Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

If there are flood...

OP SectionUnity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
If the flood come back, which have a possibility, they need to evolve like Halo did. Not in the bad way though. They need to not be like Halo 1-3 where you see patches of them here and there. What they really need to be like is The Flood from Halo 2 Awake the Nightmare DLC.

From a third person perspective, that was less exciting and scary but more annoying. However, I am POSITIVE that in a first person perspect.. seeing a swarm that huge running at your face will be pretty exciting and scary! You donʻt see them come out that often in swarms in the past games. I think they need to come out more if they reveal in Halo Infinite.
The Flood was in the story of Halo Wars 2? Post-Halo 5?

Man, I was hoping Halo 3 would’ve at least marked the end of that story. How is that even possible? Installation 04-2 was supposed to have wiped them all out on the Ark.
They've already demonstrated that they can have large quantities of AI on-screen at once with the heard of space rhinos, so imagine if that was translated into the Flood.

Man, I was hoping Halo 3 would’ve at least marked the end of that story. How is that even possible? Installation 04-2 was supposed to have wiped them all out on the Ark.
They were contained inside of the remains of High Charity by the Ark's Monitor and then the Brutes accidentally release them in the HW2 DLC. The original idea of the Halos was that they kill the Flood's food but not the Flood themselves. I believe that was later retconned so that the Halos kill their food as well as any Flood within close proximity to the firing. It's unclear how it actually worked at the end of 3, but I was always under the impression that the barely constructed Halo ring exploding is what did the damage and not the actual pulse.
After HW2 I'm really interested to see what they can do with the Flood in an FPS entry.

It's not fully explained even within the intel drops in the DLC. All it says is that while the replacement Halo burned away the Gravemind and most of the Flood, one spore is all that's needed to restart the infestation, suggesting that some spores survived and reformed an entire Proto-Gravemind in the 5-6 years since Halo 3.
It honestly felt like fanservice, given the lack of full explanation of the Flood's survival and growth, and that the Flood threat was both discovered and resolved within the context of the DLC; by the end of it, the Banished destroy the proto-Gravemind and re-establish the quarantine, making that particular outbreak unlikely to be of any major concern in Infinite.
The only part of Halo Wars 2 that is at all relevant to Halo Infinite is Installation 09 and Anders being on it, which Cortana and the Created are now in possession of. The Halo Infinite trailer showed us Installation 07 and suggested that it would be a major location in the game if not the only location like the original Halo. And if you've read the Forerunner Trilogy novels, you'd know the significance of the setting and just how plausible it is for the Flood to be present on the ring, albeit contained(Sounds familiar...). There's more significance than that, but that's the part that's relevant to this topic. There somewhere around 12 to 13 Proto-Graveminds in stasis and who knows what other kinds of Flood, as well as data on the Primordial, who we have already kind of met in the games.

Halo kills the Floods food, not the Flood itself. They must have chosen an alternate food source to survive on High Charity.
buzzsaw135 wrote:

Halo kills the Floods food, not the Flood itself. They must have chosen an alternate food source to survive on High Charity.
Another poster commented the same thing, and I agreed with it, until I rewatched one of the Halo 1 Anniversary terminals (the one for “Two Betrayals”, I believe), where the Flood actually are killed by Halo’s blast.
buzzsaw135 wrote:

No, the Halo target every sentient being that contains a nervous system within a maximum radius of 25.000 light years. That statement of "kills their food" isn't at all that accurate. So yes, it kills Flood, but only those preserved in Shield World, containment facilities, etc. survive for study.

Edit: And as for the topic, facing an Abomination might be problematic but cool. It's all I have to say :)
It would be cool to see some promethan vs flood stuff in a halo game but that will never happen.
TECH PON3 wrote:
It would be cool to see some promethan vs flood stuff in a halo game but that will never happen.
We don't know for sure. Zeta Halo has an incredible history with the Flood and possibly still has some specimens stored there. And since Cortana's uprising, there might be a chance that we may see Prometheans against the Flood. But, if there's one thing I know for sure is that Prometheans would likely win. I mean, they're BUILT to fight the Flood.
TECH PON3 wrote:
We don't know for sure. Zeta Halo has an incredible history with the Flood and possibly still has some specimens stored there. And since Cortana's uprising, there might be a chance that we may see Prometheans against the Flood. But, if there's one thing I know for sure is that Prometheans would likely win. I mean, they're BUILT to fight the Flood.
They were built to fight the Flood, yes. Doesn't mean they were effective.

There's a reason the Halos were used as the last resort.
Killing an Abonimation would be a good start, otherwise I really don’t want them in it.
Why don’t new flood evolve to take over prometheans?
Chimera30 wrote:
TECH PON3 wrote:
They were built to fight the Flood, yes. Doesn't mean they were effective.

There's a reason the Halos were used as the last resort.
They were likely effective, just insufficient numbers at the time they finally appeared. I mean, the Flood already had some Keyminds...
Yes, Halos are a last resort but the Didact was against their use.
Because they're machine although they can still be corrupted by the Logic Plague, which is highly unlikely and impractical.
Prometheans, at least the Knights, are purpose-built to be immune from Flood infection. They've got no biomass to exploit and upon critical damage they disintegrate and leave nothing outside of a weapon that the Flood could use. Maybe if a Gravemind is formed or it reaches the "Keymind" stage where it could utilize the logic plague to it's fullest, but I'd imagine the Didact would have put in a failsafe of some sort to counter that scenario.
Knight can't be infected due ro the "AI" being a composed of devole humans and some warrior-servent. So the knights can't be infected by the logic plaque but agurements can be though (i.e soldiers). But I do not know if crawlers and watchers are the same as the knight.
If the flood comeback to "Halo Infinite" they're more than welcome to comeback. The comeback of the flood just means more fun.
If the flood comeback to "Halo Infinite" they're more than welcome to comeback. The comeback of the flood just means more fun.
As long as it makes sense, I agree.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2