Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

If you could have 1 thing in Halo Infinite?

OP Prophet of Cava

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
This is a hard one so I'll split it into 2,
For the campaign, I want to see an expansive story featuring Mendicant Bias, and upon finishing the Cortana threat a hint that the Precursors are returning to test humanity and its allies for the Mantle.

For multiplayer, the Reach lobby system, I want to be able to see who I'm up against, I want to see their armour, and even their Halo legacy if they bring that feature back. The Halo 5 lobby is so dull, just seeing emblems and nothing else, that was a massive downgrade.
I think 343 should bring back the original movement style, get rid of micro-transactions, bring back the hard hitting weapon sound effects of CE, remove spartan abilities and power ups entirely, possibly dump Prometheans, and I know this might sound insane, but add a first person option for vehicles and turrets.
I still think AA and loadouts could be fine as an additional option in Forge. If AA are in the arena MP, they should work as limited pick-ups on the map. They're a fine additional feature for firefight, Forge modes and Invasion-like social playlists, but shouldn't be part of the main dish at all. You know what I mean?

Halo works the best as a modular title imho, but only with the classic gameplay without sprint as its foundation.

Just my two cents about the issue! 🙃
My thoughts exactly really. Things like Jetpack and Promethean Vision were really cool IN CONCEPT but for the hardcore Arena side of things they disrupted the gameplay something fierce.

But the problem is that even if that's Campaign or Customs only, you'll still get people grabbing their pitch forks over the very fact they exist period - doesn't matter if it affects them personally or not, just them being in the game in any way or form at all is enough.
Dimkee Hotay the Grunt working with Chief.
Well, I've replied to a lot of these kinds of threads and I don't know if it would be my main thing, but one thing I definitely think is the UI in Infinite needs to be A LOT better then it was in Halo 5.

Infinite UI needs to be more along the lines of Halo 3/Reach I think. The fact that we can't mute individual people for example, in the pre-game lobby in Halo 5 is an absolute joke and should of never happen.
If you mean ANYTHING, the ability to play the campaign from the veiw of a grunt.
If you mean anything reasonable, either ODST magnum or Halo Reach Revenant(Mini Wraith)
the security armor as it was in halo 3. I really don't like the reach version of security, it looks more like an EVA helmet as its completely missing the bug-eyed bowling ball look that made it unique. I liked the halo 5 version as it was closer to it's bug-eyed halo 3 appearance. however it's skin/variants are an eye-sore with lines of secondary color scattered across it or green splotches or white lines everywhere, ruining the silhouette of a potentially great helmet.
AI in forge.
User Generated Content
For the campaign, I want to see an expansive story featuring Mendicant Bias, and upon finishing the Cortana threat a hint that the Precursors are returning to test humanity and its allies for the Mantle.

For multiplayer, the Reach lobby system, I want to be able to see who I'm up against, I want to see their armour, and even their Halo legacy if they bring that feature back. The Halo 5 lobby is so dull, just seeing emblems and nothing else, that was a massive downgrade.
Yes to the Reach lobby.
Bubble Shield
A strong focus on in-game community building would be awesome. Nothing seems to match the magic of befriending someone in matchmaking and playing stupid fun custom games for hours on end just because. A challenge system similar to Reach's would be awesome as well.
Sylxeria wrote:
Spawnable AI in forge so we can make our own mini-firefight and stuff.
I second this!
Bring back the classic Halo movement system! It was one of the things i hated the most with five. To me it was the same as Call of Duty. Especially with the boost!More importantly, With that change many of the old school players left myself included. Many of us feat that we were being ignored, but in the last few months it seems that 343 is making an effort to bring us back. I have not actively played halo since halo 4's launch. 343 Has brought me back with MCC on PC. Although,if infinite has the movement system of five i will not get it, and would be willing to bet that most of the old players won't as well.
For me it's hands down a great story. My biggest attraction to Halo is the story. It's no secret that many were incredibly disappointed with Halo 5 in where it took the story. Here's hoping they've got good writers who can make a great and memorable story.

Reach lobby; yes.

But the Precursors are problematic. For one they're all extinct; well, technically they're all the flood now. With nothing feeling final in the Halo series as of late (Forerunners didn't die of ring explosion apparently/Ark is now back up to function and back to being a threat to the galaxy/343 guilty spark survived/etc.) and death not feeling permanent, I feel like a Precursor return would only play into the "nothing is final" bit and do a serious spin move on the lore. Or maybe the Precursors aren't entirely dead? I don't know, but that just would never settle with me and it wouldn't feel right.

Rant/extensive explanation warningI never liked the idea of the Forerunners coming back; even if Bungie did it I don't know if I would like it. The Forerunners were supposed to be ancient beings of wonder and mystery who we never could exactly pinpoint who they were, but were only left with their relics and artifacts to discover things about them. It's like the artifacts we have here on Earth; we like to wonder about them and many things like the Easter Island statues have become famous because of how odd they are. We can find out likely ways of how the people of the past could've made these relics, but we will never know for 100% sure how these were made because we weren't there. Now imagine someone came and explained how the Easter Island statues were made who was there (somehow). The news would lose it, everyone would get really surprised, and then... it wouldn't be as significant anymore because it's not a puzzle. Or at least that's my take on the Forerunners.
Izaya wrote:
Another crazy idea, now as a post launch quality of life sort of thing, give us the ability to have player models containing SPI clad SIIIs and ODSTs, each with their own damage resistances etc. I know playing as an ODST in a custom game where someone could be a hostile spartan would seem insane, but I could see some player beaming a smug smile if they wiped out a bunch of players as spartans while they themselves played as a squishy ODST. This would also make interesting custom gametypes the community could put together. I know resources shouldn't exactly focus on this as a priority, but as a later down-the-line update. Now also considering ODSTs wouldn't move as quick as a spartan or jump as high, they could have their own unique type of function. Prone maybe? And I know that someone will jump on the wagon and insult me saying that's some "dumb COD ability" but in all honesty it isn't a feature Call of Duty invented, like ADS for example. (Off topic but still) otherwise I'm open to criticism or praise, or expansion on the ability or something that would work better. Iunno.

Edit: This stuff would be custom games only unless some sort of action sack playlist could utilize it, I by no means would ever expect this in a ranked matchmaking playlist.
That actually sounds like a ton of fun. That would make custom games incredibly interesting, because of the extra dynamic that adds.
I would really like a Spartan Ops style mode. I thought spartan ops was loads of fun, I played it with some friends a long time ago. feels like forever.
I would really like a Spartan Ops style mode. I thought spartan ops was loads of fun, I played it with some friends a long time ago. feels like forever.
I agree, in a spin on this though I think it would be a neat "side campaign" sort of deal since Infinite is supposed to be Chief focused. I could see it as a way to still see what Osiris team is up to, Alpha 9 possibly, Majestic, notable Swords of Sangheilios Sangheili etc. Give us more perspectives and story expansion without cutting into the campaign. Halo 5's issue was relying on outside media for lore on characters etc and not enough Blue Team. We could also get more Crimson Team if so desired, and if funds are good for 343i they should keep giving us content and story if the players desire it.
I think it'd be a great thing to bring back too but only if its like an extra campaign like the other person just said. The way it was handled in Halo 4 I did not like at all. If it was instead treated as a way to create many unique missions that you otherwise weren't able to have during the main campaign that'd be a blast!
Firefight like in Reach. I play Halo reach and I was a little disappointed when Halo 4 didn't have it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5