Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Infinite news at game awards

OP THEROWEBOT253

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So with the games awards coming this week it’s possible we might get some news regarding halo infinite whether it be a small teaser or more concept art. A lot of game trailers usually come out then and it’s already announced that the next far cry is being revealed there so it’s very possible we’ll see something revealed whether it be another trailer, new concept art or possibly a release window. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if we get nothing at all it’s nice to hope because chances are if we get nothing at the game awards, we’ll probably have to wait until E3 2019.
Best not to get your hopes up I'd think. That creates expectations that may not be met which is a disappointing experience. Just look at all the Diablo fans that were so excited to get news for their beloved game series- sometimes even when you get the announcement video or more info it doesn't make you feel better.

I'd advise patience. The game will get here when it's ready.
I doubt we'll get anything. Several other developers that are revealing/potentially revealing something there have at least given out a teaser, whereas 343i has been dead silent. They could just be keeping quiet but I don't know, something tells me there won't be anything there. On a side note, I'm super excited to see what Obsidian's new game is.
To no one’s surprise, nothing was announced since it’s not a high-profile event like E3....
The least 343 could do is to give us SOMETHING every once an a while. Since the game was announced BACK IN JUNE the most we've gotten is a piece of art that's just a recolored image of the trailer THAT WE'VE ALREADY SEEN! What's the worst way to make your fan base loose interest? Announce something and then don't acknowledge it for months and months. 343 better start coming out with more stuff in 2019.
EchoLoco2 wrote:
The least 343 could do is to give us SOMETHING every once an a while. Since the game was announced BACK IN JUNE the most we've gotten is a piece of art that's just a recolored image of the trailer THAT WE'VE ALREADY SEEN! What's the worst way to make your fan base loose interest? Announce something and then don't acknowledge it for months and months. 343 better start coming out with more stuff in 2019.
Patience, friend. It's likely they want the next appearance to be significant; something to really catch our attention. They also know how much they need to bank on this next installment since the displeased outcry Guardians received.
EchoLoco2 wrote:
We probably will get a major reveal at E3 2019 which another trailer, possibly showing off gameplay and info on the beta.
Halo 5>halo infinite
tuhin94 wrote:
To no one’s surprise, nothing was announced since it’s not a high-profile event like E3....
But wasn't it advertised as being bigger than E3? :D
EchoLoco2 wrote:
We probably will get a major reveal at E3 2019 which another trailer, possibly showing off gameplay and info on the beta.
A this point that is what I expect. 2020 release with no real news until E3 2019. Maybe if we're lucky we get a beta at the end of 2019.
EchoLoco2 wrote:
I'm not so sure on losing interest if they were never hyping it to begin with, it was just a teaser of the engine demo. They (Bethesda) teased the next elder scrolls and that's most likely 3-4 years away. Bioware just teased dragon age 4 last night and rumors are about that it won't be out till at least 2021.

Point is much of these announcements are there simply to say they're making it, they're not in marketing stage so it's going to be quiet. I don't think even little things like concept art help cause at some point even that won't be enough once patience runs out.

I've been waiting since 2011 for the next SP elder scrolls game, and it'll still be years till it's out so I think Halo players can wait another year 🤷
Heyhou117 wrote:
Halo 5>halo infinite
Dude Infinite isn't even out yet so how can you judge it?
EchoLoco2 wrote:
A this point that is what I expect. 2020 release with no real news until E3 2019. Maybe if we're lucky we get a beta at the end of 2019.
At first I was very sure we’d get a 2019 release, but as time goes on 2020 is starting to seem more and more likely which is good and bad becueas they’ll get another year to perfect the game but means it would have been 5 years since a main line halo game
EchoLoco2 wrote:
At first I was very sure we’d get a 2019 release, but as time goes on 2020 is starting to seem more and more likely which is good and bad becueas they’ll get another year to perfect the game but means it would have been 5 years since a main line halo game
Yeah it's really depressing. I know it's not intentional and things happen, but 5 years is way too long. That's like a kids entire childhood without a new Halo. I'm good for now though thanks to TMCC and Match Composer. I'll be rocking Halo CE for at least a year. I don't want to play anything else lol.
tuhin94 wrote:
But wasn't it advertised as being bigger than E3? :D
They spent way too much time catering to Red Dead Redemption 2 and the musical talent they brought along. The game is ok and the music was nice, but I spent at least 70% of my time listening to people talk about things completely irrelevant to why I tuned in to watch the Game Awards...
Heyhou117 wrote:
Halo 5>halo infinite
Are you from the future or something?
Heyhou117 wrote:
Halo 5>halo infinite
There is no way Halo 5 will be better than Infinite. Halo 5 is a fun game, but needs some toning down.
Heyhou117 wrote:
Halo 5>halo infinite
There is no way Halo 5 will be better than Infinite. Halo 5 is a fun game, but needs some toning down.
I will admit Halo 5 can be fun sometimes, but I hope Infinite won’t have a bad launch, I just hope the game will be good day 1
Heyhou117 wrote:
Halo 5>halo infinite
I will admit Halo 5 can be fun sometimes, but I hope Infinite won’t have a bad launch, I just hope the game will be good day 1
A hope shared by many lol. 343 has a lot of work to do to make up for H5 (there were some good things, but plenty of bad imo), but I'm optimistic and can't wait to pick up Infinite when it's available for pre-order.
Heyhou117 wrote:
Halo 5>halo infinite
Halo Infinite would have to sink to a whole new level of bad to be any worse than Halo 5.

I really dont see it unless they go full on Destiny level storytelling and 'shared world' level design.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2