Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

infinite needs battle royale

OP IxJeddeyxI

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but what if they made Battle Royale like Mythic Warzone Firefight. They make only available every other weekend and make it worth a lot of XP.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Although I don't think it "needs" it, I would LOVE to see Halo Battle Royale. I do think the sniper would need a nerf in some way for this mode considering how easy it is to use a sniper in Halo compared to some other battle royale counter-parts. Now that I think about it, a lot of the weapons would probably have to be tweeked for this mode considering how many 1 shot kill weapons there are in Halo.

Hopefully if it's not released with Infinite, we will get it some day.
I agree. I don't think Halo needs Battle Royale, but done right it could be an amazing add on or stand alone game.
No just no battle royal is ruining most games as after a while it gets plagued with try hards and overly competitive players causing the normal players like myself to get annoyed, if halo did one I would stop playing.

edit: I mention to quote just a deadly flamingo but I quoted eviltedi as well.
What games are getting ruined because of Battle Royale ? Also, just about every competitive game gets plagued with try hards, it's not something you can avoid. Are you going to stop playing all games because of try hards ?
Call of duty 4, ark survival evolved, minecraft also try hards are more apparent in battle royal also they should work on making a better halo game that creating a stupid battle royal which the minority of players want
saifa117 wrote:
Naqser wrote:
it so funny how much hate that BR gets, especially for Halo. yet when you look at the most played games today most of the top games all have BR or are dedicated BR. if done correctly the halo would win the BR competition. so if all you haters out the say it shouldn't happen then why is BR one of the most popular game types out there right now, and has been since PUBG hit the market a couple years ago
Anything done correctly, would win the competition.

Now, the question is, what does a "correctly made Halo BR" require? And what does that mean for the rest of the game?
Warzone in Halo 5 most likely cost the game Developer made BTB maps, and Forge got released way later than the game release date.
Weapon balancing, health balancing, does BRs even feature regenerating health? Would that mean health packs back for standard gameplay?
Would equipment be back? Or would we pick up weapons only? And drive vechiles? What kind of map(s) would it be? Would there be more than one massive?
Pricing, Fortnite is free to play, and so is Apex, probably quite a few others as well. Now, if Infinite features BR, who would give up their current favourite free game, to go buy an atleast 60 bucks game, for a single mode in that game? Stand alone Halo BR? Be my guest. Tacked on multiplayer mode for Infinite, too much at stake.

Not to mention the public image of, yet again, latching onto trends.

How about i343 make a Halo which would replace the current BR trend?
Yes , alot of what you say is correct, but like someone else has mentioned, we can practically make battle royale in forge mode already. What I actually am looking for is for 343 to provide the tools to allow us to do the balancing, the mechanics, the specifics in forge... but that functionality is extremely limited thanks to the player limit cap in custom games. Expanding it to 16 vs 16 or 32 vs 32 or 64 vs 64 capacity... and adding a custom game search would most certainly scratch the itch that many call battle royale... they already have a 12 vs 12 in warzone... no?
Those player sizes dont have to exist in default game modes.

343 doesnt have to make a game mode dedicated for those numbers...
and the community can save 343 the money by solving how to work battle royale in halo and make it work well... and then later on 343 can just adopt the idea further down the road if its a successful idea.
Providing the tools to create a mode isn't exactly the same as them creating a mode themselves. It is the latter I am argumenting against. Tools of creation are, and should, be made readily available.

