Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

If infinite has warzone, what would you change?

OP XLR8

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
XLR8 wrote:
i would not add it at all
That’s not the question I asked.
I love the counter to that, but back on topic:

If I could change Warzone, it would be the way AI is killed. You can do 95% damage and that 5% the enemy team does get the full credit. That is complete nonsense. I would also make the enemies more aggressive and have more AI on the map. Make more objectives, if an enemy controls the center okay it's a Warzone now you can have to control another point of the map for bonus points. It encourages movement and coordination. Also no random reqs, make it so you can buy them like how you would with credits like on Reach.
I don't think it should return, but if it did all the weapons should be unlocked and the only thing stopping you from using them should be your req level not how many req cards you have.
Warzone had some great ideas, but there are somethings that would need a change if it returned. Well, in my opinion any way. One of those things is less uniform bases. By that, I mean the bases should not be the same on every map. Some maps had the mid base as a forerunner structure, but in many it was just the white round building. This should not return. Each map should have unique bases, whether that be a covenant structure, abandoned building, Forerunner structure, etc. It just shouldn't be the same garage every time. Same goes for the two team bases.
Balancing is also important. I get that the all out mayhem of warzone can be attractive to some, but there needs to be some balance with certain things. If something is absolutely broken, then it should be limited to one spawn. There's also the issue of rockets, and spartan lasers when it comes to vehicles. The Warthog in Halo 5 is essentially useless, as with much of the vehicle combat that doesn't involve the Banshee, or the Scorpion. Vehicles and weapons should not be made obsolete. How they would go about doing this, I've no clue. But it wasn't just an issue with Warzone, but the whole of Halo 5.
Greater diversity of bosses, and events would be a much needed improvement. Perhaps including remade past bosses such as Tartarus, Prophet of Regret, a Monitor, etc. could help, but they would need entirely new move sets and functionality. So, essentially, might as well just make new bosses. I get tired of fighting the Warden Eternal the two hundredth time but this time in red. Bringing in characters like The Didact, The Gravemind, Tartarus, Atriox, etc. would really play to fan service, as well as provide much better boss fights.
Bigger maps, more players, better A.I. and more importance placed on team A.I. There should be ODST's, along side Marines. The A.I. should at times assist in pushes, or at the very least get inside of vehicles. Just having three Marines sitting inside a small base with their thumbs up their -Yoink- doesn't really add the experience. Larger maps, that have more diverse play areas, such as buildings, close quarter combat, different elevations and levels (more than just a hill, and not a hill). More forested areas, or rocky crags, or interiors. Just more than what is essentially a warthog track with three bases.
More game modes. An Elite versus Spartan mode would be excellent assuming they bring back playable elites. But that's only one idea.
And last, and certainly least (a small nitpick), don't make the Marines look like they're wearing nerf armor. Give them colour stripes over the green armor, or something, just don't make them look like nerf warriors.

Not sure if all of these will be agreed with, but I think they're important. If any one thinks I'm wrong, just call me stupid for my opinion or whatever, as is customary of the internet.
Hi XLR8,

I would have a commander to advise the team on strategy, weapons, and how to win. They could set waypoints and tell where enemies are and what weapons will kill the warlords and stuff. Maybe you could make it AI but that might be a daunting task at the moment. Maybe the commander could have some forge type abilities and place weapons, pelicans and tanks on the map. Idk what to say other than "I'd love to love Warzone as a weekend break from ranked."

Kind Regards,
Illi
Here's some things I think 343i should change: One thing that really pissed me off about Warzone in 5 was the fact that the power weapons--aka the non-customizable ones--were all req packs, and as such you had a limited supply of each weapon in your inventory, and because of this, it made dying with an unused legendary weapon really enraging, but if they made weapons a 1 time unlock I think this problem would be fixed. I know infinite rocket launchers in your inventory sounds op, but if they were to put a cooldown on power weapons with each weapon's cooldown time depending on its rarity, I think it could work.
Another thing that I didn't like about Warzone in 5 was the fact that every time you die, your respawn timer is increased. It not only makes the wait to get back into the game annoying--especially when you get to almost half a minute each time you need to respawn, which I have gotten to--but it also adds to the mode's already pretty bad snowball effect, because in order to get the best weapons in Warzone, you need kills to unlock them, but since you take longer to respawn each time you die, more and more potential kills are lost during the respawn wait, and because of this people who were getting kills early on are almost guaranteed to have the best weapons by the end of the game, and consequentially, the most xp, while the people who may have been able to turn the tides in other modes are now unable to put up a fight.
Also, although I want traditional Firefight to come back in Infinite too, I think Warzone Firefight should come back as well. However, in addition to the changes I mentioned, I think 343i could also make Warzone Firefight better by simply giving it dedicated maps as opposed reusing maps from regular Warzone. Also, if they could keep the generators you're supposed to protect in one spot the entire game, so we don't have Prometheans already shooting at them by the time we get there, that'd be awesome too.
Hi XLR8,

I would have a commander to advise the team on strategy, weapons, and how to win. They could set waypoints and tell where enemies are and what weapons will kill the warlords and stuff. Maybe you could make it AI but that might be a daunting task at the moment. Maybe the commander could have some forge type abilities and place weapons, pelicans and tanks on the map. Idk what to say other than "I'd love to love Warzone as a weekend break from ranked."

Kind Regards,
Illi
I wouldn't mind it but only if there was the option to turn it off. Me personally, I'd keep it on my first few games, but after I got the hang of Infinite's Warzone it'd prob get annoying and I'd want it off.
XLR8 wrote:

If I could change Warzone, it would be the way AI is killed. You can do 95% damage and that 5% the enemy team does get the full credit. That is complete nonsense. I would also make the enemies more aggressive and have more AI on the map. Make more objectives, if an enemy controls the center okay it's a Warzone now you can have to control another point of the map for bonus points. It encourages movement and coordination. Also no random reqs, make it so you can buy them like how you would with credits like on Reach.
Amen on that first one. I hate not being able to kamikaze my team to victory. Tho I hope there won't be an option to buy weapons w irl money, but I'd still take ur idea over req packs any day.
I had mix feelings about warzone. But I would get rid of the ridiculous requisition system. That random way of unlocking things made it a tedious chore to get what you wanted and paying to get your stuff and potentially win was quite annoying as well. I honestly wouldn't miss warzone if it was removed.
XLR8 wrote:

Amen on that first one. I hate not being able to kamikaze my team to victory. Tho I hope there won't be an option to buy weapons w irl money, but I'd still take ur idea over req packs any day.
Yeah no loot boxes. I never got excited over Lootboxes anyway. You should be able to buy the Reqs you want with in game currency. Make it an achievement to get 80% of the Reqs or something.
XLR8 wrote:

Yeah no loot boxes. I never got excited over Lootboxes anyway. You should be able to buy the Reqs you want with in game currency. Make it an achievement to get 80% of the Reqs or something.
That I wouldn't mind at all. Something like Reach's in-game currency would be cool.
I would increase the player count and ai count, as well as make bosses more random. For instance i would like the range of bosses that can possibly be in the match to be bigger, and have them not allways spawn in the same spot.

I would also love to see bosses give you advantage and not jsut points. For example make killing a boss reward your team with a weapons drop in your base or some ai that hinders the enemy team.

Man my mind is buzzing with ideas.... what if we have bases of various sizes that give diferent point values and hold diferent strategic advantages.?
XLR8 wrote:

That I wouldn't mind at all. Something like Reach's in-game currency would be cool.
I only bring this up because the Blood of Suban was one of my favorite weapons and it took so long just to get it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3