[Locked] Infinite Tech Preview – PC Specific Input

OP snickerdoodle

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 37
Welcome to the second Halo Infinite technical preview! As you participate, we would love to get your thoughts on specific areas and have threads dedicated to each one right here on Waypoint.

This thread is focused on collecting PC-specific input. To provide your thoughts on other aspects of the flight, please use the dedicated threads for each key area:
            For bugs or technical issues, please utilize the Halo Insider Support site’s knowledge base and submit tickets as necessary. To reiterate, if you encounter a bug, please submit a ticket via the Halo Insider Support page.

Thank you for participating in this Halo Infinite technical preview, we hope you have fun and please share your thoughts with us below!
            Yes the threads are locked, no you can't post yet.

The threads will open as the areas open up for the tech preview!
            Exclusive fullscreen must be the top priority for PC team. Borderless forces triple buffering which increases latency and forces to lowest refresh rate of your displays which for multi-monitor setups is unacceptable.

Multithreaded raw mouse input is also incredibly important. Halo is a competitive fps after all and mouse needs to work perfectly. Every single framedrop, stutter or additional lag from borderless increases randomness to our accuracy.

Without these 2 essential items, there is no point in playing Infinite on PC.
            Switching weapons while using the scroll wheel is inconsistent and needs to be addressed, as a side note it seems that switching weapons with keys doesn't work but I could be wrong about that.

Someone else's description of the same problem with more appropriate terms:
            sunnlok wrote:
            Please make weapon switching via mouse wheel delta based and not a binary switch.
            I cant count the times i have died because i flicked my mouse wheel to switch away from my empty weapon just to end up on the same empty weapon again.
            This is the first shooter with mousewheel weapon switching i have noticed this happening with.
            Semi-toggle scoping has been removed for infinite and replaced with only two options (Hold or toggle). Please put a third zooming option in i.e. (Semi-toggle) that combines both (Hold and toggle) together. This feature is already present in all titles of MCC and functions perfectly.

(Semi-toggle scoping Explanation - if you keep holding zoom and let go, it goes in and out instantly. otherwise it's click once to scope in and click again to scope out.)

Being forced to choose between (Hold or toggle) is very frustrating as a long time Halo player. Please put this back in for Launch I beg of you.
            When you have toggle zoom set, it should actually be a hybrid mode like Halo MCC. Where if you hold down the button, it acts as hold to zoom.

Edit: Guy above me explained it better
            My game crashes every time i try to set up my key bindings
            Cant disable TAA, game is a blurry mess. Why is a blur inducing setting forced on the genre that requires clarity the most? I will not play or purchase Halo Infinite unless I can disable blurry post processing settings. Master Chief Collection with the AA off look better than this game just because its clear. Give us the option to turn TAA off.
            Exclusive fullscreen must be the top priority for PC team. Borderless forces triple buffering which increases latency and forces to lowest refresh rate of your displays which for multi-monitor setups is unacceptable.

Multithreaded raw mouse input is also incredibly important. Halo is a competitive fps after all and mouse needs to work perfectly. Every single framedrop, stutter or additional lag from borderless increases randomness to our accuracy.

Also exclusive fullscreen is very important, borderless is laggy as hell.
            A couple recommendations to consider so far:

1. True fullscreen mode, not just borderless fullscreen.
            2. Option to clear/remove keybindings. Allows player to easily remove bindings that are redundant/accident prone.
            3. Custom reticle options such as color, thickness; crosshair length, crosshair gap, crosshair opacity; reticle outline, reticle outline opacity; dot, dot size, dot opacity. On keyboard and mouse, accuracy based weapons such as the sniper rifle and semi-accuracy based weapons such as sidekick, commando, and battle rifle are too precise for such big crosshairs. Overall reticles feel too imprecise, feels like I'm aiming through a hula hoop.
            4. Mouse sensitivity 0.01-100.00 instead of 0.1-10.0.

DinkDonk 343! HELLO WAKE UP DinkDonk 343! FULL SCREEN FFS PLEASE DinkDonk

This has to be the most baffling decision in all seriousness.
            Please make weapon switching via mouse wheel delta based and not a binary switch.
            I cant count the times i have died because i flicked my mouse wheel to switch away from my empty weapon just to end up on the same empty weapon again.
            This is the first shooter with mousewheel weapon switching i have noticed this happening with.
            When I go to see the Keyboard/Mouse binding list, Melee shows up as empty, I then try to bind it to F, it then goes to an Infinite(lol) loop of " would you like to rebind Melee to F, F is currently set to Melee" and "reset bindings to default", in then freezes and crashes,
            Both, Cancel and accept in both queries are broken.
            I concur with the fullscreen mode. Borderless has noticeable input delay, not to mention technologies like Freesync/Gsync still freak out with borderless fullscreen enabled in many applications, meaning it's better to not enable it, so can't benefit from it in Infinite.

Besides that, I still feel like the game is unusually heavy for how it looks, and on top of that there are constant frametime dips that really get on my nerves.
            I have not owned an xbox since 2015 and have been opted out of the console flighting section of the Insider program for quite some time. Yet you guys issued me access on Xbox and not PC. Very disappointing, hope everyone enjoys playing. Ill be watching streams and laughing at how 343 fumbled yet another tech preview.
            Need more than one decimal place in mouse sensitivity settings to make use of sensitivity converters like mouse-sensitivity.com, other FPS games do this.
            Hi, I'm playing and enjoying the experience. A significant improvement for PC performance is noticeable, but I think you can still improve optimization by making some tweaks, adding exclusive full screen and even features like FidelityFX Super Resolution. I feel that my AMD Ryzen 5 3600 + Vega 56 + 16 GB DDR4 hardware is not being put to good use compared to other great games that have great graphics qualities. However, thanks so much for the tech preview.
            I play with a keypad due to a hand disability and the movement kept locking up making most the testing unplayable for match making
            I went back and tested on a lot of games halo infinite only ones its happening in, got me killed by bullets falling to death and more

return semi toggle zooming, doesnt feel like a halo game without it

keybinding crashes galore, and them not permanently setting

add fullscreen mode

mouse feels jump and off and slow to turn unlike every other shooter and it feels awful

the game feels blurry and off aswell as a whole while running or moving and shooting or zooming

main menu music is over tuned and when game crashes the slider doesnt reset for the volume but the volume does so i blasted through my headset louder than i thought possible

when hovering over weapons with a mouse in weapon drills it doesnt highlight the weapon and forces you to use keybind navigation to read anything which feels bad
            FSR implementation would help lots of people run the game at better framerates.
            I would love to see FSR implemented in Halo Infinite.

:)
            Molonky wrote:
            When I go to see the Keyboard/Mouse binding list, Melee shows up as empty, I then try to bind it to F, it then goes to an Infinite(lol) loop of " would you like to rebind Melee to F, F is currently set to Melee" and "reset bindings to default", in then freezes and crashes,
            Both, Cancel and accept in both queries are broken.
            I had this issue and a restart of the game fixed it. Not sure if that fixed the issue entirely as I haven’t closed the game again.
            This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
            não consegui ganhar o codigo para jogar a beta :c
            1. 1
            2. ...
            3. 2
            4. 3
            5. ...
            6. 37