Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

If you could have 1 thing in Halo Infinite?

OP Prophet of Cava

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
I say this in nearly every one of these types of topics:

Super Ultra Big Team Invasion

50 vs 50 player matches on huge maps with tons of vehicles.
I think 343 should bring back the original movement style, get rid of micro-transactions, bring back the hard hitting weapon sound effects of CE, remove spartan abilities and power ups entirely, possibly dump Prometheans, and I know this might sound insane, but add a first person option for vehicles and turrets.
I still think AA and loadouts could be fine as an additional option in Forge. If AA are in the arena MP, they should work as limited pick-ups on the map. They're a fine additional feature for firefight, Forge modes and Invasion-like social playlists, but shouldn't be part of the main dish at all. You know what I mean?

Halo works the best as a modular title imho, but only with the classic gameplay without sprint as its foundation.

Just my two cents about the issue! 🙃
Something not mentioned and kind of small, but choice of a first person view as a passenger in Warthog, Scorpion (sitting on treads as well as turret) Wraith, Hornet, Falcon, Prowler, Spectre, Revanant, etc. Similar to how Halo CE played it out. I believe the issue tied to it was that it gave players motion sickness? Either or I feel like it's more "immersive". The only downfall I could see would be better accuracy as being more zoomed in versus third person reticule. But I mean third person gives a more stable aiming ability, yet first person would give you more range in theory. On top of that I think the passenger in a hog should get a little less restriction in the direction they can aim, I'd say let it go as far as each side/ up or down as long as it doesn't directly let you shoot the guy occupying the turret behind you. Or any part of the hog for that matter.
Another crazy idea, now as a post launch quality of life sort of thing, give us the ability to have player models containing SPI clad SIIIs and ODSTs, each with their own damage resistances etc. I know playing as an ODST in a custom game where someone could be a hostile spartan would seem insane, but I could see some player beaming a smug smile if they wiped out a bunch of players as spartans while they themselves played as a squishy ODST. This would also make interesting custom gametypes the community could put together. I know resources shouldn't exactly focus on this as a priority, but as a later down-the-line update. Now also considering ODSTs wouldn't move as quick as a spartan or jump as high, they could have their own unique type of function. Prone maybe? And I know that someone will jump on the wagon and insult me saying that's some "dumb COD ability" but in all honesty it isn't a feature Call of Duty invented, like ADS for example. (Off topic but still) otherwise I'm open to criticism or praise, or expansion on the ability or something that would work better. Iunno.

Edit: This stuff would be custom games only unless some sort of action sack playlist could utilize it, I by no means would ever expect this in a ranked matchmaking playlist.
Allow us to add patterns as a replacement for skins. When you select an armor, you can choose a pattern and color said pattern. There can be a bunch of patterns like camo, stripes, etc.
A truly great story. In my opinion 343 hasn’t produced one yet, though Halo 4 had some cool parts. With the current situation in the Halo universe there is plenty potential for an epic, unforgettable story line, I hope they take full advantage of it.
An expanded Spartan Company system from H5 would have to be my top pick at the moment,
Colbolt96 wrote:
Offline "challenging" MP Bots, that play all the game modes you choose, no which style of play you choose, that play all objectives, and use all vehicles and all weapons and use all parts of the map, instead of them, just running around in the middle of the map, like COD.
Just straight up nothing else.
And maybe bring back Bloodgulch or a variant of it.
This and 4 player split screen! Wanting this for a looong time
Halo Reach style customization.

Flood in campaign/flood themes maps in multi.
Colbolt96 wrote:
Offline "challenging" MP Bots, that play all the game modes you choose, no which style of play you choose, that play all objectives, and use all vehicles and all weapons and use all parts of the map, instead of them, just running around in the middle of the map, like COD.
Let's also hope for a 4player split screen co-op campaign 😫😍😍
Colbolt96 wrote:
Colbolt96 wrote:
Let's also hope for a 4player split screen co-op campaign 😫😍😍
Yes! We singing the same chorus
Man. All of these opinions sound great. Many I haven't even thought of, But if I could have one thing they got to bring back the Flood campaign and firefight.
Gibson8r wrote:
Man. All of these opinions sound great. Many I haven't even thought of, But if I could have one thing they got to bring back the Flood campaign and firefight.
Several forum members are saying flood and they brought them back in halo wars 2. Im willing to bet we will have flood in some shape or form in halo infinite.
I would really love it if we could play as grunts that would be very nice
What would be cool though not at the top of the list is the ability to use the fist of Rukt.
Blood. Bring back the violence levels to the way it was before
Large scale non linear campaign levels with large scale arenas for vehicle combat. New alexandria in reach was pretty much the only time we got something like this.
Different Armor markings that players can put on there character like emile's visor in reach.
Allow us to add patterns as a replacement for skins. When you select an armor, you can choose a pattern and color said pattern. There can be a bunch of patterns like camo, stripes, etc.
So basically how DOOM 2016 did it, with being able to unlock tons of extra patterns as well.

I just hope it'll be a soft reboot for the franchise as a whole in a way, it'll be the first brand new full, complete Halo experience on PC since H2 Vista, (MCC is a collection of older titles, doesn't count in that respect), so the PC players deserve a good introduction to the franchise, as they may be the key to reviving interest in Halo as a whole alongside the MCC release, but for newer titles in the series instead.
No microtransactions.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5