[Locked] Infinite Tech Preview – PC Specific Feedback

OP snickerdoodle

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 73
Welcome to the eagerly awaited Halo Infinite technical preview! We are looking for feedback on specific areas and have threads dedicated to each one right here on Waypoint.
This thread is focused on collecting feedback on PC-specific feedback. To provide feedback on other aspects of the flight, please use the dedicated threads for each key feedback area:
            For bugs or technical issues, please utilize the Halo Insider Support site’s knowledge base and submit tickets as necessary. To reiterate, if you encounter a bug, please submit a ticket via the Halo Insider Support page.

Thank you for participating in this Halo Infinite technical preview, we hope you have fun and please share your thoughts with us below!
            I have tested 5120x1440p at fullscreen and at windowed 2560x1440p, as well as low and ultra. The difference is maybe 8 FPS and am sitting at approximately 35FPS with a AMD 6800 XT Using the newest drivers.

Edit:
            Full PC specs to better show the strength of my system in addition to the GPU. (This information is already in the DXDiag but never hurts right?)
            CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (Vermeer, VMR-B0)
            3400 MHz (34.00x100.0) @ 4357 MHz (44.25x98.5)
            Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X570-PRO
            BIOS: 3801, 04/07/2021
            Chipset: AMD X570 (Bixby)
            Memory: 65536 MBytes @ 1575 MHz, 14-14-14-34
            - 16384 MB PC17000 DDR4 SDRAM - G Skill F4-3200C14-16GTZR
            Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
            AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, 16384 MB GDDR6 SDRAM
            Drive: Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB, 488.4 GB, NVMe
            Drive: Samsung SSD 870 QVO 2TB, 1953.5 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
            Drive: SAMSUNG SSD PM871 M.2 2280 256GB, 250.1 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
            Drive: ST8000DM004-2CX188, 7814.0 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s <-> USB
            Drive: USB3.0, Disk drive
            Sound: ATI/AMD Navi21 - High Definition Audio Controller
            Sound: AMD Starship/Matisse/Vermeer - HD Audio Controller
            Network: Intel I211AT Copper (Pearsonville) Network Adapter
            Network: Realtek RTL8188EU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter
            OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 22000.100
            Playing controller on PC, it feels a little clunky and slow. The screen shake slider doesn't eliminate screen shake completely, I know you are going for the feeling that we are actually sprinting but it's just distracting. Most of the guns feel a little off and need slight accuracy changes in my opinion. The default AR needs a slight damage increase to make up for the bloom it has. A huge thing that needs to change before the game goes live is the boosts to xp ticking even when you are in lobby. Other games do this and honestly it's just toxic. The player shouldn't be penalized for slow matchmaking times. if you feel that makes the double xp too powerful make them for less time but run only during a match. Shows you care about balance and the player. Right now the only gun that feels good is the pistol and I'm sure you will be able to tell that's what most of us are using. This absolutely does not mean it needs nerfed it just means that the other guns need balanced around the pistol. It feels like classic Halo gunplay. This is only my first impressions after 2.5 hours of gameplay I'll update my feedback throughout my flight. Hopefully you take these things into consideration. Also in case my bug report gets lost in the sauce I'll put it here as well, when you tab out and come back the audio bugs out and some things end up muffled.
            in my gtx 1660 super is using only 60%, in low settings framterate stay approximately 50, in ultra 35,40 fps

TRANSLATE with x English ArabicHebrewPolish BulgarianHindiPortuguese CatalanHmong DawRomanian Chinese SimplifiedHungarianRussian Chinese TraditionalIndonesianSlovak CzechItalianSlovenian DanishJapaneseSpanish DutchKlingonSwedish EnglishKoreanThai EstonianLatvianTurkish FinnishLithuanianUkrainian FrenchMalayUrdu GermanMalteseVietnamese GreekNorwegianWelsh Haitian CreolePersian Bing Webmaster Portal <a>Back</a>
            Playing at 2560x1400 medium fullscreen with a 10600k, Evga 3060 XC, and I'm getting about 55-60 fps with latest drivers.
            This game took me back to my Combat Evolved days. Seriously, it's like I'm playing on my Geforce 3 I purchased back in 2001 all over again.