I am however uncertain if they'll increase the player capacity. My assumption is that they're unlikely to allow more players than their largest mode, be it 12v12 or 8v8. I haven't heard or read if there's differences in net-codes between low caps and high caps, what it would look like on the server side and so forth.
Possible, yes, depends on what's required of the engine and if they think it'd be worth it.
I would be cool with a slightly larger like big team battle free for all where people ODST drop in, but as for some giant flagship mode that sucks all the oxygen from the rest of the game where everyone gets only one life and theres a bunch of loot and cosmetic junk and battle passes and -Yoink-? No -Yoinking!- thanks.
First thing I will say ....... Halo does not "need" Battle Royal.
Could Halo do a battle Royal? Surely.
Does it fit with Halo's play-style? Not really.
Looking at MCC as an example of the battle pass system , and it doesn't sit well. I don't care for inevitable climbs , Reach was a horrible misstep as far as Halo is concerned in this direction (speaking exclusively of the level system , I know Reach didn't do unlocks in the same way). But back to the battle pass , having a linear line of progression sucks. What if (I know unlikely) everything I like is unlocked early? I have no incentive to keep leveling (not an issue for me personally as I don't care anyway) , but for younger players ; this eliminates all incentive to play. Or worse , it doesn't unlock for 100 levels , is a cosmetic worth that grind? Not to me. Probably not to a lot of players.

What Halo "needs" is to be solid , mechanics , writing , sound.
It "needs" to be a Halo game, not a sci-fi game with a Halo label chasing trends.
Halo "needs" to be fun. It should make you forget about unlocks and skins , and just be fun to play.
Halo "needs" to be a social event again. When you get on with your friends at 6 to play a couple games and next thing you know it's 10 or 11.
This is what Halo "needs" , not fad mechanics or modes.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Although I don't think it "needs" it, I would LOVE to see Halo Battle Royale. I do think the sniper would need a nerf in some way for this mode considering how easy it is to use a sniper in Halo compared to some other battle royale counter-parts. Now that I think about it, a lot of the weapons would probably have to be tweeked for this mode considering how many 1 shot kill weapons there are in Halo.

Hopefully if it's not released with Infinite, we will get it some day.
I agree. I don't think Halo needs Battle Royale, but done right it could be an amazing add on or stand alone game.
No just no battle royal is ruining most games as after a while it gets plagued with try hards and overly competitive players causing the normal players like myself to get annoyed, if halo did one I would stop playing.

edit: I mention to quote just a deadly flamingo but I quoted eviltedi as well.
What games are getting ruined because of Battle Royale ? Also, just about every competitive game gets plagued with try hards, it's not something you can avoid. Are you going to stop playing all games because of try hards ?
Call of duty 4, ark survival evolved, minecraft also try hards are more apparent in battle royal also they should work on making a better halo game that creating a stupid battle royal which the minority of players want
Call of Duty Blackout 4 was built as a Battle Royale and is very good imo, it still has a solid player base, Ark Survival Evolved is still very popular, Minecraft has an optional Battle Royale and remains very popular, none of those titles are ruined because of Battle Royale imo. I think a Halo Battle Royale could be amazing as a stand alone. If it's a stand alone you can ignore it if you want to.
No. Just no.

If you want BR then don't get Halo.

Please leave us now.
No. Just no.

If you want BR then don't get Halo.

Please leave us now.
You don’t have to be so harsh on them, they can have opinions and still be halo fans .

I can say the same remarks about a lot of opinions held by the community, splintering the community and exiling 1 opinion at a time until halo no longer has a community. Differing opinions aren’t bad, and disagreement is healthy as long as we explain ourselves and approach each other with understanding. What part(s) of battle royals are you against?
After playing the new CoD Warzone ( I never play CoD btw) I don't think it would be a bad idea to at least try to make something similar.
After playing the new CoD Warzone ( I never play CoD btw) I don't think it would be a bad idea to at least try to make something similar. If you haven't played CoD Warzone then don't bost your opinion about it on this comment.
eh again with that rhetoric....
Look , we dont need to alienate people's opinoins. People who dont like battle royale have their reasons. People who do like battle royale have their reasons.
Ive watched plenty of CoD Warzone , and I think I like the way they pulled it off.

I have already posted my opinoin about how I think halo can make their own unique version of battle royale and im for it. But for the sake of argument, I'll play devils advocate.
A very big reason why people are against battle royale is because content is often cut from other aspects of the game to accomodate it. Campaigns cut corners, and mediocre traditional multiplayer experiences. That is a legitimate concern.

