Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

infinite needs battle royale

OP IxJeddeyxI

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. ...
  7. 13
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
ZOCKERBOY117Ask yourself, would Halo be better without BR and with staying in it’s traditional way, or do you want that it is like Fortnite that is so stupid?
Ask yourself this. Why does it have to be like Fortnite ? I want a Halo Battle Royale, but not like Fortnite. To be honest I don't know one single player that would want a Halo Battle Royale like Fortnite. It has unique elements that would not work in Halo, building being the first.

Edit: Why are quotes not working ? Aarrrrgh. I know it's me, sorry mods.
Hmm, I think I wouldn’t be a big fan of BR, but if it’s like you say in an way that is not like fortnite, then I’d love to have BR.
Depends if you like BR. I don't like Warzone so I don't play it but others do. I think Halo is perfect for Battle Royale. Think about this, since Halo CE we've dropped as Spartans onto Halo rings in escape pods, drop pods at the dam in Halo 2, we've had Foe Hammer drop supplies in Pelicans, remember in Halo 3 where Forward Unto Dawn dropped out of orbit with troops and scorpion tanks ?

Any or all of those could work in a Halo Battle Royale imo.Think about this. In Halo we've always been on the edge of epic battles. Remember this cut scene from Halo Reach ? How about we remained in that battle ? That might work. Also, what about space and ground missions working in tandem ? Or Battle Royale ground missions with a space port where we can access Sabers ? Think Long Night of Solace.

Are you still thinking Fortnite ? Halo has the back story and assets to make the best Battle Royale imo.
Oh yes, you’re right. Now I can imagine a BR in Halo and it’s great.
Seriously no, Battle Royale needs to stay gone. BR is of the worst parts of the industry.
Battle Rouale games are pretty dead ngl. Just because some games are popular doesn't mean you need to move onto that genre. Halo is fine as is. Besides, you can make a battle royale in forge.
Battle Rouale games are pretty dead ngl. Just because some games are popular doesn't mean you need to move onto that genre. Halo is fine as is. Besides, you can make a battle royale in forge.
Exactly, 343i have already said no to the mode in Infinite, these reposted threads makes me wish the admins would lock them down. If some fans are that desperate for the mode then they could just make custom game modes in forge...that way 343i can actually make worthwhile AAA content instead of focusing on the latest gimmick.

I'm literally sick of modes like Battle Royal turning games into grind-fest and in some cases some games have pre-existing modes ignored or removed after a while to force this mediocre game type, I strongly feel like playing the same map over, over is boring so I really hope it officially never comes to Halo.
I do not want battle royale in Halo Infinite for one major reason. It will most likely take away from the rest of the game. Fortnite's story mode is a joke because battle royale is I constantly pandered to. Black Ops 4's multiplayer was a complete failure because they focused on battle royale. Modern Warfare has always been a mess in my opinion, and the devs fail to ever patch issues in the actual small scale multiplayer and spec ops, but Warzone battle Royale seems to get plenty of attention.

Now would it be possible for 343 to balance both standard arena gameplay, having a good campaign, forge and battle royale? Of course, but given their track record with past Halo games I think they need to focus on core Halo gameplay because quite frankly a lot of Halo fans are skeptical enough given their past performance.
That is a really good point you have made there. If 343 were to make a battle Royale gardening tool do you think the best way to balance it would be so the battle Royale doesn’t take over the game?
ronnie42 wrote:
Battle Rouale games are pretty dead ngl. Just because some games are popular doesn't mean you need to move onto that genre. Halo is fine as is. Besides, you can make a battle royale in forge.
Exactly, 343i have already said no to the mode in Infinite, these reposted threads makes me wish the admins would lock them down. If some fans are that desperate for the mode then they could just make custom game modes in forge...that way 343i can actually make worthwhile AAA content instead of focusing on the latest gimmick.