3440x1440 W/ RX6800 / Ryzen 5800X. Can't hold 60, even on lowest settings.
            Real short and sweet for now, anyone else think the gun and ammo counter should be back at the top?? kinda miss my weapons so tightly packed at the bottom.
            I did not receive my halo infinite beta despite the fact I was invited. I'm currently a pc flight tester so if any staff of 343 sees this post please info me what should I do via email so that I can describe any gameplay problems my hardware encountered.

thank you and have a nice day
            STEPS TO FIND THE KEY-
            1. Click on your profile.
            2. Click on halo insider.
            3. Go to the bottom of the page.
            4. Key will be present under additional info.
            i cant get into my messages to see my flight code, keeps telling me there is a problem on 343s end ? nothing in my emails with a code either. it went live 3 hours ago.
            Hi, I'm really enjoying the Infinite Tech Preview! But the game is poorly optimized for my GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 56. It never reaches 100% usage and regardless of the graphic configuration configured, the frametime is the same. Unfortunately I can't achieve 60 FPS at 1080p on a low graphics setting. Setup: Ryzen 5 3600 + Vega 56. driver version: 21.7.2 Thanks and good tests!
            I did not receive my halo infinite beta despite the fact I was invited. I'm currently a pc flight tester so if any staff of 343 sees this post please info me what should I do via email so that I can describe any gameplay problems my hardware encountered.

thank you and have a nice day
            What do you mean you didn't receive it? You mean you didn't get a Steam key for it? Click on your name in the corner, go to Halo Insider, then scroll to the bottom. If you really got in the tech preview your Steam key should be in there.
            When I click onto the Flight messages on my Insider profile, there is nothing nor is there any messages. I did however see my key when looking at my profile. I redeemed it on Steam and downloaded/installed it. When I go to launch it, it would take a few minutes to load then when the Halo chant menu theme comes on; my game would crash to desktop.
            I'm getting stuck at the initial loading screen when I open my game. The black screen with the 4 dots at the top left. I'm gonna try several things before I submit a ticket, like verify file integrity, restart comp, reinstall the game, update GPU drivers. If none of that works, I'll file a support ticket.

Edit #1: I got the game to launch. I originally downloaded it to an HDD. I decided to reinstall on an SSD. The game launched no problem. I go to log into my Xbox/Microsoft account and the images on the login screen were a bit pixelated. Then I sign in and the game prompts me with "Your account is not authorized to play Halo Infinite" or something like that. I closed the game launched it again, logged in again, and now I'm at the home screen.

Edit #2: A couple of issues I'm running into. One of them being when I attempt to remap push to talk button to something else, like for example mouse 4, it crashes the game. Same thing happened with trying to map/remap my scoreboard in the settings as well. First game I ever played, I held tab to view the scoreboard. After the first game, the scoreboard no longer appears when I press tab during game. I tried to map/remap scoreboard and again the game crashes. I also played around with some graphics settings. I'm running a 144hz monitor and I originally set my minimum frames to off and maximum frames to 144 hz (VSYNC off), but doing this caused my game to stutter like crazy. I fixed this by setting the minimum and maximum frames to 144 and kept VSYNC off.

Edit #3: I'm using the battle pass/upgrade to next level. I unlocked level 5 and the UA/AGATHIUS epic left shoulder pad picture is blank on the unlock screen. It's just a white box. Turns out it's every time I upgrade, there's no image of the item unlocked, it's just a white box.

Edit #4: Played about 3 matches in a row, 4th match I get Baazar for the first time, the environmental audio was very quiet compared to the voices from the characters. Gunshots were very quiet too. Only occurred once. I didn't touch my audio settings other than lowering menu music. I got Baazar again and this time the game audio was normal.

