are many ways to change Warzone so it wouldn't be dependant on reqs, given if they want to keep the gametype in the game at all. So in other words, your suggestions seem to be a viable option in my mind.

As for bots in the matches, it has been something under discussion on some topics, it's not necessarily the best one but still an option.
The bots cant fully replace human players but even as a temporary supplement, would they be worth the work required? For example, possibly needing a varying effectiveness level, which would include accuracy & reaction time for example, depending on the skill level of the players on board for balancing reasons, next would be that what is the primary objective for the AI? Would it pursue objectives relentlessly, would it seek the company of human players, defend a point or what exactly?
And as to afkers, not much bots would do with them, if there is a player present then bot shouldn't spawn.
And even if the idle timer would be decreased that can be easily passed by just taping the controller & report system more than likely would be abused. There is no easy solutions for those problems hence why they are years old problems.
But that is it's own discussion entirely.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3