Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

If Weapon Attachments return...

OP Sylxeria

Please, please, please.... For the love of the Forerunners and everything in between....
Do. Not. Bring back the Bayonet. Just please. Don't.

I'm fine with the Laser Targeter, Sound Dampener, Kinetic Bolts and Threat Marker... But no Bayonets. Never ever again.

And on a side-note, if alternate scopes end up being a thing again, don't do what Halo 5 did and implement cool things like Morph and COG only for you to be stuck with the base weapon. Ditto with new attachments. Find a way from the get-go to allow for expansion without making those expansions less useful.

Mind you I'm not going to lose sleep if Attachments don't return, and we're back to simplistic overlays for scopes (Which looks so out of place in Halo 5 as it is. I love the Classic BR scope but it feels so weird compared to Longshot or Recon) but "if" attachments do return..... No Bayonets thanks.
What's wrong with the Bayonet? Functionally it's no different than having a Bruteshot because you get a slight boost in melee damage which is supposed to be a last ditch effort thing.
I didn't care much for the attachments and stuff. I find the original way weapons work to be much more enjoyable, having your basic gear and then power weapons scattered around. Halo needs to focus more on it's arena roots. Attachments don't quite fit in too well in my opinion.
Haha as much as I love the bayonet, I have to agree with you. I’d like them to get rid of the preset versions entirely. Hopefully they’ll do away with the REQ system entirely as well and, if there are attachments, we’ll be able to make and carry our favorites as loadouts in non-Arena modes.
What's wrong with the Bayonet? Functionally it's no different than having a Bruteshot because you get a slight boost in melee damage which is supposed to be a last ditch effort thing.
Same thing that's wrong with Halo 4's Boltshot: You can spawn with it.

tuhin94 wrote:
Haha as much as I love the bayonet, I have to agree with you. I’d like them to get rid of the preset versions entirely. Hopefully they’ll do away with the REQ system entirely as well and, if there are attachments, we’ll be able to make and carry our favorites as loadouts in non-Arena modes.
Yeah I mean, the REQ system I've got a love-hate relation with. On one hand, I kinda like being able to just pick something up and do whatever with it, and it's limited to just the resident "Pure Chaos" playlist but.... Well on the other there's the $ involved and the sheer chaos. The chaos part's a 50/50 for me admittedly. I like chaos but then at times....

Honestly, I think if they had a game like Halo Wars 2's "Terminus Firefight" the system'd be right at home there. Spend your energy putting up special defenses, calling in a group of AI to help hold down an area, or whatever. Then cut the $ $ $ part of the system out and have it be in-game points only, and I think we got a thing most of us could probably live with. Oh, and as long as Arena remains pure yes - Attachments should stay in non-standard modes, or at *worst* be a pick up on the map. The suppressed AR in Arena was okay, but I wouldn't want to see Threat Marker or Laser Targeter in there.

Why Threat Marker? Well, imagine you're in an engagement and the other guy ducks around the corner. They could pop out of either side or go up top or even around the corner or heck even stay put. For a few seconds, Threat Marker's going to give that away and you'll be able to lead your next shot, grenade, or whatever at where they're about to go. Not something for Arena I think.
I still don't see the problem. Are you saying it's overpowered or something?
Again, same problem as the Boltshot. Where Halo 4's Boltshot was a "Pocket Shotgun" you could spawn with, the Bayonet is a "Mini Energy Sword" that you can attach to any loadout weapon sans the Magnum. Complete with the increased lunge range and instant-kill to anyone not Overshielded or running Upgraded Shields that an Energy Sword would bring. All without the need to spend any Energy and you can use it on your loadouts at no cost.
Sylxeria wrote:
Again, same problem as the Boltshot. Where Halo 4's Boltshot was a "Pocket Shotgun" you could spawn with, the Bayonet is a "Mini Energy Sword" that you can attach to any loadout weapon sans the Magnum. Complete with the increased lunge range and instant-kill to anyone not Overshielded or running Upgraded Shields that an Energy Sword would bring. All without the need to spend any Energy and you can use it on your loadouts at no cost.
You're seeing the 'pros' to those who use it without taking into consideration any of the 'cons'.

Pros:
-can be on most starter weapons
-strong melee ability
-huge lunge radius
-minimum cost

Cons:
-effective range is insignificant in comparison to the size of most maps
-can only be equipped on Warzone
-weakness is ranged assailants
-outclassed by pretty much anything medium to long range and sometimes even close range

Also take into account how often it's even used by the players. Many might prefer other attachments instead.

For something to be changed, it would have to have a negative impact greater than 50% of the total value of just about anything. Win rate when being used, pick rate over everything else (which would have a significantly different set of percentages simply because there's so many weapons and attachments), effectiveness, etc.
I don't think the bayonet is the problem. I think the issue lies with Warzone itself, which requires plenty of improvements. Even then, Warzone will always be flawed due to its reliance on REQ packs. I would love to see a similar bayonet specific to a single weapon. I'm not a fan of the whole attachment idea outside of Forging maps for custom games.
Honestly I'm fine with the bayonet, it only really becomes a problem towards the end of warzone (ignoring turbo) and although you can spawn with it, its not until level 8 or so. I've seen some comparisons to the H4 boltshot which I think isn't fair as one you can spawn with at the start whereas the other requires you to play the match. The H4 boltshot was an immediate issue in the match and a cheap way to earn kills throughout the match but the bayonets were rewards for playing the match (somewhat well) through to the end. As annoying as it is I wouldn't mind the bayonet staying so long as it remains an end match type spawn.
I love the bayonet, though I can't say the same about the REQ system in general. I hope the bayonet is included in one way or another-- would be fine with it being something only in the campaign, or only on one weapon (and not as an attachment). I just wanna be able to shoot and stab with the same weapon in some capacity.
Please, please, please.... For the love of the Forerunners and everything in between....
Do. Not. Bring back weapon attachments at all. Just please. Don't.

;)