OP IxJeddeyxI

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
I would like a halo battle royale plz.
This thread is going to get locked. FYI..
Although I don't think it "needs" it, I would LOVE to see Halo Battle Royale. I do think the sniper would need a nerf in some way for this mode considering how easy it is to use a sniper in Halo compared to some other battle royale counter-parts. Now that I think about it, a lot of the weapons would probably have to be tweeked for this mode considering how many 1 shot kill weapons there are in Halo.

Hopefully if it's not released with Infinite, we will get it some day.
No. Focus on other game modes is more important. Halo doesn't have to be like other games
No, not as a core playlist.

But it would be cool to have some Custom/Forge options for people to experiment with.

Using ODSTs, drop pods, the flood etc.
No It doesn't need BR. It needs to launch as a complete game. It needs to Have at least the same amount of content Halo 3 launched with. It needs to be it own game and be distinct.
No, Halo Infinite really doesn't need a BR mode.

Practically every other FPS game is chasing the BR bandwagon. Eventually the wheels are going to pop off the axels of that genre.

Halo would be a fairly distinct game in 2020 by simply doing what it has always done (smaller, largely symmetrical arena maps with weapon pickups/power-ups) because there isn't really any other AAA FPS game in that space. Everything else is either a BR, hero/champ shooter or CoD/CS.

Halo will never be as good of a BR as Fortnite or Apex, which exclusively support BR modes, while also attempting to satisfy the 4v4 competitive scene and traditional BTB.
As long as Forge exists, you can play Battle Royale in Halo whenever you want. Plenty of maps designed for Battle Royale and plenty of maps that would fit a Battle Royale gametype very well already exist in Halo 5 thanks to Forge.
As long as Forge exists, you can play Battle Royale in Halo whenever you want. Plenty of maps designed for Battle Royale and plenty of maps that would fit a Battle Royale gametype very well already exist in Halo 5 thanks to Forge.
Yup. I know "hunger games" custom games existed in Reach back in the day. Was basically the same concept as BR.
No battle royale, but larger game types would be cool. Imagine a 25v25 Invasion/Dominion merge. I’d play that til I died.
Infinite needs to be Halo, not to copy the latest trend.
This is still going on long after it's been confirmed Infinite wont have that otdated trend, which is far beyond it's prime, in it.
Maybe after release there will be at least less of these topics though even then, maybe occasional one here & there.
The only BR Halo needs is the Battle Rifle
ANYTHING THAT LETS YOU DROP IN ODST PODS! <:(
I think you guys are all wrong. the game modes in halo 5 get stale and if infinite has a forge mode even better bc Battle royale maps can be created and cycled every week keeping the game fresh.
like why would anyone continue playing infinite after the first week? the campagn 30 times over? slayer BTB are all boring. 343 needs to jump on the bandwagon bc if they don't halo is going to continue to die.
Could be a nice addition but Halo's sandbox is very different from military shooters. You have regen shields, starting weapons etc. Playing as Spartans, I don't see it working very well.

Maybe if you play as an elite squad of ODSTs and the weapons are non-lethal paralyzing gel (like in Forwards unto dawn), so canonically it fits as intensive training. I could see that working. 50 of ODSTs fighting for last man standing. The top 3 ODSTs are nominated as Spartan IV candidates. A la "Winnner-winner, Spartan diiner." Or maybe spartans without MJOLNIR armour?

However, with the feedback from Halo 5, I expect 343i is focusing hard on the campaign story and I would like to keep them focused on that. If they nail the CP in H:I, they would the resources and confidence to focus on things like Battle-Royale and Halo VR.
Oops, wrong button.
No imo. Halo is and should always be an arena based game.

There should be forge options and map settings for us to make a BR for customs though.
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
I think you guys are all wrong. the game modes in halo 5 get stale and if infinite has a forge mode even better bc Battle royale maps can be created and cycled every week keeping the game fresh.
like why would anyone continue playing infinite after the first week? the campagn 30 times over? slayer BTB are all boring. 343 needs to jump on the bandwagon bc if they don't halo is going to continue to die.
Did you read my comment? I doubt you've played any Battle-Royale-esque games in Halo 5 based on that reply. Even the Day-Z maps were highly addictive and could be effortlessly transformed into Battle Royale.
Although I don't think it "needs" it, I would LOVE to see Halo Battle Royale. I do think the sniper would need a nerf in some way for this mode considering how easy it is to use a sniper in Halo compared to some other battle royale counter-parts. Now that I think about it, a lot of the weapons would probably have to be tweeked for this mode considering how many 1 shot kill weapons there are in Halo.

Hopefully if it's not released with Infinite, we will get it some day.
I agree. I don't think Halo needs Battle Royale, but done right it could be an amazing add on or stand alone game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13