Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

If there are flood...

OP SectionUnity

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Chimera30 wrote:
We don't know for sure. Zeta Halo has an incredible history with the Flood and possibly still has some specimens stored there. And since Cortana's uprising, there might be a chance that we may see Prometheans against the Flood. But, if there's one thing I know for sure is that Prometheans would likely win. I mean, they're BUILT to fight the Flood.
They were built to fight the Flood, yes. Doesn't mean they were effective.

There's a reason the Halos were used as the last resort.
They were likely effective, just insufficient numbers at the time they finally appeared. I mean, the Flood already had some Keyminds...

Yes, Halos are a last resort but the Didact was against their use.
Didact was against their use because the Primordial infected him with the logic plague, causing his hatred of humanity and obsession with the Mantle to cloud his judgement and reject the Halos, in favor of using the Composers to make Prometheans (which the Primordial knew would not be enough to defeat the Flood).

At the level of minor outbreaks, Sentinels are generally enough to sterilize and maintain quarantine. So a small scale outbreak would likely be contained by Promethean forces, as well. But at the macro level, Prometheans aren't enough. Since there is unlikely to be a large scale outbreak on Installation 07, any Promethean vs Flood encounters would indeed likely end in the Prometheans favor, but only because the Flood wouldn't be at full strength. But since we also don't know exactly how large Cortana's Promethean force is, it's really up in the air about how such a conflict would end.
If the Flood come back, then I want a shotgun that's effective at both medium and close range, along with more than five rounds at a time. Basically, I want the Halo Ce or Halo 3/Reach era shotguns back, but mostly the CE era shotgun. The Halo 2 shotgun is a joke unless your opponent is within arms reach of you.

Also, yes the Flood will need to change a bit, but not so much that they become unrecognizable. However, with Promethean weapons available, I would love to use those against the Flood. Promethean weapons would make Flood missions so much fun, especially considering how all of the Promethean weapons are clearly designed for fighting the Flood in the first place. That would be cool. Oh, and I want the flamethrower back as well.
I want the flood from CE and Halo 2. I never liked the flood in Halo 3. The new flood forms are more annoying than scary like they used to be. I won't bash Halo Wars 2, but their presence was limited to DLC in a secondary title with a totally different POV. Not much to go on there. If the flood should change, change their behavior. Make them more aggressive or travel in larger packs. We don't need new forms. Especially not more Pure or Ranged forms, which are absolute garbage.
Lets only hope they return in halo 5
If the Flood come back, then I want a shotgun that's effective at both medium and close range, along with more than five rounds at a time. Basically, I want the Halo Ce or Halo 3/Reach era shotguns back, but mostly the CE era shotgun. The Halo 2 shotgun is a joke unless your opponent is within arms reach of you.

Also, yes the Flood will need to change a bit, but not so much that they become unrecognizable. However, with Promethean weapons available, I would love to use those against the Flood. Promethean weapons would make Flood missions so much fun, especially considering how all of the Promethean weapons are clearly designed for fighting the Flood in the first place. That would be cool. Oh, and I want the flamethrower back as well.
Agreed that would make the flood missions fun. Blasting away flood with Promethians weapons.
Mate, sounds cool, I always enjoyed fighting the flood.