Another reason is people dont like having to search for a new match every time they die.... and some people dont want to play a 20 min game because they dont have the time.
Another reason ... is that battle royale may promote the hide and shoot gameplay halo was never known for.

CoD Warzone did pull it off nicely... but I dont think a halo with the same mechanics as Cod Warzone is a good idea.
Spawning from high above... ye I think that is something that can be pulled off in halo... we have freaking ODST pods... the OG sky spawns lol .
One life games... eh, this is not something I think halo can pull off and have a returning player base.
Tournaments and continous updates and new content? I think this in particualar is inevitable ... a halo infinite most certainly kinda already has to have this.
Weapons on map are already a halo thing.
Vehicles on map are already a halo thing.
team games with multiple teams were already a halo thing.
Essentially the only thing that we cant do yet in halo with respect to battle royale is the larger maps and larger player counts.... at least not yet.
And Im all in favor for the option to get a higher player limit, and larger maps.
After playing the new CoD Warzone ( I never play CoD btw) I don't think it would be a bad idea to at least try to make something similar. If you haven't played CoD Warzone then don't bost your opinion about it on this comment.
I agree
You never know until you try (don't take that out of context)
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Although I don't think it "needs" it, I would LOVE to see Halo Battle Royale. I do think the sniper would need a nerf in some way for this mode considering how easy it is to use a sniper in Halo compared to some other battle royale counter-parts. Now that I think about it, a lot of the weapons would probably have to be tweeked for this mode considering how many 1 shot kill weapons there are in Halo.

Hopefully if it's not released with Infinite, we will get it some day.
I agree. I don't think Halo needs Battle Royale, but done right it could be an amazing add on or stand alone game.
No just no battle royal is ruining most games as after a while it gets plagued with try hards and overly competitive players causing the normal players like myself to get annoyed, if halo did one I would stop playing.

edit: I mention to quote just a deadly flamingo but I quoted eviltedi as well.
What games are getting ruined because of Battle Royale ? Also, just about every competitive game gets plagued with try hards, it's not something you can avoid. Are you going to stop playing all games because of try hards ?
Call of duty 4, ark survival evolved, minecraft also try hards are more apparent in battle royal also they should work on making a better halo game that creating a stupid battle royal which the minority of players want
Call of Duty Blackout 4 was built as a Battle Royale and is very good imo, it still has a solid player base, Ark Survival Evolved is still very popular, Minecraft has an optional Battle Royale and remains very popular, none of those titles are ruined because of Battle Royale imo. I think a Halo Battle Royale could be amazing as a stand alone. If it's a stand alone you can ignore it if you want to.
It wouldn’t fit in with halos lore that’s what I’m getting at also call of duty 4 had terrible reviews from its original fan base only newer player liked it ark is a great game but it’s survival of the fittest mode failed so bad they cut it from the game and minecraft battle royal just plain sucks
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Although I don't think it "needs" it, I would LOVE to see Halo Battle Royale. I do think the sniper would need a nerf in some way for this mode considering how easy it is to use a sniper in Halo compared to some other battle royale counter-parts. Now that I think about it, a lot of the weapons would probably have to be tweeked for this mode considering how many 1 shot kill weapons there are in Halo.

Hopefully if it's not released with Infinite, we will get it some day.
I agree. I don't think Halo needs Battle Royale, but done right it could be an amazing add on or stand alone game.
No just no battle royal is ruining most games as after a while it gets plagued with try hards and overly competitive players causing the normal players like myself to get annoyed, if halo did one I would stop playing.

