Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Infinite customization: New helmets & gear

OP BeneficBen

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I totally agree! For the helmets or any part of the suit, I believe more the merrier. Having an abundance of different styles of every piece on a spartan suit gives the community a great selection and lets the player be as creative as he wants. Also, this provides uniqueness amongst the Halo gaming community as well. As for armor variants, I think that the player should be able pick a certain variant of armor and further customize it. For instance, take a chest piece, player picks a piece that he/she desires that is available for them. After he/she picks their desired piece, they can further add pieces to the chest piece such as, mag/utility pouches, additional armor slabs, grenade belts, etc. Also, it would be nice to have the ability to choose color patterns not just for the armor but the skin tight suit underneath the armor as well. Another nice feature would be allowing art decals on certain areas of each amor, for instance, shark teeth around the mouth area on the helmet or decals embedded into the visor, and be able to add many fixed or custom artworks or logos on either arm or chest piece. I definitely think that this would be a great way to further and improve the experience of customizing your spartan in Halo.
Well I already discussed my idea for customization options for player avatars.

As for customizations it would nice to be able to get them in sets and maybe with some sub-set add-ons (like reach Spartans) instead of the halo 5 piecemeal ones which was separated so they could be randomly assorted in those lootboxes named Req packs. Reach wasn't perfect by the way, there was tons of clipping on itself (not as bad as some of the dangling equipment of warframe) and Elites had barely any customization options (though seeing an elite with mismatched shoulders was likely an act of heresy). Still I think it would be good to have customization options that fit the character that you at playing (granted you get more options than just Spartan IVs). Some avatars like ODST wouldn't do so well in a bright orange colored combat harness, but a bright golden Elite Zealot would fit perfectly for design.

Speaking of colors, colors should not be a reward/unlock/purchasable items Let me clarify, standard color options like Primary and Secondary armor color customization should all be available at default. However there at some colors that could be gated off, visor color, lighting effect colors (Spartan armor lights and those elite orange parts they had under their wrists). Those could be seen as interesting cosmetic items.
I'd be happy with Reach's level but I'd be down for more like you showed. Also I'd love medieval inspired helmets.
I like so much look same as a Knightfall mixed with a space marine... i was found this helmet model at this shop of Larp, with great price and a very good service for customers.
What do you think about my custome NPC role and vest?
Spoiler:
Show
I'd rather Halo 4's level of customization. On top of what Halo 3 gave, Reach only introduced:
  • Visor color, a good addition
  • Kneeguards, a good addition
  • Wrist, a small and pointless detail
  • and Utility, another small and pointless detail
Halo 4 struck a much better balance by focusing on REGIONS of the body rather than tiny little attachments that you can hardly see.
  • Helmet
  • Visor
  • Left Shoulder
  • Right Shoulder
  • Forearms
  • Chest
  • Legs, rather than simply kneeguards
THAT is the perfect amount in my eyes.
Firstly, I'd like to retain many Halo 5 elements, such as the sleek aesthetics of some of the armors, and the prescense of the Techsuit design(black undersuit). I'd love to see different variants of said Techsuit-black, color match, maybe even custom colors. My biggest hope is that I can still don the Hunter Variant Locke uses in multiplayer. My favorite armor thus far! Sleek, stealthy, like a walking F22.
I'm not a fan of the space diaper, so maybe it could be toggled on or off to suit player customization. Also, the colors need to be muted, so that they dojt stick out like thier glowing against the level coloration. I think the H5 Beta did a good job at that, highlighting specific elements of the level design and art, rather than the player model. However, when the game shipped, it was quite the opposite in that aspect.
Pouches and other permutations are huge for nailing down the feeling of having truly unique armor. I think having the ability to select the amount of weathering/wear that is visible (possibly only unlocking heavier worn-down looks after using a certain piece of armor for a set amount of time) would also be a great way to make players feel invested and immersed in their Spartan's armor.

Reach accomplished this exceptionally well despite only having, at most, three permutations per helmet and only four or five wrist and leg accessory options (with only one wrist and one leg available to customize, even then!) It wouldn't be hard to dramatically up the number of these sorts of options for 343i.

We only need 15-25 distinct armor sets and a few one-off pieces and options like those listed above to create a really awesome bunch or options for every player.
I hope that it doesnt go tooo crazy in depth. I dont want my armor customization to necessary holster me to one specific class set like COD has been doing. If i wanna go from run and gun to scout sniping i should be always available too im a damn spartan for crying out loud.

