Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

If infinite is an RPG we need veterancy for units

OP BigWinkyy69

Hey guys! I Have a pretty interesting concept for Halo Infinite if it is more of an open world RPG. Instead of you, or any of the units having levels. Units should have veterancy power. For example in Halo wars if your units kill a few others in battle they gain 1 star. Which will make them stronger. I think this would be cool because if you were to run into a 5 star Elite, it could have a different programming. Become stronger, and smarter. A 10 star Elite would be like a Legendary all skulls on elite. I just think this would be really cool. I have not thought of why this would not work, because im more of an optimist. What do you guys think?
But Halo Infinite is not an RPG...
tsassi wrote:
Its going to have RPG elements.
tsassi wrote:
Its going to have RPG elements.
To my knowledge, 343i has not revealed anything specific about the gameplay of Halo Infinite, so I do not know where you are getting your information from. You may be referring to the job posting which required "familiarity with RPG and Shooter game mechanics", but whether this means anything for Halo Infinite is pure speculation. Finally, of course, a game contanining "RPG mechanics" is not the same as an RPG.
I'm assuming the "RPG elements" would be something closer building your Spartan. Fast with high dps or the tank?

However, if they do have it more of an open world, I think it would be fun to incorporate a learning A.I. like that. You keep throwing yourself at an elite and losing, he learns your ways or if a team almost gets him, he becomes stronger but with scars.
We have levels for enemies that is pretty easy to tell. Red Grunts are better than Orange Grunts, We have the Ultra Elites, we have Gold Brute Chieftain that is better than Red Brute Chieftains. So units have do have levels. I am not sure of what you are asking for.

As for Infinite being an RPG, not at the moment. Maybe if Spartan Ops were a thing but again I think a mission creator in forge would go far better than 343 trying to make a RPG. Turning Halo into a RPG would be akin to using the frostbite engine to make a RPG.
As for Infinite being an RPG, not at the moment. Maybe if Spartan Ops were a thing but again I think a mission creator in forge would go far better than 343 trying to make a RPG. Turning Halo into a RPG would be akin to using the frostbite engine to make a RPG.
We'll need to wait for E3 before being so sure, I think an FPS Halo with rpg is a possibility, and there's reasons players are expecting open world, rpg, rpg elements etc. I don't know what you mean about the bit in bold italics, but Mass Effect Andromeda was bulit on Frostbite and has no relevance to Halo imo. Also, 343i have a new engine, who knows what it can do ? I think we're in for a shock come E3. The line, taking Halo in new directions, has me concerned, but maybe we'll be shocked in a good way.
If it is RPG based , I can certainly save $60 and find a new franchise to support , I doubt I'd be the only one who feels this way . I can live with any version of movement mechanics . But I personally think it will stay a core fps without a shadow of a doubt .
If it is RPG based , I can certainly save $60 and find a new franchise to support , I doubt I'd be the only one who feels this way . I can live with any version of movement mechanics . But I personally think it will stay a core fps without a shadow of a doubt .
I would rather have it as more of an RPG campaign rather than have those terrible movement mechanics in Halo 5.
I would rather have it as more of an RPG campaign rather than have those terrible movement mechanics in Halo 5.
Different strokes for different folks, Ive enjoyed every title since 2001 ce (some more than others) but RPG or elements thereof I'll run for the hills, that isn't just the halo genre at all
Totally out of left field. I'll start next with my topic on what boat mechanics Halo Infinite should have if it's going to be a fishing game.

RPG mechanics doesn't equate to an RPG game. I don't think that a mainline game (Infinite) is going to replicate an experience that a side/spin-off game (Halo Wars 1/2) is known for. All they've said is that there is going to be a bigger world (which could be interpreted as CE's non-linear map designs). The "RPG systems" deal comes from a Game Rant article that is complete speculation. And at the very best, I'd assume super light RPG implementation. Halo has recently been getting flak for replicating games such as COD and the like; it would be in their best interest to go back to what they've done that made them great in the first place.

If there's any moral to the entirety of the hype for Halo Infinite, it's that you should probably avoid believing these articles and "insiders" without a healthy dose of skepticism; especially when the articles are admitting to speculation in their descriptions and titles.
I don't think they will go full on RPG. I'm guessing RPG elements will be Spartan customization and at most extreme a nonlinear campaign. We have our end goal, but need to travel to different places to get there. We get to choose such as mass effect.