Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Infinite is the start of the next 10 years

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
eviltedi wrote:
In IGN's interview with Bonnie Ross here, Bonnie says that Halo Infinite is the start of the next of the next 10 years for Halo. This is very interesting that she says this. Infinite is the sequel to Halo 5, yes. However, I think Cortana and the Created threat and story will be defeated and wrapped up by the end of the game (not repeating a Jul situation), and bring in/introduce a new story arc. What do you think about this?
I don't want more Promethians, I think they're terrible. I'm not sure about the story, I'll be waiting for a month or two anyway. I liked the interview with Bonnie, she seemed very candid and she has the best for Halo at heart. I have rightly given her praise in other threads. However, one good interview does not change everything for me.

I'll remain cautious but hopeful. As for the next ten years, that type of plan didn't go well for Destiny, and Anthem has hit the skids already. I think 343i should make a great Halo Infinite first. The fans have had three average games, and Xbox in general has not had a GOTY for ages, we deserve a good game first and foremost, if they mess up Infinite they may not get another year let alone ten. Bonnie should not have mentioned ten years imo.
at least less promethians
I think maybe the Cortana stuff will wrap up but not the prometheans. I think we'll be fighting them for years to come.
I'm gonna see Infinite as a fresh start, coming back to the story. Like O'Connor said on resetera, Combat Evolved was basically everyone jumping into a story already in full swing (in medias res). So Infinite will be the same for me... because honestly I haven't finished Guardians, and barely remember Halo 4 from only playing it once.

That said, I really don't have fond memories of playing against Prometheans. Halo is all about fighting Covenant as far as I'm concerned.
I'm gonna see Infinite as a fresh start, coming back to the story. Like O'Connor said on resetera, Combat Evolved was basically everyone jumping into a story already in full swing (in medias res). So Infinite will be the same for me... because honestly I haven't finished Guardians, and barely remember Halo 4 from only playing it once.

That said, I really don't have fond memories of playing against Prometheans. Halo is all about fighting Covenant as far as I'm concerned.
I agree that the Prometheans haven’t been the best. However, I think if it’s just Covenant for the rest of the franchise, it will become very stale and stagnant. I think it’d be good if they introduce new species and that brings in new gameplay. I think they should bring in new stuff in order to spice things up.

I agree that the Prometheans haven’t been the best. However, I think if it’s just Covenant for the rest of the franchise, it will become very stale and stagnant. I think it’d be good if they introduce new species and that brings in new gameplay. I think they should bring in new stuff in order to spice things up.
Unless those "meedler" creatures become our enemy, I honestly don't know what's a better alternative. But given the lore on these guys, I'd honestly be a little afraid since we have absolutely no idea of their knowledge and/or technology considering they were able to HACK into Forerunner technology way before the Sangheili and San 'Shyuum became space-faring species. Which is why I think that Halo should stop after the Created threat is dealt with and focus on other stories, such as a game of Contact Harvest.

Unless those "meedler" creatures become our enemy, I honestly don't know what's a better alternative. But given the lore on these guys, I'd honestly be a little afraid since we have absolutely no idea of their knowledge and/or technology considering they were able to HACK into Forerunner technology way before the Sangheili and San 'Shyuum became space-faring species. Which is why I think that Halo should stop after the Created threat is dealt with and focus on other stories, such as a game of Contact Harvest.
When you talk about this ‘meddler’ race, are you referring to those that crashed on Installation 04 in the CEA that Guilty Spark discovers? The term meddler was used by Guilty Spark for the Covenant when messing around and not understanding Forerunner tech.

When you talk about this ‘meddler’ race, are you referring to those that crashed on Installation 04 in the CEA that Guilty Spark discovers? The term meddler was used by Guilty Spark for the Covenant when messing around and not understanding Forerunner tech.
Precisely. That wasn't the only instance of those creatures. The map Cold Storage from Halo 3 also has an history with them. Some stuff posted back in the day before it came out told us that the facility had been HACKED by unknown species. They left it alone, but I think it's very clear that these meddlers aren't from our Galaxy. it's just not possible.
I'm not sure if it has been spoken about but I think Halo infinite will act as a launcher of sorts, in that it's got a brand new engine, and it will release with a full game obviously but it will act much like MCC in which you load the launcher and choose which title you want to play, maybe with a 360 style waypoint so it's one centralized location of all stats going forward. With that said and with everything going the way of digital distribution it would be an excellent way to release new content, games, maps, updates etc.
I think maybe the Cortana stuff will wrap up but not the prometheans. I think we'll be fighting them for years to come.
I hope not, if we're fighting the Prometheans for years to come I'll just not buy Halo anymore. I don't want the Covenant in every game either, but they were entertaining. The Prometheans have no personality and they are about as much fun as watching paint dry. I don't like them and I'll pass if they're in future titles.
In IGN's interview with Bonnie Ross here, Bonnie says that Halo Infinite is the start of the next of the next 10 years for Halo. This is very interesting that she says this. Infinite is the sequel to Halo 5, yes. However, I think Cortana and the Created threat and story will be defeated and wrapped up by the end of the game (not repeating a Jul situation), and bring in/introduce a new story arc. What do you think about this?
Halo is Forever and i hope for another Infinite Years
eviltedi wrote:
I hope not, if we're fighting the Prometheans for years to come I'll just not buy Halo anymore. I don't want the Covenant in every game either, but they were entertaining. The Prometheans have no personality and they are about as much fun as watching paint dry. I don't like them and I'll pass if they're in future titles.
I think they just need more variety, I don't particularly hate them. A visual rework would be nice too, I'm not a fan of the generic floaty technology in Halo.
eviltedi wrote:
I think they just need more variety, I don't particularly hate them. A visual rework would be nice too, I'm not a fan of the generic floaty technology in Halo.
Definitely agree on variety, it's what every game needs imo. We'll need to see what happens with the Prometheans, hopefully Halo Infinite will not have them, or only use them a little, I really don't like them.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Definitely agree on variety, it's what every game needs imo. We'll need to see what happens with the Prometheans, hopefully Halo Infinite will not have them, or only use them a little, I really don't like them.
I wouldn't get your hope's up on H6 not having them. Jul's covenant was defeated in H5 and H6 picks up like a year or something after with Cortana and the Prometheans still very much a presence. If I had to guess, we're probably going to be seeing more Prometheans than any other faction again. Hopefully this "spiritual reboot" effects the Prometheans too and they can make them more interesting because I agree they're my least favourite Halo faction.
itll be interesting to see what they do with the story after 4 and 5. really dont like the direction theyve went so yea gunna have to see whats up
Im really tired of clifhangers. Each game should have a self contained story with a conclusion. Its ok to be open to the next story like ce and 4 are but lets have a ending otherwise the game just feels u finished and its annoying to the fans to have to wait 3-5 years. Hw2 also suffered from this.
Im really tired of clifhangers. Each game should have a self contained story with a conclusion. Its ok to be open to the next story like ce and 4 are but lets have a ending otherwise the game just feels u finished and its annoying to the fans to have to wait 3-5 years. Hw2 also suffered from this.
I am mixed on this. I agree that each installment and should be satisfying. However, the major installments are each parts of a larger story, and should feel self-contained and not really few super connected. You should have a single flowing narrative where you have to have played the previous games in order to understand what’s happening.
We still have the Banished and that whole Ark situation... Plenty of storytelling there after we're finished with the Created.
If Cortana is defeated/dies In this halo, what if the diadect returns for the next 3
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2