edit: I mention to quote just a deadly flamingo but I quoted eviltedi as well.
What games are getting ruined because of Battle Royale ? Also, just about every competitive game gets plagued with try hards, it's not something you can avoid. Are you going to stop playing all games because of try hards ?
Call of duty 4, ark survival evolved, minecraft also try hards are more apparent in battle royal also they should work on making a better halo game that creating a stupid battle royal which the minority of players want
Call of Duty Blackout 4 was built as a Battle Royale and is very good imo, it still has a solid player base, Ark Survival Evolved is still very popular, Minecraft has an optional Battle Royale and remains very popular, none of those titles are ruined because of Battle Royale imo. I think a Halo Battle Royale could be amazing as a stand alone. If it's a stand alone you can ignore it if you want to.
It wouldn’t fit in with halos lore that’s what I’m getting at also call of duty 4 had terrible reviews from its original fan base only newer player liked it ark is a great game but it’s survival of the fittest mode failed so bad they cut it from the game and minecraft battle royal just plain sucks
I played minecraft battle royale. Agreed it sucks... but... Ive also played other games similar to battle royale in minecraft... like egg wars and sky wars ... and I like those. survival games thou... not a big fan.
Please no.
I’m just hopping for some large scale battles, like much higher than 8v8. Maybe 16v16 or 32v32. And with some cool new gameplay mechanics that aren’t just silly AI warzone bosses. BR though? No thanks.
No, no, no, no, no, and -Yoink- no.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Although I don't think it "needs" it, I would LOVE to see Halo Battle Royale. I do think the sniper would need a nerf in some way for this mode considering how easy it is to use a sniper in Halo compared to some other battle royale counter-parts. Now that I think about it, a lot of the weapons would probably have to be tweeked for this mode considering how many 1 shot kill weapons there are in Halo.

Hopefully if it's not released with Infinite, we will get it some day.
I agree. I don't think Halo needs Battle Royale, but done right it could be an amazing add on or stand alone game.
No just no battle royal is ruining most games as after a while it gets plagued with try hards and overly competitive players causing the normal players like myself to get annoyed, if halo did one I would stop playing.

edit: I mention to quote just a deadly flamingo but I quoted eviltedi as well.
What games are getting ruined because of Battle Royale ? Also, just about every competitive game gets plagued with try hards, it's not something you can avoid. Are you going to stop playing all games because of try hards ?
Call of duty 4, ark survival evolved, minecraft also try hards are more apparent in battle royal also they should work on making a better halo game that creating a stupid battle royal which the minority of players want
Call of Duty Blackout 4 was built as a Battle Royale and is very good imo, it still has a solid player base, Ark Survival Evolved is still very popular, Minecraft has an optional Battle Royale and remains very popular, none of those titles are ruined because of Battle Royale imo. I think a Halo Battle Royale could be amazing as a stand alone. If it's a stand alone you can ignore it if you want to.
It wouldn’t fit in with halos lore that’s what I’m getting at also call of duty 4 had terrible reviews from its original fan base only newer player liked it ark is a great game but it’s survival of the fittest mode failed so bad they cut it from the game and minecraft battle royal just plain sucks
It wouldn't fit in with Halo's lore ? Does TDM, Capture The Flag or Warzone ? I think a stand alone Halo Battle Royale would be great. If you don't like it, or want to play it then you can pass on it. I hate RTS games, but you don't see me telling the developers if they make Halo Wars I'll stop playing. I didn't buy Halo Wars 2 because it's not for me. Battle Royale haters have the same choice.

Also, you say CoD Blackout got terrible reviews from it's original fan base, it's still in the top twenty most played on XBL. If that's the case then new players have been drawn to it and added to the success. How do you know a Halo Battle Royale won't have the same success ?
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
I would like a halo battle royale plz.
HELL NO. Halo is not that kind of game.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Although I don't think it "needs" it, I would LOVE to see Halo Battle Royale. I do think the sniper would need a nerf in some way for this mode considering how easy it is to use a sniper in Halo compared to some other battle royale counter-parts. Now that I think about it, a lot of the weapons would probably have to be tweeked for this mode considering how many 1 shot kill weapons there are in Halo.