I'm literally sick of modes like Battle Royal turning games into grind-fest and in some cases some games have pre-existing modes ignored or removed after a while to force this mediocre game type, I strongly feel like playing the same map over, over is boring so I really hope it officially never comes to Halo.
I’d say the point of such a thread is to push the boundaries and notify 343 about things that we want in halo... that would make forging a battle Royale all the better....

drop pod spawn points
higher played count in custom games
extremely large map size in multiplayer

we want those options.
Infinite actually doesn't need battle royal, Battlefield 5 tried to make a copy of Fortnite and it didn't work for them. What halo needs to do is to come with a popular game type like warzone in H5 and make it bigger with a variety of maps, add different gametype in that section. For example BTB can be implemented on a bigger scale. and with everything that i have seen so far Halo infinite will be epic a gametype which is really great is attack and defense on a map like zanzibar on H2anniversay is just bad -Yoink-.
saifa117 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Battle Rouale games are pretty dead ngl. Just because some games are popular doesn't mean you need to move onto that genre. Halo is fine as is. Besides, you can make a battle royale in forge.
Exactly, 343i have already said no to the mode in Infinite, these reposted threads makes me wish the admins would lock them down. If some fans are that desperate for the mode then they could just make custom game modes in forge...that way 343i can actually make worthwhile AAA content instead of focusing on the latest gimmick.

I'm literally sick of modes like Battle Royal turning games into grind-fest and in some cases some games have pre-existing modes ignored or removed after a while to force this mediocre game type, I strongly feel like playing the same map over, over is boring so I really hope it officially never comes to Halo.
I’d say the point of such a thread is to push the boundaries and notify 343 about things that we want in halo... that would make forging a battle Royale all the better....

drop pod spawn points
higher played count in custom games
extremely large map size in multiplayer

we want those options.
I'd hardly call forcing changes that have made everything that has this mode....'better'.
Battlefield forces Battle Royale, removes fun modes like Frontlines
Fornite add's Battle Royale........sort of kills 'save the earth' despite it being a fun mode, having potential.

Forces dev's to work overtime for endless reskins.
Plays 1 repetitive map just to waste time doing all this over again when getting killed 1 time just because someone wasn't lucky enough to get a decent weapon.

Cosmetic changes to how players spawn will not make awful modes like BR more appealing, I hope it never comes to Halo, as dev's have said....if you want it then make it custom games. I strongly wish the mode would vanish from the games industry.

Pushing one of the worst game types into the industry is hardly "push the boundaries" when it frequently has the opposite effect.
ronnie42 wrote:
saifa117 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Battle Rouale games are pretty dead ngl. Just because some games are popular doesn't mean you need to move onto that genre. Halo is fine as is. Besides, you can make a battle royale in forge.
Exactly, 343i have already said no to the mode in Infinite, these reposted threads makes me wish the admins would lock them down. If some fans are that desperate for the mode then they could just make custom game modes in forge...that way 343i can actually make worthwhile AAA content instead of focusing on the latest gimmick.

I'm literally sick of modes like Battle Royal turning games into grind-fest and in some cases some games have pre-existing modes ignored or removed after a while to force this mediocre game type, I strongly feel like playing the same map over, over is boring so I really hope it officially never comes to Halo.
I’d say the point of such a thread is to push the boundaries and notify 343 about things that we want in halo... that would make forging a battle Royale all the better....

drop pod spawn points
higher played count in custom games
extremely large map size in multiplayer

we want those options.
I'd hardly call forcing changes that have made everything that has this mode....'better'.
Battlefield forces Battle Royale, removes fun modes like Frontlines
Fornite add's Battle Royale........sort of kills 'save the earth' despite it being a fun mode, having potential.

Forces dev's to work overtime for endless reskins.
Plays 1 repetitive map just to waste time doing all this over again when getting killed 1 time just because someone wasn't lucky enough to get a decent weapon.

Cosmetic changes to how players spawn will not make awful modes like BR more appealing, I hope it never comes to Halo, as dev's have said....if you want it then make it custom games. I strongly wish the mode would vanish from the games industry.

