[Locked] Infinite Tech Preview – Social Arena

OP snickerdoodle

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 62
Welcome to the second Halo Infinite technical preview! As you participate, we would love to get your thoughts on specific areas and have threads dedicated to each one right here on Waypoint.

This thread is focused on collecting input on Social Arena. To provide your thoughts on other aspects of the flight, please use the dedicated threads for each key area:
For bugs or technical issues, please utilize the Halo Insider Support site’s knowledge base and submit tickets as necessary. To reiterate, if you encounter a bug, please submit a ticket via the Halo Insider Support page.

Thank you for participating in this Halo Infinite technical preview, we hope you have fun and please share your thoughts with us below!
Yes the threads are locked, no you can't post yet.

The threads will open as the areas open up for the tech preview!
Feels really good so far! Will be leaving detailed thoughts later tonight :)
1. TIMERS: Eliminate weapon/equipment timers and AI heads-ups from ranked play. Talented players will do just fine using their own map awareness. I don’t mind keeping these features in during social matches.

2. STILL TOO MUCH DIALOGUE. Give us the ability to toggle off each personality (AI, announcer, chatter, Spartan commander, etc.). Additionally, let us select what types of dialogue we hear. Example: I don’t care that my AI sees headshots in my future, but I do want to know that the overshield spawned.

3. IN-GAME SCORE? What’s its purpose? We only gain XP through completing battle pass challenges. You might as well get rid of the screen clutter by getting rid of the points we score and even medals since they don’t contribute to XP either.

4. OPTION TO TURN OFF INTRO CAMERA PAN. Watching the cringe animations at the beginning of each match and poses at the end immediately strips these “Spartans” of all credibility that they are professional supersoldiers. Punching the air before a gunfight? The 'I’m too cool to take this seriously' guy?

5. MP MUSIC. I turned the music off. I love the new campaign tracks and remixes, but the Infinite MP does not feel Haloish at all. Give us a new theme to choose from with each season.
1. Playing in Xbox one hardware, it just doesn’t feel that smooth, I think my frame rate is too low due to the hardware, makes aiming difficult. But it’s not a huge deal just thought I’d share it.
2. Couldn’t change my weapon in any game mode, including training.
3. Can’t find a match at all on social slayer. Only bot.
There is no red reticle in social arena or arena bots? Really hope this gets fixed! Only gun it appears on is the pulse rifle.
I think pistols are ruined
no longer good whatsoever
clip after clip no damage long range
would like a buff on these as its making whoever has br destroy
I like the ai pulse feature using the DPAD on xbox but it needs to more clearly highlight where POI are with power weapons etc. We also need a map illustration during the load in screen because half the time I'm just wandering around with no idea where to go. This illustration can then highlight key weapon spawns and other POI before you load in.

I appreciate after a few hours I'll pick it up and I agree with the above suggestion that all the hand holding is then excluded from ranked playlists or maybe has a setting to turn it off but beginners need more to help them orientate themselves.
ACCESSIBILITY:
  • Pease add an option to change the crosshair color AND size, similar to Splitgate. I'm not asking CSGO level of customization but me and many other people prefer to have a universal crosshair style for most weapons. If anybody at 343 is reading this please add this by launch as I find it hard to play the game with the default crosshair and color.
MISC:
  • Get rid of the randomized weapons spawns on weapon racks! Part of the fun and skill gap consists of learning where exactly each weapons spawns, having RNG weapons racks spawns doesn't help anyone, new or veteran players will just find this RNG feature frustrating in the long run.
  • Scroll wheel mouse needs a fix! Right now the mouse scroll wheel can result in quickly swapping your next weapon and go back to the first one. Please add a little delay so you don't mistakenly swap weapons as it is hard to scroll 'at one step' up or down. With a little added delay, you won't accidentally swap weapons multiple times using the mouse wheel.
PERFORMANCE:
  • The game on PC is very stuttery and laggy, with an i7 10700k + RTX 3070ti I can barely get 120 FPS consistently with 90 fps drops in BTB, somehow changing the pre-sets from ULTRA to LOW doesn't seem to do anything except boost the fps by 5-10 fps which doesn't make any sense. Please fix the PC performance issues by launch because it will be unacceptable to release the game in this state on PC.
I can’t stress this enough that match performance must provide additional XP on top of what’s provided by challenges. Not seeing your effort within your match performance rewarded with some direct XP is a straight up bad feeling. Not to mention, it renders the XP boosts as somewhat trivial given they’d need to be used (timing wise) in conjunction with completing challenges. Simply put, not including performance based XP was a terrible decision. Please, course correct that obvious mistake.

