Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Infinite Characters

OP CRIMSONxSERAPH

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
If you could, choose (1) character from each of these options to, in your opinion, make Halo Infinite a better game and story.
  1. Add (1) character that has been in the expanded lore into Halo Infinite
  2. Remove (1) character that has been in previous games from possibly being in Halo Infinite
  3. Change (1) character's path from where they were directed by the end of Halo 5 to have a better story in Halo Infinite. In other words, under the banner of "spiritual reboot", what one character would you feel justified in changing?
For point 3, you really have to tell the story of Cortana differently. The Halo 5 campaign was terrible. To the extent possible, change Cortana's story.

On a related point, for point 2, remove Blue Team. No one cares about them. I can't even name who they are or tell you what the Halo 5 would be missing if you removed some of them. I mean what does the sniper girl who speaks Sangheli actually contribute to the story? Removing her, the game remains the same. So just remove the entire team; it's too esoteric to have them in.
KayMrt wrote:
For point 3, you really have to tell the story of Cortana differently. The Halo 5 campaign was terrible. To the extent possible, change Cortana's story.
I'm fairly certain most people will say the same. Judging by the Discover Hope trailer, this will be done.
KayMrt wrote:
On a related point, for point 2, remove Blue Team. No one cares about them. I can't even name who they are or tell you what the Halo 5 would be missing if you removed some of them. I mean what does the sniper girl who speaks Sangheli actually contribute to the story? Removing her, the game remains the same. So just remove the entire team; it's too esoteric to have them in.
I think you're actually referring to Fireteam Osiris, not Blue Team. Osiris had some good characters, but their issue was that they took away game time from Chief.

Since Halo 5's ending left so many protagonists in one place, I've long wanted to see a revival of Spartan Ops as a subset of missions following Blue Team and/or Osiris, while allowing the main campaign to be unadulteratedly about Master Chief.
  1. Add: Primordial
  2. Remove: Palmer
  3. Retcon: Mickey (seriously who writes these books?)
KayMrt wrote:
I'm fairly certain most people will say the same. Judging by the Discover Hope trailer, this will be done.
KayMrt wrote:
I think you're actually referring to Fireteam Osiris, not Blue Team. Osiris had some good characters, but their issue was that they took away game time from Chief.

Since Halo 5's ending left so many protagonists in one place, I've long wanted to see a revival of Spartan Ops as a subset of missions following Blue Team and/or Osiris, while allowing the main campaign to be unadulteratedly about Master Chief.
You are correct, which just goes to show how little I care about them haha. Though, I'd be fine removing Blue Team's characters, too (obviously not Chief), though I prefer is Fireteam Osiris goes.
I honestly hope Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris come back in some sort of capacity, those characters could be really sweet if they're written properly. I love reading about Blue Team in the books. Arbiter should also return.
Id love to see blue team and osiris combine to face the new threat we could have the main story on chiefs end and replay it through the others just an idea also palmer out for number 2 id like to see cutter added in
If you could, choose (1) character from each of these options to, in your opinion, make Halo Infinite a better game and story.
  2. Remove (1) character that has been in previous games from possibly being in Halo Infinite
  3. Retcon (1) character to have a better story in Halo Infinite
1. The most obvious characters that NEED to be in Halo Infinite are Catherine Halsey, Linda, Fred, and Kelly. I'm going to assume that Halsey will be present in the game, and if I had to choose from the three listed members of Blue Team I would choose Kelly. However, seeing as these characters may not qualify as so-called "expanded lore" characters, I would submit that Abaddon ought to make an appearance by virtue of the fact that the story should lead to Maethrillian in order to cut Cortana off from the Domain.

2. Hard to remove anyone when we only know of literally three characters who are confirmed to be in the game right now. I'll definitely say Thel (the Arbiter) has no business being in the game, since I often see his name thrown around in connection to it. Based on what little we know of the story, it will have nothing at all to do with what he's up to on Sanghelios.

3. You can't make a story better by retconning things. That automatically makes it far worse.
KayMrt wrote:

Fred, Kelly, and Linda are among the five very first characters ever introduced to fans way back in 2001. A whole hell of a lot of people care deeply about them.