Pushing one of the worst game types into the industry is hardly "push the boundaries" when it frequently has the opposite effect.
While i strongly agree i dont like the game mode itself, and its quite clear 343 wont make battle royale (but of course my bets are on them making another game mode that plays similarly in the massive scale sense) ...
What im advocating for is quite simple. Larger map canvas for forge. Higher player cap limit for custom games. and gimmick spawn point... like... say for example you have default spawn point.. and then you have odst spawn point... and then you have drop ship spawn point... and you can place and script those as you wish...

We advocate primarily for the option to make our own massive multiplayer battles and matches... that we have been somewhat hinted at and promised for sooooooo long..... so long....
the "all out war" concept keeps being teased in campagins but we never end up experiencing it... maybe do to scripting large number of ai's is troublesome... maybe because of graphical limitations... But battle field pulls it off... I dont see why halo couldnt .

We dont want a 343 sponsored battle royale.... We have seen what its done to the industry...
We want the tools to be able to create battle royale as they have mentioned "you can make your own battle royale in forge"
So what about players who actually feel like they want a literal battle royale? Well shouldnt they have the tools to make it for themselves? Id say... yea

Personally when i play a battle royale game i feel like roleplaying in the game... because i have the space and options to do so.
I find the nearest aircraft or vehicle... and am the squad's driver/pilot... every ... single... game. I love the support role and am much less of a competitive player... I dont do extremely well on 1 v 1 encounters... id say im descent. but games like that for me are dependent on teamwork, strategy, and coordination. (which i feel are great to have in a game) but i very much know that the game is also plagued with very sweaty players who simply get lucky right?

Why not then just exclude everything that makes a battle royale terrible. Have multiple lives. Remove those god awful dances and emotes... and those countless cancer skins... have multiple rounds, perhaps insert objectives... what you end up with is something better than battle royale///
inch1ne wrote:
I do not want battle royale in Halo Infinite for one major reason. It will most likely take away from the rest of the game. Fortnite's story mode is a joke because battle royale is I constantly pandered to. Black Ops 4's multiplayer was a complete failure because they focused on battle royale. Modern Warfare has always been a mess in my opinion, and the devs fail to ever patch issues in the actual small scale multiplayer and spec ops, but Warzone battle Royale seems to get plenty of attention.

Now would it be possible for 343 to balance both standard arena gameplay, having a good campaign, forge and battle royale? Of course, but given their track record with past Halo games I think they need to focus on core Halo gameplay because quite frankly a lot of Halo fans are skeptical enough given their past performance.
That is a really good point you have made there. If 343 were to make a battle Royale gardening tool do you think the best way to balance it would be so the battle Royale doesn’t take over the game?
Honestly, I'm not a developer so I couldn't say. I also don't know how their teams are structured in any way. All I know if the more features they add, the less time they have to polish individual modes. I honestly think the best thing they could do is to create a separate game after Infinite launches and do a model similar to FortNite. You have a standalone, free to play game with microtransactions and battle passes.

I want the mainline Halo games to focus on what made Halo a great arena shooter. I don't really want them chasing a trend that is already staring to die off in popularity. Don't get me wrong I enjoy FortNite and Apex was fine the few times I played it. But that isn't what I want when I'm in the mood for Halo, and I don't want the best aspects of Halo to suffer because they decided to chase the newest trend instead of delivering what everyone expects.
While BR won’t be a standard game mode in Infinite, I still would want it in some regard. Hopefully they will make it more forge friendly. All they would have to do is add helpful features like a random zone, random weapon crate, revives, redeploy, and other BR features so that custom BR modes can easily be created.