Exept ranged pureforms in H3, they blew goats!
If i were to bring them back, this is how i would do it:
Ok, step 1: The flood are back. we're on another halo, They're back. But! the humans still think they're dead.
2: Cortana has logic plague
3: Promethians have logic plague
4: Combat forms will release infectors upon death
5: all infectors can revive combat forms
6: Guardians can activate halo rings if an ai is present.
SO!
We have a game back on a halo. the unsc infinity could have some kind of prototype weapon that can create slipspace portals or something, just needs to be able to move a guardian. It is discovered that Cortana has a guardian on the ring in halo 5. so cortana will move it into the centre of the ring, locked by the gravity well. she plans to activate halo, but she needs the index. first few missions are general halo badassery, idk what but cool stuff. mission 4 or 5, we go to a grsvity well. the plan is the use the infinity to launch the guardian out of range, but its locked by the gravity wells. so we have a mission where we use tanks to destroy one. NEXT MISSION! We have no vehicles, similar to GS343. very similar. we end up going to deep, and BANG! flood! mass confusion, humans retreat, then a library mission, and we eventually find ourselves at a mission where we find that cortana is infected with logic plague, big twist, Then we have a mssion where we destroy the last gravity well. Bing bang boom, everything is going well, when the infinity is overrun with flood. we need to get go outside the ship. since theres no grav wells, it could be zero gravity. that'd actualy be kinda fun. anyways, you need to repower the weapon, then get in a broadsword and destroy the guardians shield. finally, you have a final boss fight with cortana. no other side promethian like didact or warden, just cortana. kill her, then get in your broadsword and escape to infinity. Game done. GG
LargeKnome wrote:
If i were to bring them back, this is how i would do it:
Ok, step 1: The flood are back. we're on another halo, They're back. But! the humans still think they're dead.
2: Cortana has logic plague
3: Promethians have logic plague
4: Combat forms will release infectors upon death
5: all infectors can revive combat forms
6: Guardians can activate halo rings if an ai is present.
SO!
We have a game back on a halo. the unsc infinity could have some kind of prototype weapon that can create slipspace portals or something, just needs to be able to move a guardian. It is discovered that Cortana has a guardian on the ring in halo 5. so cortana will move it into the centre of the ring, locked by the gravity well. she plans to activate halo, but she needs the index. first few missions are general halo badassery, idk what but cool stuff. mission 4 or 5, we go to a grsvity well. the plan is the use the infinity to launch the guardian out of range, but its locked by the gravity wells. so we have a mission where we use tanks to destroy one. NEXT MISSION! We have no vehicles, similar to GS343. very similar. we end up going to deep, and BANG! flood! mass confusion, humans retreat, then a library mission, and we eventually find ourselves at a mission where we find that cortana is infected with logic plague, big twist, Then we have a mssion where we destroy the last gravity well. Bing bang boom, everything is going well, when the infinity is overrun with flood. we need to get go outside the ship. since theres no grav wells, it could be zero gravity. that'd actualy be kinda fun. anyways, you need to repower the weapon, then get in a broadsword and destroy the guardians shield. finally, you have a final boss fight with cortana. no other side promethian like didact or warden, just cortana. kill her, then get in your broadsword and escape to infinity. Game done. GG
The Prometheans infected by the Logic Plague? That's literally impossible.
When a Combat form dies, so does the Pod Infector that overtook it.
Halo rings can only be activated by organic, uninfected Humans or Forerunners. 343 Guilty Spark himself said that a Reclaimer is required to activate Halo.
Every ship can create slipspace portals o they can TRAVEL. This isn't something new to the Infinity.
Guardians are used to enforce peace on troubled worlds and Cortana says that in the beginning of The Breaking. As such, Guardians are unlikely to be found in Halo rings, possibly also because they aren't too effective against the Flood.
If Cortana wants to deliver her gift and protect every specie in the Galaxy why would she activate the Halos? Also, she should still have the Index from Alpha Halo.
How do you destroy a GUARDIAN using a small tank?
So, recycle CE's first Flood missions?
Even if the Infinity is invaded by the Flood, S-IVs could potentially successfully defend it. Spartan augmentation made Flood infection EXTREMELY difficult. The Infinity even has simulations for S-IVs to train against potential Flood outbreaks.
The Flood are DEFINITELY coming back. After their return in Halo Wars 2 10 years later from Halo 3, and the runes carved in the cave shot within Infinites trailer deciphered as "Enemy Within", and the setting being Installation 07 in 2560, it would be a shame if 343 decided to not include them again.
The Flood are DEFINITELY coming back. After their return in Halo Wars 2 10 years later from Halo 3, and the runes carved in the cave shot within Infinites trailer deciphered as "Enemy Within", and the setting being Installation 07 in 2560, it would be a shame if 343 decided to not include them again.
