Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Infinite Swat

OP CaNateyen

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
When I think about swat, the mode has changed a lot throughout halo. Every game has a version that is a little bit different. In reach it's all dmr and pistols. 3 is br and dual weildable pistols with grenades, 4 had us choose br or dmr and start with pistols, and h5 has different modes with no secondary weapon. What are people's thoughts on how infinite should do it? My favourite swats are 3 and 4, but 3 is the most interesting one.
If it were up to me, I would have a loadout start with brs and dmrs with a dual weildable pistol as a secondary and grenades on the map. That being said, it may be unlikely that dual wielding and loadouts would return, so I would be happy as long as we get to start with a secondary weapon and use grenades. I just feel like grenades added so much to halo 3's swat and that's why I prefer it over halo 4.
I like Halo 5s approach with having different game modes - keeps rotating things so each match feels a little more interesting, and the small varieties in the weapon capabilities/fire rates etc adds that extra skill edge
I like Halo 5s approach with having different game modes - keeps rotating things so each match feels a little more interesting, and the small varieties in the weapon capabilities/fire rates etc adds that extra skill edge
Halo 5's could have been but I would have liked it a lot better If we had a secondary weapon. It just gets boring when there is only one way to kill someone but that is my personal preference. I guess some might prefer a more streamlined swat but I also like grenades in swat a lot. I'm not sure how other people feel about grenades.
grenades have no place in a no-frills who aims better wins gamemode, especially Halo 5's god awful grenades.
I'd rather the H5 version of swat but i dont like it when they put you with Halo CE magnum, it's a power weapon and i dont like play ranked matches with power weapons as default.
Halo 4 Swat was one of the few places where load outs worked, giving the option worked and honestly some maps were better with the DMR and others with the BR.

Otherwise I quite like the way Reach or 3 did it. Keep it down to the basics, a primary and side arm, no grenades. Halo 5 had too many varieties.
5's was the best in my opinion. I like not having a secondary. IMO its a skill based precision game mode and about who uses the weapon better.
I think halo 5's may have been a better see who sees who first mode and a better test of skill, but honestly I just found it boring. There was at least a little bit of creativity in how you can kill in other modes but do people really prefer the skill only game vs the one that was more fun? This is why halo 5 struggled as a whole, especially at its launch. This makes me feel like there should be a competitive swat for people who like halo 5 (which isn't me) and a social one that rotates in and out that has grenades and a secondary weapon. I doubt they would have 2 versions of swat though.
CaNateyen wrote:
I think halo 5's may have been a better see who sees who first mode and a better test of skill, but honestly I just found it boring. There was at least a little bit of creativity in how you can kill in other modes but do people really prefer the skill only game vs the one that was more fun? This is why halo 5 struggled as a whole, especially at its launch. This makes me feel like there should be a competitive swat for people who like halo 5 (which isn't me) and a social one that rotates in and out that has grenades and a secondary weapon. I doubt they would have 2 versions of swat though.
Ngl they concept of social swat is a bit silly
RollCats wrote:
CaNateyen wrote:
Ngl they concept of social swat is a bit silly
Then I would rather only have the fun version of swat or both versions in competitive.
(Also, tell that to 343 who has swat in social on mcc)
It should just be BR/DMR and Pistol to be honest. No grenades, no dual wielding. SWAT as SWAT should be.

Having said that: I would like a SWAT-Invasion mash up. Small maps that focus on extraction/planting bombs from/in buildings with SWAT mechanics would be fun. Have one team holed up in a building with 2 inside stages and an outside courtyard, with the other team having to fly in by Falcon or drive in by Troop Hog and just trying to get in ASAP. Small, fast paced, best of both worlds.
I play almost exclusively SWAT playlists.

I may be the minority, but I also believe it should be a social playlist. I love H5 mechanics but I just don't have as much fun playing SWAT. And I am pretty sure its because H5 are ranked matches.

In social SWAT, I think it's the randomness of each match. Sometimes they are hyper-competitive. Sometimes I am dominating. Sometimes I get owned. But it makes each match fresh and different.
Does anyone remember when we have SWAT objective games in MCC??? It was freaking amazing!

King of the Hill and CTF SWAT was absolute insanity in the best way.

Please bring it back.
As much as I think SWAT should stay pure for the most part, I think adding some diversity to the lineup would be good - throw in a few objective games and grenade maps
id like a gamemode where its swat but theres weapon pick ups and maybe one frag limit but also power weapons not sure what these would bee but like the halo 1 pistol or something
SWAT is poop.

It's not actual Halo gameplay and I wish it would stop getting so much attention.

It's basically CoD with super high aim assist.
SWAT is poop.

It's not actual Halo gameplay and I wish it would stop getting so much attention.

It's basically CoD with super high aim assist.
I don't disagree with this at all. I often avoid swat for months because of this. But that's the same thing with cod, I avoid it for long periods of time for this same reason. It just goes to show the nice mix of variety that Halo has.
I don't mind the occasional dip into SWAT.

There was a month or so earlier this year where the Aussie servers crapped themselves... and I could only get into a couple of playlists... but after a couple of weeks of SWAT I found my general play improved heaps.

And not just aiming / headshots. Also the way I traversed maps / went around corners. Oh, and learning to rely more on sounds than radar to when someone was close.
People saying “Oh Classic Halo come back!” I would LOVE to see Classic Halo come back and try to exist in the landscape today. The content that Bungie was making would NEVER fly in gaming today and you have to adapt and overcome the fact that like... you can’t even sprint bro, I’d love to see it try and make a comeback.
People saying “Oh Classic Halo come back!” I would LOVE to see Classic Halo come back and try to exist in the landscape today. The content that Bungie was making would NEVER fly in gaming today and you have to adapt and overcome the fact that like... you can’t even sprint bro, I’d love to see it try and make a comeback.
Well, it kinda has surpassed halo 5 just based on how people are playing mcc more than halo 5 :P You should have said this before Halo 3 made a massive comeback. I do think sprint can have a place in halo if done right, but the evidence shows that Halo without sprint is more popular.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2