Reticle magnetism being so low on controller paired with Infinite’s extremely low-to-nonexistent bullet magnetism has me concerned about the game’s ability to retain the casual console gamer crowd; particularly, those that aren’t die hard Halo fans. While the current setup creates a serious skill-curve in the gunplay, which in-turn can foster sizable skill-gaps, I have to wonder how many casual FPS players will just be turned off by the experience on controller. Hopefully, there’ll be an option to isolate crossplay by input device & the SBMM will be even better in Infinite than what thankfully was (eventually) implemented into H5. I say this because it’ll be crucial to prevent lopsided matches from also potentially driving away casuals.

Regarding the loadout weapons, for the pistol I suggest a slight bump to the reticle magnetism (for controller), less bloom effect, a slower fire rate, and 2 extra bullets in the mag. For the AR, just a slightly smaller reticle size. I think these alterations would prove beneficial to the sandbox gunplay. Less potential bullet spread on the pistol should help it gain a bit more effectiveness over the AR as the “better” mid+ range loadout option despite losing its TTK advantage. This is not to say it’s an ideal mid+ range option because it’s not. Nor is the AR, but the AR is noticeably more forgiving, easier to use, and seemingly more effective (currently) between the two; at least, when in the hands of the “average” player. As I see it, the loadout options must (1) complement each other as potential secondary finishers, (2) present players with different risk/reward options while filling largely versatile roles, (3) be capable enough within the sandbox that they’re not immediately discardable options, and (4) capable enough that they allow players to fight out of spawn traps. The top options at mid+ range are the BR, Commando, & other such more effective mid+ range precision options, but the pistol should be presented as a high-skilled loadout option that’s somewhat useful beyond its optimal range in order to fight off opponents possessing more efficiently effective weapons from mid+ range who’re attempting to spawn trap. The AR should present itself as the lower-skilled and less effective option to achieve that same goal while also presenting itself as the “better” CQC option between the two. A slightly smaller AR reticle should lessen its general aim assistance a bit. I think it’s current damage, effective range, & bullet spread are just fine because it’s the pistol that needs most of the adjusting IMO. While the AR needs to remain easier to use than the pistol it shouldn’t be significantly easier. And let me say that I’m glad you’re recognizing the need to keep the AR effective within the sandbox.

Also button combos are okay if the animation shortening is quite subtle and only grants a minor competitive edge for the player. But, the current “BXB” or “BYB” techniques are way too much of an advantage. In its current condition those combos cannot be in the released version of the game.

Since I don’t know of a better thread to pass on this feedback I’ll provide it here too. Please deepen the tactical capabilities within the slide mechanism. Allow players to cancel out of it at any time by pulling back on the control stick in the opposite direction of the slide. From perspectives that look at a character model attempting to do this they should see the character model digging their feet into the ground to end (cancel) the slide. This should add a lot more depth to the deployment of that mobility component within combat encounters and help differentiate Halo Infinite’s slide mechanism from many other FPS titles.

Consider implementing Spring Jumps for a little extra competitive mobility depth.

I really hope the post match carnage reports or scoreboard in this Tech Preview isn’t the final edition. There’s a bit of missing information that’s enjoyable to check out, such as: who you killed most, who killed you most, tool of destruction, “MVP”, etc. Please add those things into the Infinite carnage report.

Please tell me that there’ll be an extensive career stats to view in game.

The current chosen indicator for a downed teammate isn’t a clear choice. What was wrong with the traditional Red X?

Just going to mention that the Plasma Pistol’s (PP) lock-on capability confounds me. I was hoping it’d be improved for this last flight. And discovering that the vehicle EMP effect was removed is also disappointing, but I imagine this was done to make vehicles more consequential. Personally, I prefer that occur by simply limiting the amount/availability of PPs on a map. Nevertheless, consider allowing the weapon to at least fully lock onto Spartans, but maybe require a bit longer time period to achieve that full lock capability and visually reflect it by having the reticle rotate further before indicating that the charged plasma burst is locked onto its target. Being the key component in the “Noob Combo” is what gives the PP real value. Take that away and what value does it really possess? Especially, without the EMP effect.

Regarding vehicles, can the mid-air control of the Warthog be greatly diminished or possibly removed? It always felt strange and a bit goofy being able to adjust the Warthog mid-air in H5. The Mongoose is another matter. It makes a lot more practical sense for the player to exhibit mid-air control over the Mongoose; not so much the Warthog. There’s an appreciation for driving the Warthog at risk of losing control; although, its heavier chassis and beefier suspension should help prevent it from being too easy to flip & roll. Please consider my request to greatly diminish or remove mid-air control while making the Warthog a lot heavier.

