3. 49
  4. 50
  5. 51
  6. 52
  7. 53
  8. ...
  9. 73
Nylo77 wrote:
  • Sprinting on PC gives the impression of frames dropping. Motion is smooth while aiming and walking but as soon as I start sprinting, the camera movement skips frames up and down instead of moving up and down smoothly.
This is horrid. Really needs to be fixed.
I want to be constructive here, I really do, I was a diehard Halo fan and even competed in live events back in the day'. The current Halo Infinite experience on PC with Keyboard and Mouse has so many problems I don't even know where to start. Aiming feels "floaty", graphics look same/worse as Halo reach on MCC, though we get 1/2 or worse FPS. Movement gives the effect of dropped frames, worse with jumping/vaulting and sprinting. It just feels awful to play. Like im trying to walk through mud while trying to aim with splinted wrists.

I really wanted to be as specific as possible and constructive, because I do want it to be better because I want to play a great Halo game so much, but it's unplayable from what I've come to expect with PC shooters. Every other title, even cross play ones on similar systems like Gears 5/CoD for example, play way better on PC.

Please Halo, please improve. How well this game feels and does with PC players will make or break it. Otherwise in my opinion, this game will have a tiny player base with controller/console play only and be doomed to 4 and 5's fate.

I hate being negative about a franchise I adore, but in its current state I won't play it F2P or not...
I've tried to play when I could, and when it worked it was fun!

This flight seemed very unoptimized for AMD systems. I am running an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X with an [XFX] Radeon RX 6900 XT using the 21.7.2 drivers. I experienced tons of visual artifacting (https://imgur [dot] com/a/e1NtbsY) that in most cases would eventually lead to a crash. In a few of those instances I've uploaded the bug report to AMD (but still have the crash report if you want it, please let me know a site to upload it to). It felt as though the visual artifacting would occur when taking damage, shields recharging on player character, and when the Needler has many needles in flight. I hope this is way more optimized for release. In fact as I wrote this post I hopped into the Arena Slayer test and crashed mid-way through the game. I hope my teammates won...

As for in-game feedback these are my thoughts:

• The Carbine does not feel satisfying. I'd prefer it be named something else, it just does not feel like the old Covenant Carbine.
  • The Academy is great idea, but having a regular playground with no time limit would be a massive improvement. Something that other users mentioned, like the test/tutorial area in Apex Legends, would be wonderful. I would try to test and modify keybinds but would have less than a minute while the challenge ticked down.
  • Better keyboard/mouse support for menus. The Academy menus would break and I'd have to use the Arrow keys to navigate the menus.
  • AI Voice Preview. I choose pyramid boy for my AI and in one match, it was bugged and instead had BUTLR. I had no idea the voices/emotions were very different. It would be great to preview voice lines for AI before equipping them.
  • Menu to select what dialogue is said from AI and Spartan Allies. Pyramid Boy telling me power-ups spawning are fantastic. I don't want him to tell me about picking up Spike Grenades off their spawn platform for the fourth time in a row. Having an ally Spartan yell "over yonder" is also not helpful. What are they teaching us at this Academy?
  • Better Weapon/Vehicle Hall menu. While I think the appearance (of the weapon floating above the table) is impressive, having to cycle through each weapon to find the one I want is time consuming. Maybe a smaller weapon selection at the bottom of the screen while still allowing the visual 'pop' of the weapon models.
  • Intro/Ending Match music. I saw earlier that the music falls a little flat [for the ending and intro] and I agree. If this is placeholder then I understand but as of right now it just doesn't evoke any emotion from me whatsoever.
  • Further tuning of Friend/Foe indicators. Some enemies were difficult to detect (with default settings). Some spartan color customization, such as yellow, would barely indicator that they were enemy.
Excited to see what's to come!
Personally, I'd like the option to limit scrolling to swap weapons. I hate the forcing of 1 notch of a scroll is 1 weapon swap so if I spin fast I end up at my original weapon. Sure F is an alternative but that's annoying when I'm trying to move. If you're going to have it on PC have proper PC keybind options please. Even being able to set a delay in ms between using the same swap button would be nice. Or give us weapon 1 and weapon 2 hotkeys.

It would also be nice to be able to see gamertags or service tags above a friendly players head when we look at them so we could actually call out warnings for them. Otherwise I'm left with dots that are not useful in any way. Similarly, the scorecard is broke 99% of my games and I can never seen it during the match.

The zoom for melee is a -Yoinking!- horrendous feature, if you want to call it that. I get it for the energy sword in games but not normal melee. If you're going to keep it it either needs to work or not. It is absurdly inconsistent. Sometimes it works for me and not them or vice versa. Regular melee should never have zoom, imo. Either you're close enough for melee or you're not. I also shouldn't be able to melee THROUGH an enemy from directly behind them then allowing them to melee me in the back.

The only maps we have so far are small but their spawns are pretty bad, imo. No game should ever spawn you in the sights of an enemy.