And there is no "sniper girl who speaks Sangheili". You've shoved multiple characters into one.
LFXx3273 wrote:
1. The most obvious characters that NEED to be in Halo Infinite are Catherine Halsey, Linda, Fred, and Kelly. I'm going to assume that Halsey will be present in the game

3. You can't make a story better by retconning things. That automatically makes it far worse.
I completely agree with this, halsey and blue team should have a significant presence in this game. And retconning things or pretending they never happened never goes over well.
1.chief mendez
2.palmer
3.warden eternal
LFXx3273 wrote:
I guess what I meant by retcon is in context of Infinite being a "spiritual reboot". I'm not so much even meaning contradicting previous facts, so much as directions/plot points we've started down being taken in different directions. "Retcon" probably isn't the best word to use to describe what I'm hoping to hear from you all. My apologies, I'll edit the OP.
LFXx3273 wrote:
KayMrt wrote:

Fred, Kelly, and Linda are among the five very first characters ever introduced to fans way back in 2001. A whole hell of a lot of people care deeply about them.

And there is no "sniper girl who speaks Sangheili". You've shoved multiple characters into one.
Fair enough, it shows how little my knowledge is of the entire two squads outside of Chief.
KayMrt wrote:
LFXx3273 wrote:
KayMrt wrote:

Fair enough, it shows how little my knowledge is of the entire two squads outside of Chief.
It does. But that is all, it just shows you don't care for the EU, which is fine.
But saying "no one cares" about characters which already existed before even CE came out is simply ignorant.
Blue Team has always had a purpose & will always have a place.
KayMrt wrote:
LFXx3273 wrote:
KayMrt wrote:

Blue Team is not a "squad outside of Chief". :)

He's Blue Team's leader.
LFXx3273 wrote:
KayMrt wrote:
LFXx3273 wrote:
KayMrt wrote:

Blue Team is not a "squad outside of Chief". :)

He's Blue Team's leader.
I was simply saying my little knowledge of the squads with an exemption of Chief.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
KayMrt wrote:
LFXx3273 wrote:
KayMrt wrote:

It does. But that is all, it just shows you don't care for the EU, which is fine.
But saying "no one cares" about characters which already existed before even CE came out is simply ignorant.
Sure. Absolutely. People care about the extended universe, but one of the reasons Halo 5's campaign was loathed is there was too much from the extended universe thrown in without a proper introduction to the vast majority of people who have no knowledge of it. Isn't one of the girls in Blue Team Chief's best friend or something? Halo 5 never mentions that and it would build her as a character so much, within the context of the game, if they give background and introduce these people. Halo 5's campaign was probably great for people who read all of the books and watched Nightfall, etc. The problem is a majority of people didn't do that. The game's story needs to exist on its own. Halo 5's can't do that. That's one reason I said to throw away all these other characters. A majority of people don't know about them and they weren't properly introduced for those people to care.
I just hope they keep Exuberant Witness, she's one of the best parts of Halo 5
KayMrt wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
KayMrt wrote:
LFXx3273 wrote:
KayMrt wrote:

Sure. Absolutely. People care about the extended universe, but one of the reasons Halo 5's campaign was loathed is there was too much from the extended universe thrown in without a proper introduction to the vast majority of people who have no knowledge of it. Isn't one of the girls in Blue Team Chief's best friend or something? Halo 5 never mentions that and it would build her as a character so much, within the context of the game, if they give background and introduce these people. Halo 5's campaign was probably great for people who read all of the books and watched Nightfall, etc. The problem is a majority of people didn't do that. The game's story needs to exist on its own. Halo 5's can't do that. That's one reason I said to throw away all these other characters. A majority of people don't know about them and they weren't properly introduced for those people to care.
Maybe this will help the conversation, maybe not, but Blue Team and Osiris don't fit into #2. I asked to "remove (1) character", not groups of characters.
As a wise person once said, "Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!"
KayMrt wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
KayMrt wrote:
LFXx3273 wrote:
KayMrt wrote:

Maybe this will help the conversation, maybe not, but Blue Team and Osiris don't fit into #2. I asked to "remove (1) character", not groups of characters.
As a wise person once said, "Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!"
Then I'll pick Locke, haha. Take out the leader and the others, hopefully, are minimized by default.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2