Tactical designs seem fitting for modern based games however that doesnt really represent what halo is about. we are genetically modified super soldiers of the future, we should represent that.
I'm still really hoping we get some form of cloak like the one Chief wore in that Halo 5 trailer.
By the way, the reference to Reach customisation by Chris Lee could mean two seperate things:
- more elaborate customisation than only helmet and body armour,
- or the way in which you unlock customisation items - spending currency on items you want (instead of randomised loot from boxes).

edit:In other words, both these aspects could be implented without the other. Saying 'custumisation like Reach' doesn't immediately imply both, could be just one of the two.
Well, you've jinxed it now. Hope you're happy.
I only need the return of the Mark V [B] (noble six's helmet). It's my favourite in the saga.
I just want to be able to attach the re-breather from reach to the operator helmet from reach. if we could get those two back with complete availability so any attachment can go with any helmet, that would be awesome
I'd like to see almost all the armor available from the get go. Using your earned in game currency-credits I'm guessing- you can purchase any of the armor sets or pieces you want. No grind for random unlockables and I'd rather not see ranked unlocks either. Just make nearly every piece attainable from the get go, should you have enough credits.
I'd love to see some armors/skins unlockable by completing challenges and such.
I agree with you Ben.

For me Halo Reach customzation system was the best by far. I will find awesome if Infinte includes an expanded version of it with more content!
I also liked to choose which customizations to buy while saving credits. With the actual random system, you can play hundred hours without having any customization you like🤪🔫

I agree with you about helmets. I like "classic" helmets design with a one piece visor. A lot of new ones are ugly and I can't understand how a spartan can see anything through a completly folded visor... but maybe it's just me. Once again, Reach helmets design were the best for me.
When it comes to the visors being to small, you gotta think that since they've developed power armor, FTL travel, energy shielding, it's safe to assume that humanity has made advances in digital HUD technology.
Ironman doesn't necessarily look through the holes in his face faceplate, he has, I'm assuming, a plethora of sensors and high definition micro camera that feed into a large display in front of his face.
Not out if the realm of possibilities, I think 343i was experimenting with interesting designs that would change the expectations of what many perceived as the norm.
I agree many were hideous, just atrocious, but some were interesting, and some proved to have a definitive look that was aesthetically pleasing. These include Vale's COPPERHEAD, Locke's HUNTER armor, HELIOSKRILL, RECRUIT, are among some of the good one 343i has come up with.
I just want to be able to attach the re-breather from reach to the operator helmet from reach. if we could get those two back with complete availability so any attachment can go with any helmet, that would be awesome
Yes, I agree. Hope that 343 read your comment.
I agree with you Ben.

For me Halo Reach customzation system was the best by far. I will find awesome if Infinte includes an expanded version of it with more content!
I also liked to choose which customizations to buy while saving credits. With the actual random system, you can play hundred hours without having any customization you like🤪🔫

I agree with you about helmets. I like "classic" helmets design with a one piece visor. A lot of new ones are ugly and I can't understand how a spartan can see anything through a completly folded visor... but maybe it's just me. Once again, Reach helmets design were the best for me.
When it comes to the visors being to small, you gotta think that since they've developed power armor, FTL travel, energy shielding, it's safe to assume that humanity has made advances in digital HUD technology.
Ironman doesn't necessarily look through the holes in his face faceplate, he has, I'm assuming, a plethora of sensors and high definition micro camera that feed into a large display in front of his face.
Not out if the realm of possibilities, I think 343i was experimenting with interesting designs that would change the expectations of what many perceived as the norm.
I agree many were hideous, just atrocious, but some were interesting, and some proved to have a definitive look that was aesthetically pleasing. These include Vale's COPPERHEAD, Locke's HUNTER armor, HELIOSKRILL, RECRUIT, are among some of the good one 343i has come up with.
As long as the digital HUDs don’t add more than 10ms of latency I think they will be fine.
Personally I think regular visors are better as latency issues just seem to disappear when using these. :p

This post has been hidden.

Yes, I agree. Hope that 343 read your comment.
I made an entire topic about this
kjbart wrote:
I agree 100% with your first point. The second point is a bit tricky though.

If you include all of the helmets ever created in the franchise, there are a ton of them (thanks to 343's "custom" req helmets).

It makes it difficult to include the best helmets from past games, as well as a bunch of new helmets, without making the selection too large, like in H5.

I would start by including 2-3 of the best helmets from each past game, around 12 in total, then include maybe 8 of their best new designs. That puts the total number of helmets at 20.

The thing H5 did wrong was having hundreds of helmets to choose from, and the thing Reach did right was having a smaller list, with the ability to add attachments to the helmet.

There are of course some people who will be upset if their favorite old helmet wasn't brought back, or there aren't enough new ones, so you're never going to please everyone. But this could be a happy medium.
I don’t think the problem was being too many helmets. I think the problem was the lack of organization. Halo 5 maybe had like 70 helmets but they kept it organized in the order you unlocked it. I suggest keeping them alphabetized and then having helmets in menus. Like the Mark IV helmet. You would click on it. Then variants of said helmet would appear to reduce clutter and keep people from being overwhelmed.
I would like reach armor customization to be the base of it, I accept no less. Then add the cool flaming skins for weapons and armors, the weapon ornaments, the katana is a must! The announcer voices, the Spartan voices, emblems back on the shoulder, real emblem customization, banners, hard light armor additions, light colors. I want it to be so yoinking in-depth
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3