I'll assume things like correctly saving keybindings and not making voice chat on by default is already on the list or fixed in the current build. Toggle or PTT by default always. It's 2021 and open mic shouldn't be default since so many players don't even look at their settings before jumping into a match. This is PC not Xbox so we have that capability.
ARCLEADER wrote:
I've tried to play when I could, and when it worked it was fun!

This flight seemed very unoptimized for AMD systems. I am running an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X with an [XFX] Radeon RX 6900 XT using the 21.7.2 drivers. I experienced tons of visual artifacting (https://imgur [dot] com/a/e1NtbsY) that in most cases would eventually lead to a crash. In a few of those instances I've uploaded the bug report to AMD (but still have the crash report if you want it, please let me know a site to upload it to). It felt as though the visual artifacting would occur when taking damage, shields recharging on player character, and when the Needler has many needles in flight. I hope this is way more optimized for release. In fact as I wrote this post I hopped into the Arena Slayer test and crashed mid-way through the game. I hope my teammates won...

As for in-game feedback these are my thoughts:

• The Carbine does not feel satisfying. I'd prefer it be named something else, it just does not feel like the old Covenant Carbine.
  • The Academy is great idea, but having a regular playground with no time limit would be a massive improvement. Something that other users mentioned, like the test/tutorial area in Apex Legends, would be wonderful. I would try to test and modify keybinds but would have less than a minute while the challenge ticked down.
  • Better keyboard/mouse support for menus. The Academy menus would break and I'd have to use the Arrow keys to navigate the menus.
  • AI Voice Preview. I choose pyramid boy for my AI and in one match, it was bugged and instead had BUTLR. I had no idea the voices/emotions were very different. It would be great to preview voice lines for AI before equipping them.
  • Menu to select what dialogue is said from AI and Spartan Allies. Pyramid Boy telling me power-ups spawning are fantastic. I don't want him to tell me about picking up Spike Grenades off their spawn platform for the fourth time in a row. Having an ally Spartan yell "over yonder" is also not helpful. What are they teaching us at this Academy?
  • Better Weapon/Vehicle Hall menu. While I think the appearance (of the weapon floating above the table) is impressive, having to cycle through each weapon to find the one I want is time consuming. Maybe a smaller weapon selection at the bottom of the screen while still allowing the visual 'pop' of the weapon models.
  • Intro/Ending Match music. I saw earlier that the music falls a little flat [for the ending and intro] and I agree. If this is placeholder then I understand but as of right now it just doesn't evoke any emotion from me whatsoever.
  • Further tuning of Friend/Foe indicators. Some enemies were difficult to detect (with default settings). Some spartan color customization, such as yellow, would barely indicator that they were enemy.
Excited to see what's to come!
I agree with all of the above. With a Ryzen 5 3600 and an RX5700XT in matches I'm lucky to get 20fps, also tons of artifacts at the bottom of the scren. and mouse aim is VERY floaty. I have been using a controller to compensate with auto aim assist which does help.

Additionally. I think the Friend/Foe indicators NEED to be more visable, even with the stock red and blue there are many lighting conditions that make it tough to see clearly. Also I'd love an option where you can make enemy shields yellow while keeping the outline a different color.

I'm LOVING what I've played so far. Devs, your hard work does not go unnoticed. Thank you :)
I have an issue on PC where if I try to put a keybind for the tacmap/scoreboard the game crashes immediately after I exit settings once I have bound a key to it. It currently has a null for the key.
Personally, I'd like the option to limit scrolling to swap weapons. I hate the forcing of 1 notch of a scroll is 1 weapon swap so if I spin fast I end up at my original weapon. Sure F is an alternative but that's annoying when I'm trying to move. If you're going to have it on PC have proper PC keybind options please. Even being able to set a delay in ms between using the same swap button would be nice. Or give us weapon 1 and weapon 2 hotkeys.
Yes, I'm trying to be concious of only scrolling once, but double swapping throws me off so hard coming from playing with a controller for so long.

I've also had a lot of desync and stutter issues late last night and today. 3080 / 3700x.

Yesterday after they pushed the stutter patch it was smooth minus some desync, but now its unplayable
At 5120x1440p fullscreen (with a Samsung Odyssey G9, HDR & Gsync On) some menus feels too zoomed (Can't see spartan helmet when customizing, only chest).
Love the gameplay so far, my only real gripe is the implementation of the motion tracker.

When you move, you should show up as a blip. Crouch walking can hide you like in other halo titles, but I have had too many people sneak up on my team because you can't see them approaching / can't hear the footsteps. Right now you only appear if you shoot or sprint.