Edit #5: As of 8/1/2021 at 9:00 pm PST, I played quite a bit of this flight. PVP was really refreshing after slaying some brain dead bots. Overall, the game is really fun. As someone who was a fan of the original series (1,2,3) this game feels like a nice mix of old and new.

However, I do have a couple of complaints about general gameplay. Biggest one for me is grenade splash damage. There's been many times, especially in the PVP mode, where a grenade I throw at someone's feet, the grenade blows up, and the enemy doesn't die. Granted I've shot them a bit too so their shields should be lowered and a grenade will blow up at their feet and they don't die. Which in prior halo games will kill the enemy. Grenade splash damage IMO seems inconsistent.

Melee range is too high IMO. Feels like a H2 sword lunge as a regular melee. Also....I feel like a double melee wins in most situations in CQC compared to shooting the enemy a bit and finishing with a melee. Maybe I'm just bad (which I am), but I feel like double melee kills are skewed way too far in probability compared to shooting an enemy for a second and hitting them with a followup melee.

Weapons wise...I like where the game is at generally. The highlight weapon to me is the needler. The needler owns period. Although I can see why some would want it nerfed. IMO it's perfect. Never quite understood how to use the heatwave gun. I should've tested it out at the range. The assault rifle and pistol has too much range I feel. This point is especially present on the map Baazar. People damn near snipe with a pistol or AR which makes the Battle Rifle less effective. All the other weapons have their place and the balance seems good so far.

I also feel like controller is still the way to go when it comes to Halo Infinite. Bullet magnetism is very obvious on controller compared to M/KB. I realize input is very subjective and some will prefer m/kb. To me, Halo has always been designed to be played with a controller even though this game was designed from the ground up on PC. In other shooting games on PC, I enjoy M/KB 9 times out of 10, but Halo still feels best on a controller.

Graphically/performance wise, the game needs some work. I run a 3700x and 2080 super and ran the game the entire time at ultra/high settings, my frames averaged 70-100 FPS depending on the map. I did notice quite a bit of stutter even after I thought I correctly tweaked the video settings. I'm also running this game on a GSync display. VSync off. Min and max frames set to 144 hz.
            mci1989 wrote:
            i cant get into my messages to see my flight code, keeps telling me there is a problem on 343s end ? nothing in my emails with a code either. it went live 3 hours ago.
            I'm having the same issue
            Got my Steam Key through HalyWayPoint.
            Downloaded the game through Steam.

Everytime i click the play button, the game starts at a black screen with 3 dots in the top left hand corner of the screen then this happens every time:

game_Release.exe has stopped working
            A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I'm stuck at this point, any ideas what the issue might be?

(PROBLEM SOLVED. I just updated my graphics card drivers through the Nvidia GeForce Experience App. My new Driver version now is 471.41 for my Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060. Waiting on black screen with 3 dots can take a while sometimes but always pulls through to title screen now. Hope this helps someone)

Thanks,
            When I click onto the Flight messages on my Insider profile, there is nothing nor is there any messages. I did however see my key when looking at my profile. I redeemed it on Steam and downloaded/installed it. When I go to launch it, it would take a few minutes to load then when the Halo chant menu theme comes on; my game would crash to desktop.
            where did u see your key on your profile i cant see it anywhere ?
            Can't enter a Bot Slayer match. I've tried multiple times and I keep getting sent back to the lobby after a min or two of waiting.

Also when getting sent back to the lobby, the game will say that a match is already in progress of being searched and I can't cancel out of it or start up Academy unless I close to desktop and relaunch.
            I am playing on PC and during some matches I was getting an audio bug, where all of the game audio was muffled like I was under water. But then all of a sudden the music would get extremely loud, but the game audio would still be muffled. This happened for around 3 games in a row and then it fixed it self.
            It says I was invited but i don't see the code :( help please
            1. 1
            2. ...
            3. 2
            4. 3
            5. ...
            6. 73