Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

IMPROVED HOLOGRAM EQUIPMENT

OP STEELBARBER

Armor abilities seem like a possibility with the introduction of Grapple Hook and Deployable cover.
I've always been a fan of Reach's hologram armor ability and it's hilarious when you're able to trick someone and get an advantage.
However it doesn't take long to figure out if it's a hologram by looking at it's predictable behavior and narrow walking.
If Holograms get re-introduced into Halo I think it's behavior should completely mimic a player. Have the Hologram actually walk toward the nearest enemy player and shoot at the player without actually hurting them. It'd be a perfect diversion and make holograms worth using again.
To be fair now that they appear as red on the radar in MCC reach, it is decent enough. Turn a corner, shoot it out, and back smack your pursuer. H4 works exactly the same except the hologram can tbag.
I think the abilities have been clarified to be more of equipment pick ups than armour abilities.

Though that doesn’t rule out the Hologram returning.

I agree if it were to return it needs to be improved, any player with a decent amount of time in game can tell a hologram apart from a normal player in Halo Reach & Halo 4. They’re too basic.

A hologram that interacts with the environment in a more natural way would definitely increase the usefulness of the ability for sure.
Only, and ONLY, if the hologram can T-bag again.
Armor abilities seem like a possibility with the introduction of Grapple Hook and Deployable cover.
I've always been a fan of Reach's hologram armor ability and it's hilarious when you're able to trick someone and get an advantage.
However it doesn't take long to figure out if it's a hologram by looking at it's predictable behavior and narrow walking.
If Holograms get re-introduced into Halo I think it's behavior should completely mimic a player. Have the Hologram actually walk toward the nearest enemy player and shoot at the player without actually hurting them. It'd be a perfect diversion and make holograms worth using again.
The only thing that gives away the hologram is that the gamertag is not shown above the hologram, I did not like it, I prefer the Bubble Shield to return.