The breakout in HW2 however was contained by the Banished.
That "Enemy Within" doesn't exclusively mention the Flood. It's (likely) Ancient Human writing and they had a hatred for the Forerunners. If anything, they could possibly be talking about Faber, The Master Builder who conducted vile and horrible experiments on Humans in hopes to find a cure for the Flood in the Palace of Pain.
LargeKnome wrote:
If i were to bring them back, this is how i would do it:
Ok, step 1: The flood are back. we're on another halo, They're back. But! the humans still think they're dead.
2: Cortana has logic plague
3: Promethians have logic plague
4: Combat forms will release infectors upon death
5: all infectors can revive combat forms
6: Guardians can activate halo rings if an ai is present.
SO!
We have a game back on a halo. the unsc infinity could have some kind of prototype weapon that can create slipspace portals or something, just needs to be able to move a guardian. It is discovered that Cortana has a guardian on the ring in halo 5. so cortana will move it into the centre of the ring, locked by the gravity well. she plans to activate halo, but she needs the index. first few missions are general halo badassery, idk what but cool stuff. mission 4 or 5, we go to a grsvity well. the plan is the use the infinity to launch the guardian out of range, but its locked by the gravity wells. so we have a mission where we use tanks to destroy one. NEXT MISSION! We have no vehicles, similar to GS343. very similar. we end up going to deep, and BANG! flood! mass confusion, humans retreat, then a library mission, and we eventually find ourselves at a mission where we find that cortana is infected with logic plague, big twist, Then we have a mssion where we destroy the last gravity well. Bing bang boom, everything is going well, when the infinity is overrun with flood. we need to get go outside the ship. since theres no grav wells, it could be zero gravity. that'd actualy be kinda fun. anyways, you need to repower the weapon, then get in a broadsword and destroy the guardians shield. finally, you have a final boss fight with cortana. no other side promethian like didact or warden, just cortana. kill her, then get in your broadsword and escape to infinity. Game done. GG
The Prometheans infected by the Logic Plague? That's literally impossible.
When a Combat form dies, so does the Pod Infector that overtook it.
Halo rings can only be activated by organic, uninfected Humans or Forerunners. 343 Guilty Spark himself said that a Reclaimer is required to activate Halo.
Every ship can create slipspace portals o they can TRAVEL. This isn't something new to the Infinity.
Guardians are used to enforce peace on troubled worlds and Cortana says that in the beginning of The Breaking. As such, Guardians are unlikely to be found in Halo rings, possibly also because they aren't too effective against the Flood.
If Cortana wants to deliver her gift and protect every specie in the Galaxy why would she activate the Halos? Also, she should still have the Index from Alpha Halo.
How do you destroy a GUARDIAN using a small tank?
So, recycle CE's first Flood missions?
Even if the Infinity is invaded by the Flood, S-IVs could potentially successfully defend it. Spartan augmentation made Flood infection EXTREMELY difficult. The Infinity even has simulations for S-IVs to train against potential Flood outbreaks.
OK: 1) Yeah, fair enough, flood promethians isnt possible.
2) Maybe mutated combat forms?
3) Cortana had the index in CE, Its not that big a leap to jump
4) In the end of halo 5, it shows cortana turning on a ring. But there were no flood? maybe... its part of her plan?
5) I never said a tank was taking on a guardian.
6) Yes. The point of putting it on infinity is partially for that. An epic battle with lots of spartan 4s, osiris, and blue team.
7) Yes, But some kind of Cannnon to launch and maybe destroy the guardians. I gave Slipspace as an idea.
8) Its installation 04, not alpha halo
LargeKnome wrote:
LargeKnome wrote:
OK: 1) Yeah, fair enough, flood promethians isnt possible.
2) Maybe mutated combat forms?
3) Cortana had the index in CE, Its not that big a leap to jump
4) In the end of halo 5, it shows cortana turning on a ring. But there were no flood? maybe... its part of her plan?
5) I never said a tank was taking on a guardian.
6) Yes. The point of putting it on infinity is partially for that. An epic battle with lots of spartan 4s, osiris, and blue team.
7) Yes, But some kind of Cannnon to launch and maybe destroy the guardians. I gave Slipspace as an idea.
8) Its installation 04, not alpha halo
2) The Flood managed to evolve as we saw in HW2. I think it wouldn't be far-fetched for the Flood managed to pull that off.
4) She could probably be thinking on simply controlling it. I dunno, at this point I just can't see what they're going to do with the story. But she sure isn't thinking on activating the rings, ESPECIALLY if she's infected by the Logic Plague.
5) It's what I understood. Sorry.
6) Uh... I can't see that really happening. Even if the Flood managed to invade one of the hangars, I think it would be quickly contained by S-IVs, or maybe by Infinity's point defense system, since a ship requires access to dock in a hangar. No response = illegal entry.
7) 2 of the Infinity's SMACs were able to punch a hole big enough for Chief to enter the Mantle's Approach. Theoretically, due to being much smaller, a single SMAC could potentially destroy or heavily cripple a Guardian, even a ODP's.
