So, this is all I got for now.
-Xbox Series X (September Public Dashboard OS);
-Controller Elite Series v2;
-Language: Italian; Country: Italy;
-LG OLED B7 55" (using Calibrated HDR Game mode);
-Lucid Sound LS35X with DTS: Headphone X enabled.
Halo Infinite settings changes from default:
- Main Menu: as soon as Flight 2 is started, there is a flash transition to the main menu, then instantly on the new loading screen and then again on the main menu. It's a bit annoying to see at every start;
- Main Menu: there are some reflections' flickering on left and right side of the floor, right below the parked Pelican;
- Main Menu: when entering/exiting Settings submenu there is a "green flicker/flash" on screen for a brief moment, similar to a signal error;
- Main Menu: Spartans/Weapons/Vehicles models in the showroom are a bit too much aliased, edges should be smoother;
- Main Menu: disabling Running/Speed "lines" effect has no effect when applied from Main Menu. It applies in-game correctly (enabling/disabling it again), but the effect will appear again on new matches (even if the settings remains disabled in the Settings menu). It won't stick;
- In-Game Menu: when opening and navigating Settings Menu while in-game, there is a very annoying "flashing" of the entire screen in and out of the actual game, which could be a big issue for photosensitive and epileptic people out there;
- Shooting Range: there is noticeable stutter during camera, player and bots movement. It's really bad and annoying but strange as this is non existent in actual game matches (Training Mode and Social Slayer);
- In-Game: our Spartan HAS NO LEGS. When looking down only our shadow on the terrain is visible, along with our footprints on mud and other surfaces but without any leg model/animation like in previous Halo. That was weird!
- In-Game: explosions' effects could be better, especially plasma explosions which still look like exploding ink. Frag granades explosions could have more smoke and depth. See Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign and Multiplayer for good explosions reference;
- In-Game: I noticed some random light flickering on some of the Arena maps (both in Recharge and Bazaar).
- Nothing to report here: both main menu and in-game music and all audio effects and design is just THE BEST I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED IN A GAME. Also everything worked as expected. A true standing ovation to the Music/Audio teams here. You Nailed it. Really!
LOCALIZATION (ITALIAN) FEEDBACK
- Current system to switch Granades type in Training Mode is cumbersome (push Left D-Pad, then have a look on current available granades type and switch Up D-Pad for changing it or Left D-Pad again to keep those in use). I think that just pushing Left D-Pad to cycle between them would be much more easy/intuitive and functional, as it always been and as it seems it already is in Social Slayer 4vs4. Same direct cycling is highly preferrable also in Campaign;
- In-Game: sometimes while playing there is a full freeze of around 10 seconds, then everything starts moving again. Very worrysome!
- Main Menu: The detailed final Score table after a match is not sorting the best players accordingly. E.g. the best player of a team (best score + best K/D/A ratio + best aim etc.) is wrongly put as last of the squad, or randomly in the middle;
- Main Menu: Spartan ID customization is greyed out / not accessible;
- Store: Purchased items in the in-game Store cannot be equipped -> Xbox Live Error.
- With my Series X set in Italian/Italy there is no English voiceover at all (no Personal AI dialogues, No Narrator, No Spartans chatter, nothing). Just Italian subtitles;
- Most of texts are already translated in Italian while many others don't (e.g. Challanges and Challanges Description, Maps Descriptions etc.);
- I really hope the final game WILL have Italian voiceover and audio too?
All in all, I'm really having a blast with Halo Infinite MP and I truly believe you all at 343i created something truly special which was strongly missed both by the gaming industry and mainly by all players around the globe.
I really can't wait to also fully dig in BTB 12vs12 next week (so to prepare a "Part 2" of this overall feedback post) and especially see what you've cooked Campaign wise.
In the meanwhile, keep it up with this outstanding work!