Hopefully if it's not released with Infinite, we will get it some day.
I agree. I don't think Halo needs Battle Royale, but done right it could be an amazing add on or stand alone game.
No just no battle royal is ruining most games as after a while it gets plagued with try hards and overly competitive players causing the normal players like myself to get annoyed, if halo did one I would stop playing.

edit: I mention to quote just a deadly flamingo but I quoted eviltedi as well.
What games are getting ruined because of Battle Royale ? Also, just about every competitive game gets plagued with try hards, it's not something you can avoid. Are you going to stop playing all games because of try hards ?
Call of duty 4, ark survival evolved, minecraft also try hards are more apparent in battle royal also they should work on making a better halo game that creating a stupid battle royal which the minority of players want
KCall of Duty Blackout 4 was built as a Battle Royale and is very good imo, it still has a solid player base, Ark Survival Evolved is still very popular, Minecraft has an optional Battle Royale and remains very popular, none of those titles are ruined because of Battle Royale imo. I think a Halo Battle Royale could be amazing as a stand alone. If it's a stand alone you can ignore it if you want to.
It wouldn’t fit in with halos lore that’s what I’m getting at also call of duty 4 had terrible reviews from its original fan base only newer player liked it ark is a great game but it’s survival of the fittest mode failed so bad they cut it from the game and minecraft battle royal just plain sucks
It wouldn't fit in with Halo's lore ? Does TDM, Capture The Flag or Warzone ? I think a stand alone Halo Battle Royale would be great. If you don't like it, or want to play it then you can pass on it. I hate RTS games, but you don't see me telling the developers if they make Halo Wars I'll stop playing. I didn't buy Halo Wars 2 because it's not for me. Battle Royale haters have the same choice.

Also, you say CoD Blackout got terrible reviews from it's original fan base, it's still in the top twenty most played on XBL. If that's the case then new players have been drawn to it and added to the success. How do you know a Halo Battle Royale won't have the same success ?
War zone and capture the flag are game modes if a halo game centred around battle royal was created it would be terrible and wouldn’t fit into the lore as for halo wars it did, I don’t hate battle royal I just want it to at least fit in to a franchise the only way it would is with ODST and as a game mode not a separate game
saifa117 wrote:
After playing the new CoD Warzone ( I never play CoD btw) I don't think it would be a bad idea to at least try to make something similar. If you haven't played CoD Warzone then don't bost your opinion about it on this comment.
eh again with that rhetoric....
Look , we dont need to alienate people's opinoins. People who dont like battle royale have their reasons. People who do like battle royale have their reasons.
Ive watched plenty of CoD Warzone , and I think I like the way they pulled it off.

I have already posted my opinoin about how I think halo can make their own unique version of battle royale and im for it. But for the sake of argument, I'll play devils advocate.
A very big reason why people are against battle royale is because content is often cut from other aspects of the game to accomodate it. Campaigns cut corners, and mediocre traditional multiplayer experiences. That is a legitimate concern.

Another reason is people dont like having to search for a new match every time they die.... and some people dont want to play a 20 min game because they dont have the time.
Another reason ... is that battle royale may promote the hide and shoot gameplay halo was never known for.

CoD Warzone did pull it off nicely... but I dont think a halo with the same mechanics as Cod Warzone is a good idea.
Spawning from high above... ye I think that is something that can be pulled off in halo... we have freaking ODST pods... the OG sky spawns lol .
One life games... eh, this is not something I think halo can pull off and have a returning player base.
Tournaments and continous updates and new content? I think this in particualar is inevitable ... a halo infinite most certainly kinda already has to have this.
Weapons on map are already a halo thing.
Vehicles on map are already a halo thing.
team games with multiple teams were already a halo thing.
Essentially the only thing that we cant do yet in halo with respect to battle royale is the larger maps and larger player counts.... at least not yet.
And Im all in favor for the option to get a higher player limit, and larger maps.
If it’s based with ODST and it made sense in the lore then I would be fine with it but only if it’s just a game mode as Halo needs to focus more on the story like in the better halo games instead of spending time having to create an entirely new halo game, also if a game centred around battle royal came to halo think of the horrors when people like ninja start to play do you really want them types of player coming to halo
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13