8) Alpha Halo IS Installation 04. Just like Zeta Halo is Installation 07 or Delta Halo is Installation 05.
LargeKnome wrote:
LargeKnome wrote:
OK: 1) Yeah, fair enough, flood promethians isnt possible.
2) Maybe mutated combat forms?
3) Cortana had the index in CE, Its not that big a leap to jump
4) In the end of halo 5, it shows cortana turning on a ring. But there were no flood? maybe... its part of her plan?
5) I never said a tank was taking on a guardian.
6) Yes. The point of putting it on infinity is partially for that. An epic battle with lots of spartan 4s, osiris, and blue team.
7) Yes, But some kind of Cannnon to launch and maybe destroy the guardians. I gave Slipspace as an idea.
8) Its installation 04, not alpha halo
2) The Flood managed to evolve as we saw in HW2. I think it wouldn't be far-fetched for the Flood managed to pull that off.
4) She could probably be thinking on simply controlling it. I dunno, at this point I just can't see what they're going to do with the story. But she sure isn't thinking on activating the rings, ESPECIALLY if she's infected by the Logic Plague.
5) It's what I understood. Sorry.
6) Uh... I can't see that really happening. Even if the Flood managed to invade one of the hangars, I think it would be quickly contained by S-IVs, or maybe by Infinity's point defense system, since a ship requires access to dock in a hangar. No response = illegal entry.
7) 2 of the Infinity's SMACs were able to punch a hole big enough for Chief to enter the Mantle's Approach. Theoretically, due to being much smaller, a single SMAC could potentially destroy or heavily cripple a Guardian, even a ODP's.
8) Alpha Halo IS Installation 04. Just like Zeta Halo is Installation 07 or Delta Halo is Installation 05.
4) True, fair enough
5) That's ok. a broadsword is the fighter used in the last level of halo 4.
6) One way this could work is cortana hacks the infinity. As i understood it, she did that in halo 5. (In this continuity that i am going with, cortana has got logic plague.)
7) Perfect! That could be the heavy weaponry!
8) Thanks! my bad.
LargeKnome wrote:
LargeKnome wrote:
LargeKnome wrote:
4) True, fair enough
5) That's ok. a broadsword is the fighter used in the last level of halo 4.
6) One way this could work is cortana hacks the infinity. As i understood it, she did that in halo 5. (In this continuity that i am going with, cortana has got logic plague.)
7) Perfect! That could be the heavy weaponry!
8) Thanks! my bad.
6) I don't think she hacked he Infinity, at least completely. They still managed to use the emergency jump. Plus there's Roland.
7) Yes, but listen to the special word: theoretically. I still believe an ODP's gun could destroy a Guardian but it's not fact. However, ODPs still have to aim and that takes quite some time, enough for the Guardian to set that EMP off then get out like it's not it's fault.
LargeKnome wrote:
LargeKnome wrote:
LargeKnome wrote:
4) True, fair enough
5) That's ok. a broadsword is the fighter used in the last level of halo 4.
6) One way this could work is cortana hacks the infinity. As i understood it, she did that in halo 5. (In this continuity that i am going with, cortana has got logic plague.)
7) Perfect! That could be the heavy weaponry!
8) Thanks! my bad.
6) I don't think she hacked he Infinity, at least completely. They still managed to use the emergency jump. Plus there's Roland.
7) Yes, but listen to the special word: theoretically. I still believe an ODP's gun could destroy a Guardian but it's not fact. However, ODPs still have to aim and that takes quite some time, enough for the Guardian to set that EMP off then get out like it's not it's fault.
6) True, idk how it would work then. just an idea.
7) Maybe Aiming while chief is taking down the shield, or having to stop the guardian from leaving.
TECH PON3 wrote:
Why don’t new flood evolve to take over prometheans?
Knight can't be infected due ro the "AI" being a composed of devole humans and some warrior-servent. So the knights can't be infected by the logic plaque but agurements can be though (i.e soldiers). But I do not know if crawlers and watchers are the same as the knight.
But what about a meta gravemind? Could that control prometheans?
Let's just all agree that we don't know how the flood works, fully. All we know is that they are annoying af, and that there is a possibility that they return in Halo Infinite.

I mean if the universe is infinite, there's a big chance that there is flood out there. And maybe other species, who knows?
TECH PON3 wrote:
But what about a meta gravemind? Could that control prometheans?
You probably mean a Keymind, and my answer is a no. At the time the Prometheans rose, the Flood already had a good number of Keyminds (or completely consumed planets), and there's still no reports or Prometheans under the effects of the Logic Plague, assuming it's even possible.
Couber wrote:
Let's just all agree that we don't know how the flood works, fully. All we know is that they are annoying af, and that there is a possibility that they return in Halo Infinite.

I mean if the universe is infinite, there's a big chance that there is flood out there. And maybe other species, who knows?
Forgot to quote, but, we know MUCH about the Flood. Check Hidden Xperia. He has LOTS of videos on Flood lore.
What they need to do is if they bring the flood back create new lore on them while showing sides of the classic flood we never saw, such as during the Forerunner Human War before the launch of the Halo Rings.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3