The Gravity Hammer should exhibit some gravitational force at impact.

The Repulser’s range of effect seemed a bit much at times.

Grenade jumps feel pretty much non-existent. Just wondering if this is on purpose?

I sure hope we get to see Squad Battle (6v6) return in Infinite. A map like Behemoth is ideal for a playlist such as that.

I am disappointed that assassinations are not available and won’t be until after release. Couldn’t have given us just one? A basic default assassination.

Per video footage, please tweak the Thruster equipment to more closely mimic the H5 version. And I’d like to request a Stabilizer piece of equipment in the future or include it as a feature of having the Thruster equipment. It’d be nice to not have its use tied to Smart-Link (in Infinite).

Recommendation: Allow us to customize our HUDs.

Side note: I personally preferred the Threat Tracker over the Motion Tracker for Arena matches.

Lastly, why isn’t there a way to access character customization in between match searches without having to back out of matchmaking? I hope we can in the release version of the game.

Oh, and thanks for adding a proper mark/tag mechanism in Halo.
Hi gurs, I feel like the 18m radar is too small - I feel like it should be 25m to allow for players to react to others flanking
Playing in Aus, have managed to find 8 games in the 4 hour time slot. I have 5 friends who I know that are all experiencing the same issue. Searched as both individuals and as fire teams and still cries of no joy in searching. Okay one 6 minute game and then searching for 20 odd minutes for the next is ridiculous. I have played every halo and this experience has left a sour taste in my mouth.
I've noticed I spawn far away from my teammates, and within 15 or so seconds the entire enemy team gangs up on me. Is there something wrong with the spawn system? Isn't fun being separated from the team.
I had one good match today but now everything feels off. Shots aren't connecting, melee lock on isn't triggering when it should, and marksman weapons likes the Skewer and Sniper Rifle just do not seem to hit the target much less kill compared to older Halos where I could pick up and hit no problem. I don't know if this engine side or network side but something is going on behind the scenes.
Can you please change the radar back to sprint and shooting only. I don't want to have to crouch walk in order to stay off radar, especially with camo it doesn't make sense with how fast paced the game is. My friends and I all agree that it is better than an always on radar.

Or at least make camo take you off radar when walking.

Also, please remove the double melee button glitch. (bxb)
Playing in Aus, have managed to find 8 games in the 4 hour time slot. I have 5 friends who I know that are all experiencing the same issue. Searched as both individuals and as fire teams and still cries of no joy in searching. Okay one 6 minute game and then searching for 20 odd minutes for the next is ridiculous. I have played every halo and this experience has left a sour taste in my mouth.
I couldn’t agree more with your statement MrMiyagiSon I had the distinct pleasure of playing the Cod Vanguard Beta with flawless online connectivity and mind you I’m no Cod fanboy my heart bleeds Halo.

But seriously 8 games in 4 hours when getting up at 3:00 in the morning with excitement and exhilaration and anticipation has really left me on a downer.

My friends have also experienced these issues in searching for hours for a game, it makes me wonder if they even have a server to facilitate Australians.

Hoping the next session has these issues rectified and ironed out, at this stage I will not be setting my alarm for 3:00 again for that kind of disappointment.

Kind regards an avid Halo fan
a little disgusted. Hopefully that's because it's a test, but I get behind a player, shoot him head-on, he turns around and finishes me off in a few balls. if we add to that the guys who crouch down with an anti-gravity hammer, those that I shoot with 2 chargers and who don't fall .. a little sad for me. 3rd parts and I'm already almost disgusted. limit I prefer the 5. halo fan since the 1st .. the more it goes the less it goes. Is the crossplay then this is the pinnacle .. in short .. strongly that we test the BTB because if it is like that the 4 vs 4 bah I will not do it often .. and it does not come from my co j have 400 mbits. good .. I will have the countryside left. but at the moment it doesn't make me want to buy a battle pass..😰
assault rifle has wayy too much range. very little point in picking up the BR or commando.
assault rifle has wayy too much range. very little point in picking up the BR or commando.
I do think the assault rifle is a bit strong. Not better than the BR or commando. But definitely better than the pistol, which it shouldn't be if the pistol guy lands all their shots.
CallyBeats wrote:
1. Playing in Xbox one hardware, it just doesn’t feel that smooth, I think my frame rate is too low due to the hardware, makes aiming difficult. But it’s not a huge deal just thought I’d share it.
2. Couldn’t change my weapon in any game mode, including training.
3. Can’t find a match at all on social slayer. Only bot.
Definitely not smooth on Xbox one
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 62