This may be due to the addition of the threat scanner, but I think that serves a different purpose a la Promethean Vision / revealing outlines for the whole team.
Does anyone feel like mouse input is extremely hard to be accurate with? I don't know how to explain it but this is probably the hardest FPS i've played with a mouse and keyboard when it comes to being accurate with the mouse
Hello, greetings to all, I need help, I got the inivtacion to play on xbox but I no longer have the console because I already have a decent pc to play, it can be changed into a pc to be able to play
Hey 343i. Thanks for the invite and the great game. Can’t wait for the campaign.
I’ve been playing against ODSt bots and boy, I’m intrigued about the spartan difficulty or the legendary in the campaign.
Here are some issues I encountered and a wishlist:
  • The first day, it was impossible to get a coating working. Even if I equipped it, in the menu and in game, it reverted to the basic one. Now, it seems to be working well always.
  • In medium, high or ultra graphic options, there is a flicker in some lines from my spartan model when I’m the menu or in customization. Dunno if it’s on my end.
  • In my personal opinion, the navigation in the customization screen is slow. I need to go back several times to get to another category. Maybe with a side bar or one under the preview of the items, we could navigate faster to the previous categories.
  • It would be awesome to have a preview of some of the graphic settings.
  • Please, consider having a representation of vram usage next to the graphics settings.
  • There are some games that scan your system and provide you with an optimized graphical option. Have you considered this?
Thanks for the invite!!!
So. Benchmark function ingame? To measure predicted FPS and VRAM usage.
NeeseBrah wrote:
Does anyone feel like mouse input is extremely hard to be accurate with? I don't know how to explain it but this is probably the hardest FPS i've played with a mouse and keyboard when it comes to being accurate with the mouse
A few people have mentioned that mouse aiming is pretty bad with Infinite. Some seem to agree that Controller is definitely superior with it's functionality. I haven't played with controller for so long I wouldn't know how to compare it but mouse aiming does feel off sometimes.
-walking and not showing up on the radar seems to be a very fundamental change that I believe impacts the game negatively for everyone, but specifically for controller users. The fact that people who walk don't show up on the radar means you constantly have to look around yourself to look out for enemy's, and that's simple when I'm using m&k but I seem outclassed every time I use a controller because its super slow even on max sens and aim acc. Its borderline infuriating. Also this seems to completely negate crouch walking all together.

-ar starts blow, I'm pretty sure I heard that the game will be br starts, hopefully that isnt only in comp.

-After swapping weapons the br has a very long wait before you can reload.

-Releasing the plasma pistol full charge point blank at an enemy doesn't work like half the time.

-idk what 3 round burst demon controlled the devs to make the two brute/covenant weapons out of the 4 new brute/covenant weapons 3 round bursts but they both aren't very fun to use imo (I like the fire effect tho for the ravenger)
AI are pretty accurate (Not in a Bad way) especially ODST with grenades but sometimes AI breaks
VOICE CHAT SHOULD NOT BE OPEN MIC BY DEFAULT PLZ FTLG This is the basic rule of online gaming especially with Mechanic Keyboards
I have the Default Audio settings (Dynamic) you cant hear any audio coming from behind or from the left or right if it's not in your FOV the Audio does not exist (G633 with Dolby 3D Surround)
Keyboard Settings such as Hold Zoom and Mouse sensitivity do not save, but Video settings do

I have a 1080ti, I7-8700K, 64GBs 3200 MHZ DDR3 RAM HyperX on Medium I get a constant 60 FPS, but anything higher would drop it to 50 or lower even if I set effects, shadows, reflections, fog to low and have anything else texture wise at High or Ultra

Additional: A short Tutorial in the Range would be nice so people can understand certain new features such as Mark(ing) which many people don't know exists
Netcode seems great so far, didn't notice anything strange in multiple matches
Spawning could use work, i've been spawn on the enemy side multiple times while my team spawns on the other end of the map and I end being killed from behind
found a crash but i cannot find any page on the website that lets me make a report. when i typed in the url manually i was given instructions to go to an article because there was no form. any help?
i'm on an amd radeon rx 5600 xt and sometimes my game would have a colorful static like effect at the bottom of the screen, normally it only happened on loading screens but sometimes it would happen sometimes while in gameplay.
i know you guys probably can't make this happen because you guys are not miracle workers and you should not have to be by any means. but I wanted to talk about flight times are they set in stone or are they going to be arranged for future flights. because of my region in the states i had less time to test the flight in the set times because of sleep deprivation and other reasons. Again i know your not mirical workers but please take it into consideration for the next flight. That's all I wanted to say about my flight experience overall. i really had no problems weapons worked fine on pc after the last day. And overall gameplay was good and performance was stable on the last day i really enjoyed it.
When going through the setting menu it flickers when in game. Happens in weapon drills and multiplayer. Since the update that added the bazaar, the game no longer remembers my edits to controls. However, it did seem to fix turning acceleration when I chose to use a controller.
Settings:
Medium 1080p locked at 75 frames.

GTX 2060 Super
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor 3.79 GHz
32.0 GB Ram

Other than a 2 game crashes it's been good.
x (x)
Every time I relaunch the game, some of my keybinds alongside other custom settings (e.g. hold to aim, crouch) are reset to default.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 49
  4. 50
  5. 51
  6. 52
  7. 53
  8. ...
  9. 73