Edit: added more features for forge to make battle royales
Cody15x wrote:
While BR won’t be a standard game mode in Infinite, I still would want it in some regard. Hopefully they will make it more forge friendly. All they would have to do is add helpful features like a random zone, random weapon crate, and other BR features so that custom BR modes can easily be created
BR as in battle rifle??? Lol ;)
please no br trash game mode in infinite but if a side game maybe free to play with odst soldiers it could be fun but not a main focus right now we just need a really good standalone halo traditional fps
please no br trash game mode in infinite but if a side game maybe free to play with odst soldiers it could be fun but not a main focus right now we just need a really good standalone halo traditional fps
It won't be free to play as yu can have xbox live plus game pass in one package so doubt it will be free
LastWil wrote:
please no br trash game mode in infinite but if a side game maybe free to play with odst soldiers it could be fun but not a main focus right now we just need a really good standalone halo traditional fps
It won't be free to play as yu can have xbox live plus game pass in one package so doubt it will be free
I think a free to play add on is the best option for a Halo Battle Royale, if we ever get one. Sure, we all pay for internet and Xbox Live on consoles, so yes nothing's free, but we are able to play some games at no additional cost though. That's why they're referred to as free to play, you don't need to buy them to play them.
Halo has often been at the forefront of gaming. Combat Evolved helped move PC gaming away from enclosed, maze-like environments. Halo 2 helped promote Xbox Live. Halo 5 should have broke new ground by being the title to introduce Battle Royale in the first place, possibly replacing Warzone, or providing an alternative gameplay mode within it.
I would love to see it as well. Let the fans decide
DbnpoiZN wrote:
I would love to see it as well. Let the fans decide
If you would take a close look at all the posts made on the last 12 pages you'd know that
the vocal majority definitely doesn't want battle royale in Halo. The fans have already made their decision.
ronnie42 wrote:
Battle Rouale games are pretty dead ngl. Just because some games are popular doesn't mean you need to move onto that genre. Halo is fine as is. Besides, you can make a battle royale in forge.
Exactly, 343i have already said no to the mode in Infinite, these reposted threads makes me wish the admins would lock them down. If some fans are that desperate for the mode then they could just make custom game modes in forge...that way 343i can actually make worthwhile AAA content instead of focusing on the latest gimmick.

I'm literally sick of modes like Battle Royal turning games into grind-fest and in some cases some games have pre-existing modes ignored or removed after a while to force this mediocre game type, I strongly feel like playing the same map over, over is boring so I really hope it officially never comes to Halo.
Bold - I couldn't agree more. That's my biggest grip with BR modes. They're just grind fests. I'm not saying they're never fun or anything like that but for me, no thanks. I hope Infinite doesn't have battle royale mode. As I've said countless times, if Microsoft or 343I want Halo Battle Royale, just make a separate game completely. It would benefit both games to be separate.

SMOK69KMK wrote:
DbnpoiZN wrote:
I would love to see it as well. Let the fans decide
If you would take a close look at all the posts made on the last 12 pages you'd know that
the vocal majority definitely doesn't want battle royale in Halo. The fans have already made their decision.
Agree here. On this thread the majority of people don't want it. What I've seen on social media I would say the majority of people don't want it in Halo either or if Halo is to have one, quite a few people seem to be okay with a stand alone battle royale game outside of the main series like Halo wars, Spartan assault etc.

Having Battle Royale and Halo Infinite I think would just be utterly stupid and a huge waste of resources and time. Everyone says all the games do it and the ones that do are popular but that's just not true. Lots of games don't have it in and are super popular (Overwatch, Counter-Strike etc) and lots of games have it (a lot most people haven't even heard of) and haven't done so well either (battlefield is one example) so it's not like Halo having a battle royale mode means the game will be a huge success because it doesn't work that way.

Like I said above, just make a separate game that's battle royale if you really want to have one.
Honest to god, no; Halo Infinite should not get a dev dedicated BR mode for a number of reasons.

Implementing a BR mode, would take out development time from the team, time that could've been used for a different mode, or for bug fixing and game tests. This sort of gamemode also has a tenancy to split the playerbase. For example, Modern Warfare recently launched their BR mode, and now I have friends that don't play the normal multiplayer anymore, and only play BR, while I try and stick to the regular multiplayer because other games, in my opinion, have already done this formula but better. Balance issues would arise, just because some weapons in Halo are so strong, having a sniper would be the most broken setup in the game.

However, I would not be opposed if 343i just, gave players the ability to make their own BR gamemodes and maps through new forge pieces.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. ...
  7. 13